Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 13th Sep 16, 9:35 AM
    • 6,470Posts
    • 8,296Thanks
    beamerguy
    *Mrs May >> Wake up the DCLG with their "shortly rubbish" and stop the scam and CCJ's
    • 13th Sep 16, 9:35 AM
    *Mrs May >> Wake up the DCLG with their "shortly rubbish" and stop the scam and CCJ's 13th Sep 16 at 9:35 AM
    Whatever you think about Brexit or the landslide win by Donald Trump, it is clear the people no longer accept the establishment and just as Trump has whooped the establishment, Mrs May will probably be next unless she gets her ministers in order and indeed her own act in order ...... just try a general election Theresa ???

Theresa May has pledged to root out abuse of county court judgments following a Daily Mail investigation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3786132/I-ll-end-credit-rating-scandal-pledges-PM-acts-Mail-exposes-rulings-ruined-lives.html

Is Mrs May really up to the job ??
    Last edited by beamerguy; 12-12-2016 at 5:40 PM. Reason: ?
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Page 14
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 23rd Dec 16, 10:09 AM
    • 7,739 Posts
    • 8,010 Thanks
    pappa golf
    and in the news today

santa will be delivering a copy of the POFa2012 to POPLa over the xmas period , a special edition (with pictures) has been printed

https://popla.co.uk/
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 23rd Dec 16, 11:45 AM
    • 7,739 Posts
    • 8,010 Thanks
    pappa golf
    PS , a consultation was underway 3 mths ago , the article published on the 12 th september says

"The Prime Minister’s spokesman said: ‘There is an investigation now under way. We have a strong legal system and it is important that it cannot be abused. That is why the Ministry of Justice is now taking work to look into the specific issue around CCJs.’

so is this a second consultation , or a rehash of an old story
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 23rd Dec 16, 11:54 AM
    • 15,927 Posts
    • 24,710 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    so is this a second consultation , or a rehash of an old story
    The Labour Government used to call it 'spin'!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 23rd Dec 16, 11:56 AM
    • 7,739 Posts
    • 8,010 Thanks
    pappa golf
    the DM thought people had forgotten what they wrote 3 mths ago , so is it a second consultation or a load of %^%^icks reporting

answers on chip wrappers please
    • Grimble
    • By Grimble 23rd Dec 16, 6:50 PM
    • 393 Posts
    • 476 Thanks
    Grimble
    https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-measures-to-protect-consumers-from-debt-claims
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 23rd Dec 16, 6:59 PM
    • 7,739 Posts
    • 8,010 Thanks
    pappa golf
    however

"The Prime Minister’s spokesman said: ‘There is an investigation now under way. We have a strong legal system and it is important that it cannot be abused. That is why the Ministry of Justice is now taking work to look into the specific issue around CCJs.’

dated 12th september
    • Castle
    • By Castle 24th Dec 16, 1:04 PM
    • 1,307 Posts
    • 1,698 Thanks
    Castle
    Just in case some people missed the very last paragraph of that release:-
    "And the Department for Communities and Local Government will be taking further steps in due course to tackle poor practice by private parking companies"
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 24th Dec 16, 3:28 PM
    • 11,559 Posts
    • 15,158 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    According to the Sunday Express something is moving in government circles about the CCJ's being issued without the recipient's knowledge.
    We can only hope this is the start of something big re the PPC's.
    Originally posted by mowkid
    The movement will be civil servants running around panicking like headless chickens as their masters won't want to end the gravy train with the BPA, DVLA, IPC and all the PPCs - after all the latter are businesses, so pay all those lovely corporate taxes to the Treasury...
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?
    Married to an immigrant.
    Even my PC is nicknamed "GIBBS".
    • peter_the_piper
    • By peter_the_piper 24th Dec 16, 3:58 PM
    • 26,227 Posts
    • 33,297 Thanks
    peter_the_piper
    The movement will be civil servants running around panicking like headless chickens as their masters won't want to end the gravy train with the BPA, DVLA, IPC and all the PPCs - after all the latter are businesses, so pay all those lovely corporate taxes to the Treasury...
    Originally posted by MothballsWallet
    Unless they have very good accountants,I expect they use PE as a loss that's why all the court cases.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 24th Dec 16, 3:59 PM
    • 11,559 Posts
    • 15,158 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    Unless they have very good accountants,I expect they use PE as a loss that's why all the court cases.
    Originally posted by peter_the_piper
    Tbh, I'm doubting Theresa May gives a damn about ordinary people in this country, unless they wave a load of money in her direction and put it into the Tory party's coffers as a donation.
    Married to an immigrant.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 24th Dec 16, 4:29 PM
    • 6,470 Posts
    • 8,296 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Just in case some people missed the very last paragraph of that release:-
    "And the Department for Communities and Local Government will be taking further steps in due course to tackle poor practice by private parking companies"
    Originally posted by Castle
    I saw that as well. the words "due course" is just like a fractious old tart.

