Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ap1985
    • By ap1985 13th Sep 16, 2:19 PM
    • 68Posts
    • 20Thanks
    ap1985
    Halifax Mortgage Process
    • 13th Sep 16, 2:19 PM
    Halifax Mortgage Process 13th Sep 16 at 2:19 PM
    Hi all,

I am currently going through the Halifax mortgage process for a help to buy new property. This is where I am currently at present (very stressed!)

02/09 AIP from Halifax
    06/09 Made offer and put an holding deposit down
    06/09 Instructed Solicitors
    07/09 made full application to Halifax
    09/09 Case went for review to underwriters
    13/09 Case approved subject to valuation

Should i be happy or can something still go wrong? Anyone else in the same boat as me??
Page 3
    • ap1985
    • By ap1985 21st Sep 16, 9:55 AM
    • 68 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    ap1985
    After all that my husband and I finally received our mortgage offer this morning. Thanks to all those on this forum that kept me sane and gave me advice
    • nataliekatemese123
    • By nataliekatemese123 21st Sep 16, 9:55 AM
    • 28 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    nataliekatemese123
    Yeeeaaahhhhhh! Amazing. Congrats. Bet you're so relieved!
    • ap1985
    • By ap1985 21st Sep 16, 9:58 AM
    • 68 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    ap1985
    I sure am. Thank you for your support nataliekate
    • Mrsrjo
    • By Mrsrjo 21st Sep 16, 4:43 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mrsrjo
    ahh thats great news! How long did you wait from valuation to offer?
    • ap1985
    • By ap1985 21st Sep 16, 4:45 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    ap1985
    Thank you Mrsrjo. It was 3 working days
    • Mrsrjo
    • By Mrsrjo 21st Sep 16, 5:01 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mrsrjo
    Not bad at all, I could cope with that! Our valuation is Monday. Hoping they don't leave me hanging too long.

We've asked for an extra 10k for a new kitchen so need to supply quotes to prove we're spending the money on that. Having a kitchen design meeting on Sat. Will be heart broken if it all falls throu and I've fallen in love with a new kitchen we've had designed especially for our house (we're right to buy so I'm already living in the house I am buying)
    • ap1985
    • By ap1985 22nd Sep 16, 9:02 AM
    • 68 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    ap1985
    Not bad at all, I could cope with that! Our valuation is Monday. Hoping they don't leave me hanging too long.

We've asked for an extra 10k for a new kitchen so need to supply quotes to prove we're spending the money on that. Having a kitchen design meeting on Sat. Will be heart broken if it all falls throu and I've fallen in love with a new kitchen we've had designed especially for our house (we're right to buy so I'm already living in the house I am buying)
    Originally posted by Mrsrjo

Yes fingers crossed hopefully you won't have to wait for too long either. I will keep my fingers crossed for you
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

786Posts Today

5,740Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Morning. I'm on way to @thismorning explaining what students & parents need know re Uni finance. Incl hidden 27% parental contribution hike

• Monarch reports seem that all is good today thankfully https://t.co/xByM8ZX48S

• RT @CullernSarah: @MartinSLewis Thanks so much for your advise on flight delay compensation. A cheque for just over £1000 arrived today ????

• Follow Martin