Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Timbosaurus
    • By Timbosaurus 13th Sep 16, 12:27 PM
    • 39Posts
    • 16Thanks
    Timbosaurus
    Barclaycard multiple cards working again
    • 13th Sep 16, 12:27 PM
    Barclaycard multiple cards working again 13th Sep 16 at 12:27 PM
    I can confirm that Barclaycard are now allowing additional accounts for existing cardholders again. I took a test run through the eligibility checker, ticking 'yes' that I am an existing account holder, was given 9.5/10 for a few cards (I'm an existing Platinum), so chose to take out a low-rate (6.9%) Platinum as a second account. All approved, and the card arrived yesterday, so it seems the Hilton and Low Rate cards are now up for grabs for existing cardholders who might wish to get them.

Next step will be to get them to merge my £9k limit from my old 18.9% Platinum over to my new 6.9% one
Page 3
    • book12
    • By book12 7th Oct 16, 5:49 PM
    • 2,485 Posts
    • 551 Thanks
    book12
    Has anyone called up to discuss if their application has been processed at all?
    I got the 5 days processing screen, but I applied Tuesday and wondering if anyone has called to chase?
    Originally posted by tonymcp86
    I would wait the full 5 working days has ended before calling them. If you don't here anything by Tuesday 11th, call them on Wednesday 12th.

During the application process when you apply online, there is a step to setup a passcode and memorable word and question. Do you remember getting that page? If you have that screen, you have a high chance of getting accepted.

In the next few days check your email from Barclaycard regarding acceptance, credit limit, and login id.
    • FluroFrancis
    • By FluroFrancis 7th Oct 16, 6:32 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    FluroFrancis
    I got the passcode and memorable word page, got rejected though when the letter came
    • broken_man
    • By broken_man 13th Oct 16, 3:47 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    broken_man
    First Refused, then Approved for Travel Platinum
    I have a Visa Platinum Balance Transfer which I've held for 16 months with a balance 6k on it.

I did the eligibility checker for the Visa Travel Platinum and received a 9.5/10 chance of getting the card.

Entered my details for online registration and was referred for more checks.

I received a letter saying not possible to have two cards. Then the following day I received an email from Barclaycard saying I'd been approved for the Travel Platinum with a 2K limit.

I called them to ask what was happening and true enough, they confirmed my application for a second card had been approved. They were fully aware this would be my second card.

So it seems as though it is indeed possible to have two Platinum cards at the same time. I can only presume it's based on individual account circumstances.

Good luck to all that apply.
    Last edited by broken_man; 14-10-2016 at 5:41 PM. Reason: Updated Information
    • stevenhp1987
    • By stevenhp1987 13th Oct 16, 10:23 PM
    • 292 Posts
    • 278 Thanks
    stevenhp1987
    I rang Barclaycard after being declined for the travel card (I currently have the Visa/Amex Cashback Duo).

They say their systems only allow the travel card to new cardholders as part of a trial and the fact it shows on the eligibility checker for existing customers is an error.

You can have two cards, which allows for one Barclaycard and one white label (e.g. Hilton) card after said white labels caused a fuss (the fact you can have two Barclaycards is more likely a compromise of time to implement one branded and one whitelabel over any two cards), but you cannot apply for the travel card as your second.
    Last edited by stevenhp1987; 13-10-2016 at 10:26 PM.
    • book12
    • By book12 14th Oct 16, 5:43 PM
    • 2,485 Posts
    • 551 Thanks
    book12
    I rang Barclaycard after being declined for the travel card (I currently have the Visa/Amex Cashback Duo).

They say their systems only allow the travel card to new cardholders as part of a trial and the fact it shows on the eligibility checker for existing customers is an error.

You can have two cards, which allows for one Barclaycard and one white label (e.g. Hilton) card after said white labels caused a fuss (the fact you can have two Barclaycards is more likely a compromise of time to implement one branded and one whitelabel over any two cards), but you cannot apply for the travel card as your second.
    Originally posted by stevenhp1987
    I think you can have two Platinum cards (not matter what type they are BT, purchase, low rate, etc...).

I have a Visa Platinum which I've held for 16 months with a balance transfer of 6k on.

I did the eligibility checker for the Visa Travel Platinum and received a 9.5/10 chance of getting the card.

Entered my details for online registration and was referred for more checks.

I received a letter 2 days later saying it wasn't possible for me to have 2 cards. Oh well.

***UPDATE*** Having received the letter, I was shocked to see an email from Barclaycard saying I'd been approved for the Travel Platinum with a 2K limit, and that I should expect the cars in 5 days. I just called them to confirm what was happening and true enough, I got approved. So I guess it is possible after all to have a standard platinum and a travel platinum.
    Originally posted by broken_man
    Probably a glitch regarding a letter saying not allowing two cards. Good to hear that you now have a second Barclaycard.

It is possible to have two cards as per their website I posted earlier in this thread.

The travel card isn't a good as Halifax, Nationwide, and other travel cards mentioned on the MSE site.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,352Posts Today

6,710Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @speirin: @MartinSLewis now thats a blast from the past ???? https://t.co/5cSz1aNWFz

• Have you set the Betamax? Tonight 8pm ITV The Martin Lewis Money Show - if ur married, and/or got kids and/or get tax credits - a must watch

• On my way to @thismorning today "Is a shop telling you porkies" - how to tell your consumer rights from consumer wrongs...

• Follow Martin