Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 13th Sep 16, 9:35 AM
    • 5,530Posts
    • 7,113Thanks
    beamerguy
    *Mrs May >> Wake up the DCLG with their "shortly rubbish" and stop the scam and CCJ's
    • 13th Sep 16, 9:35 AM
    *Mrs May >> Wake up the DCLG with their "shortly rubbish" and stop the scam and CCJ's 13th Sep 16 at 9:35 AM
    Whatever you think about Brexit or the landslide win by Donald Trump, it is clear the people no longer accept the establishment and just as Trump has whooped the establishment, Mrs May will probably be next unless she gets her ministers in order and indeed her own act in order ...... just try a general election Theresa ???

Theresa May has pledged to root out abuse of county court judgments following a Daily Mail investigation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3786132/I-ll-end-credit-rating-scandal-pledges-PM-acts-Mail-exposes-rulings-ruined-lives.html

Is Mrs May really up to the job ??
    Last edited by beamerguy; 12-12-2016 at 5:40 PM. Reason: ?
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Page 16
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 10th Jul 17, 10:08 AM
    • 5,530 Posts
    • 7,113 Thanks
    beamerguy
    It is the heat UMKO 27 at 7am with 70%+ humidity.

Also, seeing how different countries tackle parking. Here in Spain the council has cleared masses of unbuilt land a few minutes walk

If you want tyo park closer to the beach the cost is 60 cents an hour. If you bilk or overstay you get fined €3.00 which you can pay at the meter.

They seem to be under the impression that free parking encourages people to spend that money at the bars and restaurants. Dunny people these furriners.
    Originally posted by The Deep
    We could live with that

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 11th Jul 17, 5:15 PM
    • 5,530 Posts
    • 7,113 Thanks
    beamerguy
    As Vince Cable has returned, add him to your complaints list

Vince Cable MP
    vince.cable.mp@parliament.uk

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • bargepole
    • By bargepole 21st Jul 17, 11:27 AM
    • 1,981 Posts
    • 5,608 Thanks
    bargepole
    Some action at last:

http://services.parliament.uk/bills/2017-19/parkingcodeofpractice.html

This Private Member's Bill has Government and cross-party support, and stands a good chance of making it into statute.

The full text of the clauses will be published nearer the date of the second reading, but my sources tell me it's something we should support.

Now would be a good time to write to your MP urging them to support it.
    Speeding cases fought: 24 (3 of mine, 21 for others). Cases won: 20. Points on licence: 0. Private Parking Court Cases: Won 25. Lost 7.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd Jul 17, 12:15 AM
    • 48,322 Posts
    • 61,785 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes, especially if anyone here has a tale to tell about a fake PCN...oh wait...we all do - even those who haven't had one themselves, have a friend who has been ripped off, or have read about a real eye-opener of a scam (or a hundred) just by being here.

Everyone reading this, please take time to write to your MP now. NOW. Please...

Tell them how you suffered and how this situation is worse than clamping was, as people are held to ransom for double or even triple the ''parking charge'', sometimes escalating from an already exorbitant £100, up to £300 for no reason whatsoever.

Being 'credit clamped' for six years by this nasty bunch of cowboys, or getting a default CCJ for £300 sent to an old address deliberately after years of silence, and losing a house purchase over it, is far worse than being clamped then released for £75.

Last edited by Coupon-mad; 22-07-2017 at 12:20 AM.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• steve1500
    • By steve1500 22nd Jul 17, 4:00 PM
    • 933 Posts
    • 619 Thanks
    steve1500
    Not that they completely ignore planning permission
    Private Parking Tickets is my way of telling the wife to use her car and not mine
    • Ryandavis1959
    • By Ryandavis1959 23rd Jul 17, 5:31 PM
    • 57 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Ryandavis1959
    Some action at last:

This Private Member's Bill has Government and cross-party support, and stands a good chance of making it into statute.

The full text of the clauses will be published nearer the date of the second reading, but my sources tell me it's something we should support.

Originally posted by bargepole
    Isn't this just legitimising the whole scheme though? I note it doesn't mention about banning DVLA selling data, about banning private parking firms from being able to issue charges. And also no mention of whether this will apply to Scotland (I assume it won't).

If it introduces a code of practice into legislation then private parking is here to stay!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 23rd Jul 17, 5:34 PM
    • 48,322 Posts
    • 61,785 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    It's here to stay anyway, and legislation is the only way to rein them in.

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 24th Jul 17, 7:12 PM
    • 48,322 Posts
    • 61,785 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Some action at last:

Originally posted by bargepole

Also calling for people to give to the Nurses' cause to APPEAL the case in Wales (the money is not to pay up).

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5680280

• The Deep
    • By The Deep 24th Jul 17, 7:18 PM
    • 6,698 Posts
    • 5,700 Thanks
    The Deep
    Why should the DVLC be banned from selling data?

You would not believe how many scumbags use my private parking space to save a few quid on the multi story car park 30 yards away.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • nigelbb
    • By nigelbb 25th Jul 17, 11:54 AM
    • 1,922 Posts
    • 2,676 Thanks
    nigelbb
    Why should the DVLC be banned from selling data?

You would not believe how many scumbags use my private parking space to save a few quid on the multi story car park 30 yards away.
    Originally posted by The Deep
    Have you considered a locking parking post?
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 25th Jul 17, 12:16 PM
    • 6,698 Posts
    • 5,700 Thanks
    The Deep
    Indeed We put one up but the tenants do not like it and leave it down.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

219Posts Today

1,485Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin