Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 13th Sep 16, 9:35 AM
    • 6,330Posts
    • 8,140Thanks
    beamerguy
    *Mrs May >> Wake up the DCLG with their "shortly rubbish" and stop the scam and CCJ's
    • 13th Sep 16, 9:35 AM
    *Mrs May >> Wake up the DCLG with their "shortly rubbish" and stop the scam and CCJ's 13th Sep 16 at 9:35 AM
    Whatever you think about Brexit or the landslide win by Donald Trump, it is clear the people no longer accept the establishment and just as Trump has whooped the establishment, Mrs May will probably be next unless she gets her ministers in order and indeed her own act in order ...... just try a general election Theresa ???

Theresa May has pledged to root out abuse of county court judgments following a Daily Mail investigation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3786132/I-ll-end-credit-rating-scandal-pledges-PM-acts-Mail-exposes-rulings-ruined-lives.html

Is Mrs May really up to the job ??
    Last edited by beamerguy; 12-12-2016 at 5:40 PM. Reason: ?
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Page 16
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 10th Jul 17, 10:08 AM
    • 6,330 Posts
    • 8,140 Thanks
    beamerguy
    It is the heat UMKO 27 at 7am with 70%+ humidity.

Also, seeing how different countries tackle parking. Here in Spain the council has cleared masses of unbuilt land a few minutes walk

If you want tyo park closer to the beach the cost is 60 cents an hour. If you bilk or overstay you get fined €3.00 which you can pay at the meter.

They seem to be under the impression that free parking encourages people to spend that money at the bars and restaurants. Dunny people these furriners.
    Originally posted by The Deep
    We could live with that

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 11th Jul 17, 5:15 PM
    • 6,330 Posts
    • 8,140 Thanks
    beamerguy
    As Vince Cable has returned, add him to your complaints list

Vince Cable MP
    vince.cable.mp@parliament.uk

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • bargepole
    • By bargepole 21st Jul 17, 11:27 AM
    • 2,140 Posts
    • 6,185 Thanks
    bargepole
    Some action at last:

http://services.parliament.uk/bills/2017-19/parkingcodeofpractice.html

This Private Member's Bill has Government and cross-party support, and stands a good chance of making it into statute.

The full text of the clauses will be published nearer the date of the second reading, but my sources tell me it's something we should support.

Now would be a good time to write to your MP urging them to support it.
    Speeding cases fought: 24 (3 of mine, 21 for others). Cases won: 20. Points on licence: 0. Private Parking Court Cases: Won 29. Lost 9.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd Jul 17, 12:15 AM
    • 51,452 Posts
    • 65,047 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes, especially if anyone here has a tale to tell about a fake PCN...oh wait...we all do - even those who haven't had one themselves, have a friend who has been ripped off, or have read about a real eye-opener of a scam (or a hundred) just by being here.

Everyone reading this, please take time to write to your MP now. NOW. Please...

Tell them how you suffered and how this situation is worse than clamping was, as people are held to ransom for double or even triple the ''parking charge'', sometimes escalating from an already exorbitant £100, up to £300 for no reason whatsoever.

Being 'credit clamped' for six years by this nasty bunch of cowboys, or getting a default CCJ for £300 sent to an old address deliberately after years of silence, and losing a house purchase over it, is far worse than being clamped then released for £75.

Last edited by Coupon-mad; 22-07-2017 at 12:20 AM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• steve1500
    • By steve1500 22nd Jul 17, 4:00 PM
    • 960 Posts
    • 627 Thanks
    steve1500
    Not that they completely ignore planning permission
    Private Parking Tickets is my way of telling the wife to use her car and not mine
    • Ryandavis1959
    • By Ryandavis1959 23rd Jul 17, 5:31 PM
    • 139 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    Ryandavis1959
    Some action at last:

This Private Member's Bill has Government and cross-party support, and stands a good chance of making it into statute.

The full text of the clauses will be published nearer the date of the second reading, but my sources tell me it's something we should support.

Originally posted by bargepole
    Isn't this just legitimising the whole scheme though? I note it doesn't mention about banning DVLA selling data, about banning private parking firms from being able to issue charges. And also no mention of whether this will apply to Scotland (I assume it won't).

If it introduces a code of practice into legislation then private parking is here to stay!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 23rd Jul 17, 5:34 PM
    • 51,452 Posts
    • 65,047 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    It's here to stay anyway, and legislation is the only way to rein them in.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 24th Jul 17, 7:12 PM
    • 51,452 Posts
    • 65,047 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Some action at last:

Also calling for people to give to the Nurses' cause to APPEAL the case in Wales (the money is not to pay up).

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5680280

• The Deep
    • By The Deep 24th Jul 17, 7:18 PM
    • 7,375 Posts
    • 6,421 Thanks
    The Deep
    Why should the DVLC be banned from selling data?

You would not believe how many scumbags use my private parking space to save a few quid on the multi story car park 30 yards away.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • nigelbb
    • By nigelbb 25th Jul 17, 11:54 AM
    • 1,936 Posts
    • 2,690 Thanks
    nigelbb
    Why should the DVLC be banned from selling data?

You would not believe how many scumbags use my private parking space to save a few quid on the multi story car park 30 yards away.
    Originally posted by The Deep
    Have you considered a locking parking post?
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 25th Jul 17, 12:16 PM
    • 7,375 Posts
    • 6,421 Thanks
    The Deep
    Indeed We put one up but the tenants do not like it and leave it down.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 31st Jul 17, 7:38 PM
    • 6,330 Posts
    • 8,140 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Guess Theresa May told porkies to the Daily Mail

"Theresa May has pledged to root out abuse of county court judgments following a Daily Mail investigation."
    Last edited by beamerguy; 31-07-2017 at 7:42 PM.

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • fil cad
    • By fil cad 31st Jul 17, 8:37 PM
    • 753 Posts
    • 599 Thanks
    fil cad
    Pure tory propaganda
    PPCs say its carpark management, BPA say its raising standards..... we all know its just about raking in the revenue.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 17th Aug 17, 9:15 AM
    • 6,330 Posts
    • 8,140 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Theresa May still fast asleep

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 31st Aug 17, 11:06 PM
    • 6,330 Posts
    • 8,140 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Why did Theresa May lie about her interest in these CCJ's

THE WOMAN HAS DONE NOTHING

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • bargepole
    • By bargepole 31st Aug 17, 11:21 PM
    • 2,140 Posts
    • 6,185 Thanks
    bargepole
    Why did Theresa May lie about her interest in these CCJ's
    Originally posted by beamerguy
    I do wish people would check the facts before making sweeping statements.

The following comes into effect on 1 October: https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/pdf/protocols/pre-action-protocol-for-debt-claims.pdf

This follows extensive consultation with various parties (you might guess the identity of some, I couldn't possibly comment, and nor could the Prankster), and the MoJ were under direct instructions from No.10 to get this sorted.

What it will do, is to throw a very large spanner into the works of the robo-claim production lines of the likes of Gladstones, BW Legal etc, because there are now a load of hoops to jump through before claims can be issued. It will also affect bulk debt purchasers such as Lowell Portfolio.

The wheels of Government do grind slowly, but they keep on grinding.
    Speeding cases fought: 24 (3 of mine, 21 for others). Cases won: 20. Points on licence: 0. Private Parking Court Cases: Won 29. Lost 9.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 31st Aug 17, 11:47 PM
    • 16,483 Posts
    • 20,640 Thanks
    Redx
    looks good as far as setting out the rules and having proper forms to go back and forth

doesnt mention anything about checking for an up to date address before sending out the forms , so it could go to an old address like now and not be seen for over 30 days or more anyway

unless there will be some sort of system that ensures they have identified the correct address for the alleged debtor ?

but a vast improvement on what goes on now and only less than 5 weeks to go

so thanks for the link and the heads up
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 1st Sep 17, 5:09 AM
    • 7,635 Posts
    • 7,884 Thanks
    pappa golf
    I thought she stated that she was going to bring an end to "crefit clamping", where the person was taken to court in there absence , and found out about a CCJ much later

I see she has addressed this rather well (or not)

• beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 1st Sep 17, 8:54 AM
    • 6,330 Posts
    • 8,140 Thanks
    beamerguy
    I do wish people would check the facts before making sweeping statements.

The following comes into effect on 1 October: https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/pdf/protocols/pre-action-protocol-for-debt-claims.pdf

This follows extensive consultation with various parties (you might guess the identity of some, I couldn't possibly comment, and nor could the Prankster), and the MoJ were under direct instructions from No.10 to get this sorted.

What it will do, is to throw a very large spanner into the works of the robo-claim production lines of the likes of Gladstones, BW Legal etc, because there are now a load of hoops to jump through before claims can be issued. It will also affect bulk debt purchasers such as Lowell Portfolio.

The wheels of Government do grind slowly, but they keep on grinding.
    Thanks bargepole and something the majority did not
    have a clue about unfortunately otherwise comments
    would cease !!

Redx has a good point saying ....
    "doesnt mention anything about checking for an up to date address before sending out the forms , so it could go to an old address like now and not be seen for over 30 days or more anyway"

3.4 If the debtor does not reply to the Letter of Claim within 30 days of the date at the top of the letter, the creditor may start court proceedings, subject to any
    remaining obligations the creditor may have to the debtor (for example, under
    the Financial Conduct Authority’s Handbook). Account should be taken of the
    possibility that a reply was posted towards the end of the 30-day period.

And that's what this CCJ problem is all about .... not knowing about
    a Letter of claim in the first place ?

So probably the robo-claims bunch will have a field day
    for the next month now
    Last edited by beamerguy; 01-09-2017 at 9:02 AM.

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Computersaysno
    • By Computersaysno 1st Sep 17, 11:46 AM
    • 806 Posts
    • 604 Thanks
    Computersaysno
    Thanks bargepole and something the majority did not
    have a clue about unfortunately otherwise comments
    would cease !!

Redx has a good point saying ....
    "doesnt mention anything about checking for an up to date address before sending out the forms , so it could go to an old address like now and not be seen for over 30 days or more anyway"

3.4 If the debtor does not reply to the Letter of Claim within 30 days of the date at the top of the letter, the creditor may start court proceedings, subject to any
    remaining obligations the creditor may have to the debtor (for example, under
    the Financial Conduct Authority’s Handbook). Account should be taken of the
    possibility that a reply was posted towards the end of the 30-day period.

And that's what this CCJ problem is all about .... not knowing about
    a Letter of claim in the first place ?

So probably the robo-claims bunch will have a field day
    for the next month now
    Originally posted by beamerguy

This does NOTHING to address the 'debtor not at this address' issue??? Which was one of the big issues leading to many set asides and thereby wasting court time.

Or am I missing something?
    Welcome to the world of 'Protect the brand at the cost of free speech'
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,971Posts Today

7,007Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin