Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Luke
    • By MSE Luke 16th Sep 16, 12:14 PM
    • 181Posts
    • 41Thanks
    MSE Luke
    iOS 10 annoyances: How to unlock without pressing the home button
    • 16th Sep 16, 12:14 PM
    iOS 10 annoyances: How to unlock without pressing the home button 16th Sep 16 at 12:14 PM
    'iOS 10 annoyances: How to unlock without pressing the home button'

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Page 1
    • jenniewb
    • By jenniewb 9th Oct 16, 5:57 AM
    • 12,018 Posts
    • 11,407 Thanks
    jenniewb
    • 9th Oct 16, 5:57 AM
    • 9th Oct 16, 5:57 AM
    Do you have any tips on how to go back to the swipe (or just avoid needing to click on the home button) with an ipod touch? I get as far as the Home Button option and after then my screen only shows me options to speed up the click nothing about using the swipe or anything.
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 9th Oct 16, 10:06 AM
    • 1,713 Posts
    • 690 Thanks
    20aday
    • 9th Oct 16, 10:06 AM
    • 9th Oct 16, 10:06 AM
    Do you have any tips on how to go back to the swipe (or just avoid needing to click on the home button) with an ipod touch? I get as far as the Home Button option and after then my screen only shows me options to speed up the click nothing about using the swipe or anything.
    Originally posted by jenniewb
    I've an iPod Touch 6th Generation myself and there's no option to restore the Swipe to Unlock feature within iOS 10 itself.

At the moment Apple are apparently signing the firmware for iOS 9.3.5 still so you'd have to revert to the previous operating system version to get back Swipe to Unlock *.

* Current as of 09/10/2016. Apple may cease this at any time soon.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your account conduct and credit history.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,325Posts Today

6,975Users online

Martin's Twitter