Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ikovic
    • By ikovic 14th Sep 16, 11:08 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    ikovic
    Help with 2 tickets
    • 14th Sep 16, 11:08 AM
    Help with 2 tickets 14th Sep 16 at 11:08 AM
    Hi all,

Thank you in advance for any advice.
    I have in a short period received 2 parking tickets. Both absolutely not fair in my opinion.
    I would like to fight them both.
    Have read threads for newbies and have acted on one according to advice.
    However now I feel a bit stuck and would appreciate some advice.

Ticket 1 - Mothercare
    On 7/7 the car was parked at Mothercare in Leeds.
    There was a parking space available for people with children.
    Driver parked there and went to the store. Was in for about 20 minutes. Both some products.
    Came back and there was a fine from UKPC. Reason - not parked correctly within the markings of the bay or space. Idiotic. Cars to the left and right took up some space, so tires did cross the line in the middle. However no one was obstructed, no problems.
    We first wrote to Mothercare, sent them the receipt. They were not helpful at all. Refused to get involved.
    We then sent an appeal to UKPC using drafts from the forum.
    On 01/08 they sent a letter asking for driver's details before they can make a decision.
    We just came from holiday now and did not reply to them.
    What should we do next?

Ticket 2 - neighbour
    Neighbours rent a flat to students. They have two parking places. On the day they were moving out they put trash on our land, used our bins, and blocked our parking. Driver spoke to them and said they will park for an hour on their land. They were leaving, no new tenants for months, so they said of course.
    Later that day we cleared our land and parked there. Nothing happened. Until 02/08 when I received parking charge notice from PCS - Notice to keeper - on behalf of JD Parking.
    It seams that the landlord probably came home to check the flat, saw the car and called these guys.
    What would you suggest to do on this one?

Thank you very much in advance for your time reading this and any responses.
    No problem paying fines if there was a reason and somebody was at a lose. I have done this several times in the past.
    But these two are just simple extortion for nothing.
    Last edited by ikovic; 14-09-2016 at 12:25 PM.
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 14th Sep 16, 11:29 AM
    • 10,265 Posts
    • 15,130 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 14th Sep 16, 11:29 AM
    • 14th Sep 16, 11:29 AM
    Ticket 1
    On 01/08 they sent a letter asking for driver's details before they can make a decision.
    I just came from holiday now and did not reply to them.
    You did the right thing in ignoring that request - a phishing attempt by them for you to identify the driver as that makes it much easier for them to pursue. They will send you a rejection of your initial appeal with a POPLA code by or around day 35 after the parking incident.

Under no circumstances are you to reveal who the driver was - so you very urgently need to amend your opening post, as its splattered everywhere in it!

Ticket 2
    You follow the newbies FAQ sticky again, use the blue text initial appeal template at around day 25 electronically if available, or if not, day 22 by snail mail (as per advice in the sticky).
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • ikovic
    • By ikovic 22nd Sep 16, 11:45 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ikovic
    • 22nd Sep 16, 11:45 AM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 11:45 AM
    I did as instructed.

Ticket 2
    Used the blue text.

Their reply via email

Thank you for your email regarding the above Parking Charge Notice (PCN).

The time to challenge the charge has now expired and therefore access to the Independent Appeals Service (if applicable) is no longer available.

However, in order to resolve this matter, I will offer the following comments as to why this PCN was correctly issued and is still payable.

My findings

The site in question is subject to terms and conditions, which are stated on signs throughout the area. Those signs state that all vehicles must be parked in an authorised manner.

On the date in question, the vehicle was parked in an unauthorised manner and a PCN was correctly and legitimately issued.

As the account was not settled at first instance, the matter has now been passed on to our company for collection and therefore all future correspondence should be directed to our company.

Registered keeper liability

As you failed to provide the driver’s/hirer’s contact details within the stipulated timeframe, liability now rests with the registered keeper of the vehicle (see section “More Information” for a detailed explanation).

What you need to do now

Please ensure that £160.00 is paid by 05/10/2016. Payment can be made online or by phone. Go to parkingc phone 0208 528 4122. You can find full details of how to pay on the reverse of the letter(s) sent.

What will happen if you do not pay what you owe

If the amount is not paid by the date shown above, we will recommend to our client that court action be taken by them to recover the outstanding balance.

What if you do not agree

Although any correspondence that does not provide further evidence will be noted and retained, I cannot guarantee that we will reply to it.
    What to do now?

Thank you
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd Sep 16, 12:32 PM
    • 38,306 Posts
    • 49,779 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 22nd Sep 16, 12:32 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 12:32 PM
    Read post #3 of the NEWBIES thread and sit tight, ignore debt collector threatograms (as explained there, including what happens). IAS was never an option worth trying anyway as everyone LOSES, it is considered a kangaroo court worth swerving. So being 'too late' for IAS is no loss!
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 22-09-2016 at 12:36 PM.
    PCN in a private car park in England/Wales? DON'T PAY IT BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

USE THE 'FORUM JUMP' ON RIGHT, GO TO THE PARKING TICKETS FORUM. READ THE 'NEWBIES' THREAD.
    Do NOT read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,872Posts Today

6,682Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @GemmaRobyn: @MartinSLewis my parents earned +£50k but it didn't mean they could afford to help. I worked 2 jobs at uni to get by. Why b?

• RT @JackieMutlow: @MartinSLewis @GMB Daughters loans not enough we pay 2 months rent a year (2x £410) AND £250 a month for food, train etc?

• Morning. On way to @gmb for 7:40 slot, this week warning to parents about student finance, get paid to cut debt costs, free cafe nero & more

• Follow Martin