Mrs May is struggling to unite her fractious kingdom

Either the DCLG are in bed with the scammers or they act for Mrs May's new government.

It's all hush hush but Mrs May has promised a fair society, she seriously needs a strong word into the shell like ears of the DCLG
    and in particular the lagger ..... MARCUS JONES MP
    Last edited by beamerguy; 24-12-2016 at 4:32 PM.

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 25th Dec 16, 2:30 PM
    • 11,559 Posts
    • 15,158 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    I saw that as well. the words "due course" is just like a fractious old tart.

Mrs May is struggling to unite her fractious kingdom

Either the DCLG are in bed with the scammers or they act for Mrs May's new government.

It's all hush hush but Mrs May has promised a fair society, she seriously needs a strong word into the shell like ears of the DCLG
    and in particular the lagger ..... MARCUS JONES MP
    Originally posted by beamerguy
    "In due course", imo, is a get out clause for any politician, civil servant, quango person or corporate type wanting to avoid having to do anything at all when something is brought to their attention.
    Married to an immigrant.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 28th Jan 17, 10:28 AM
    • 6,470 Posts
    • 8,296 Thanks
    beamerguy
    IS THERESA MAY FAILING AGAN

Despite all the bluster about CCJ's being issued without the defendants knowledge, it is still going on

RECENT POSTING ON HERE
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5593231

This not rocket science, it is up to Elizabeth Truss MP who is the Secretary of State for Justice to instruct the courts to be more vigilant before allowing a default case and requesting proof beyond doubt from the claimant that they attempted to trace that person.

When it comes to the so called "special relationship" Mrs May has been going on about, she should practice this on home soil and get a "special relationship" with UK voters .

And there we have it .... Prime Minister May and President Trump walking off into the sunset holding hands

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 18th Apr 17, 5:56 PM
    • 3,877 Posts
    • 5,464 Thanks
    Half_way
    With the announcement of a General Erection by Mrs May it looks like any so called investigation will be kicked into the long grass for ever
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • Myriddin
    • By Myriddin 18th Apr 17, 6:35 PM
    • 199 Posts
    • 384 Thanks
    Myriddin
    The Government announced their intention to ban wheel clamping in 2010 and the issue was probably bounced around various committees for a couple of years before that:
    https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-announces-ban-on-wheel-clamping

And then it took 2 years to implement:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protection_of_Freedoms_Act_2012

These things are never to be rushed so I expect we'll see something positive happen in 2020!
    'People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.' Wizard's first rule © Terry Goodkind.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 18th Apr 17, 7:03 PM
    • 7,422 Posts
    • 6,472 Thanks
    The Deep
    Now would be a good time to write to ones' M.P.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 18th Apr 17, 9:20 PM
    • 6,470 Posts
    • 8,296 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Originally posted by The Deep
    Agreed, it is the perfect time to wake up your MP with a clue of your intentions.

I think voters will vote from the affect this government is having on their lives

Let us hope that Marcus Jones MP loses his "erection"

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Aaron Aadvark
    • By Aaron Aadvark 18th Apr 17, 10:06 PM
    • 231 Posts
    • 409 Thanks
    Aaron Aadvark
    Originally posted by The Deep
    Be quick if you wish to write to your MP.

Soon they will probably be your Parliamentary Candidate.
    Last edited by Aaron Aadvark; 18-04-2017 at 10:13 PM.
    Je suis Charlie
    • fil cad
    • By fil cad 19th Apr 17, 8:54 PM
    • 753 Posts
    • 599 Thanks
    fil cad
    They will all give you waffle and just brush it under the carpet.
    PPCs say its carpark management, BPA say its raising standards..... we all know its just about raking in the revenue.
    • steve1500
    • By steve1500 8th Jun 17, 8:37 AM
    • 964 Posts
    • 628 Thanks
    steve1500
    Just thought I'd bounce this promise back to the top.

How many times have I said we are not having a General election

Really believe you Mrs May
    Private Parking Tickets is my way of telling the wife to use her car and not mine
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

253Posts Today

1,508Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Nice debating with (all but the rude ones) of you. Bedtime for me now. Goodnight #bbcqt

• RT @kevmthomas: @MartinSLewis It was a comment you made about the referendum being a binary choice on a non binary issue that helped me rea?

• To clarify this. Cameron's gamble that having a stark vote'd mean his team won. He gambled wrong (that's not a stat? https://t.co/NSCT3aKvGS

• Follow Martin