Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 14th Sep 16, 7:25 PM
    • 5,870Posts
    • 3,461Thanks
    teddysmum
    'My Offers ' has disappeared from My Sky
    • 14th Sep 16, 7:25 PM
    'My Offers ' has disappeared from My Sky 14th Sep 16 at 7:25 PM
    I thought I'd seen a section on, My Sky, entitled My Offers, but can't find one, now.

Could someone indicate where within the My Sky section any offers appear, please, as I want to keep track, having done the usual cancellation?
    Last edited by teddysmum; 19-09-2016 at 5:42 PM.
Page 2
    • gillw72
    • By gillw72 2nd Oct 16, 12:08 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    gillw72
    Just been reading through this interesting thread! I cancelled last week after a discount ended and my package went back up to £80. I have checked online & Interactive and have the 60% offer.

My package is "Sky Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD" which has gone up to £80 per month. I just wanted to check if the discount is off everything except HD as I find the terms text a little confusing?

60% was the first offer I received, I assume it doesn't get any better than this?
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 3rd Oct 16, 8:55 AM
    • 4,028 Posts
    • 1,610 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Just been reading through this interesting thread! I cancelled last week after a discount ended and my package went back up to £80. I have checked online & Interactive and have the 60% offer.

My package is "Sky Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD" which has gone up to £80 per month. I just wanted to check if the discount is off everything except HD as I find the terms text a little confusing?

60% was the first offer I received, I assume it doesn't get any better than this?
    Originally posted by gillw72
    If you read thru' other threads, you will find that some are getting cash credits to their account,in addition to 60% discount -I've seen both £50 and £75 mentioned. I'm in a similar position to you, cancelled one week ago -currently the interactive service via the box shows 60% discount whilst the app. is only showing 50%!!
    I'm waiting til the last moment in the hope of a phone call or email
    • gillw72
    • By gillw72 3rd Oct 16, 9:05 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    gillw72
    ok, so the percentage doesn't increase past 60%, but it might be possible to get a credit as well.

Just checked this morning and the website and interactive are both now showing 50%!!
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 3rd Oct 16, 9:59 AM
    • 4,028 Posts
    • 1,610 Thanks
    brewerdave
    After reading the last post ,thought I'd check on potential offers.
    I now have an offer on MySky web page -but only 50% for 10 months. The offer via interactive has also dropped from 60% to 50% for 10 months whilst the Sky app is still showing 50% for 12 months.
    I wonder if the ceiling for discounts has been reduced with the start of a new month? Or does the interactive service "learn" and reduce the offer once you have been tempted to look?
    No rush for me however -quite happy to let it go off for a while if it gets me a better deal If I accepted 50% for 10 months ,it would cost me ~ £220 more than last twelve months
    Last edited by brewerdave; 03-10-2016 at 10:02 AM.
    • dazzaofdagenham
    • By dazzaofdagenham 3rd Oct 16, 11:49 AM
    • 908 Posts
    • 331 Thanks
    dazzaofdagenham
    I've just cancelled my SKY TV

Had box sets and cinema/ sports HD which is I believe 80 pounds per month, but I had a discount of 37 per month..
    Then multi screen of 12 pounds per month.

So paying 55 a month.
    Can I do better than this, the first advisor offers 25% off a year and I wasn't interested in that...so that triggered my cancellation.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 3rd Oct 16, 1:40 PM
    • 5,870 Posts
    • 3,461 Thanks
    teddysmum
    After reading the last post ,thought I'd check on potential offers.
    I now have an offer on MySky web page -but only 50% for 10 months. The offer via interactive has also dropped from 60% to 50% for 10 months whilst the Sky app is still showing 50% for 12 months.
    I wonder if the ceiling for discounts has been reduced with the start of a new month? Or does the interactive service "learn" and reduce the offer once you have been tempted to look?
    No rush for me however -quite happy to let it go off for a while if it gets me a better deal If I accepted 50% for 10 months ,it would cost me ~ £220 more than last twelve months
    Originally posted by brewerdave

My 60% offer had a use by date of Friday, but a letter gave use by date as before Monday 3rd, but if I get a good phone deal, I'll try to resurrect, as it worked last year.

Silly, I know, but I'm sitting here, putting off the call about phone/bb as I feel I'm going to be disappointed, because other providers are offering less.
    • trixie73
    • By trixie73 9th Oct 16, 7:50 PM
    • 814 Posts
    • 633 Thanks
    trixie73
    I cancelled my sky and its been off a couple of weeks. They called this morning to offer me the 60% off, I said no thanks. Then she offered me £50 credit as well and no contract, so I can cancel at anytime. I went for this deal
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 10th Oct 16, 2:53 PM
    • 5,870 Posts
    • 3,461 Thanks
    teddysmum
    Tv is going off on Thursday and phone etc are going to PlusNet next Friday.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,364Posts Today

6,013Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Going to a very exciting premier right now... with Mrs and mini MSE, to the screening of "we're going on a bear hunt"

• No. Not a huge fan. Never claimed to be.Just a fan. And one who choose to prioritise family time with his little gi? https://t.co/lZ9uUylk2U

• I've just checked the score. You're right. What happened? https://t.co/5E7y52r47o

• Follow Martin