Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 13th Sep 16, 9:35 AM
    • 4,150Posts
    • 4,774Thanks
    beamerguy
    KNOCK KNOCK Mrs May, anyone at home ??? what are you doing about these CCJ's
    • 13th Sep 16, 9:35 AM
    KNOCK KNOCK Mrs May, anyone at home ??? what are you doing about these CCJ's 13th Sep 16 at 9:35 AM
    Whatever you think about Brexit or the landslide win by Donald Trump, it is clear the people no longer accept the establishment and just as Trump has whooped the establishment, Mrs May will probably be next unless she gets her ministers in order and indeed her own act in order ...... just try a general election Theresa ???

Theresa May has pledged to root out abuse of county court judgments following a Daily Mail investigation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3786132/I-ll-end-credit-rating-scandal-pledges-PM-acts-Mail-exposes-rulings-ruined-lives.html
    Last edited by beamerguy; 09-11-2016 at 7:31 PM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Page 10
    • Tawny_Owl
    • By Tawny_Owl 14th Oct 16, 2:42 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    Tawny_Owl
    Looking through the links that you have all posted - Many Thanks for these - it's increasingly looking like a national scandal is happening here. Money is changing hands through a chain, starting with the DVLA. And the DVLA is accountable to HM Government.
    The huge numbers involved suggest I'm not the only motorist involved in the shambles. There must be so many motorists much much more vulnerable than myself.
    I'm going to get writing as suggested, including letters to politicians. Some 'divine intervention' is definitely needed from HM Government.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 14th Oct 16, 2:56 PM
    • 4,150 Posts
    • 4,774 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Looking through the links that you have all posted - Many Thanks for these - it's increasingly looking like a national scandal is happening here. Money is changing hands through a chain, starting with the DVLA. And the DVLA is accountable to HM Government.
    The huge numbers involved suggest I'm not the only motorist involved in the shambles. There must be so many motorists much much more vulnerable than myself.
    I'm going to get writing as suggested, including letters to politicians. Some 'divine intervention' is definitely needed from HM Government.
    Originally posted by Tawny_Owl
    The more letters received by the PM, the better.
    BUT .... ponder this, the finger must be pointed at the DCLG
    Department for Communities and Local Government

They have been dragging their heals, probably doing a deal with the BPA,
    All that money passing through the wrong hands. ??

This is not rocket science but it seems to be a severe problem for the DCLG ??

Include the DCLG in your complaint
    highstreets@communities.gsi.gov.uk

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • mowkid
    • By mowkid 14th Oct 16, 4:23 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 84 Thanks
    mowkid
    I sent an email to Mrs May about three weeks ago. Just got a reply from a "gofor" saying that Mrs May appreciates my contacting her (likely story) and has passed the email to the Dept of Transport.
    My MP SIR Allan Duncan never even replied.
    Ah well, I did try but Sir Humphrey wins again I suppose.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 14th Oct 16, 4:31 PM
    • 1,013 Posts
    • 921 Thanks
    DoaM
    The advice is to send a physical letter accompanied by physical copies of documents ... an email goes "ping" and can be easily brushed aside; a package goes "thump".
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 14th Oct 16, 4:33 PM
    • 4,150 Posts
    • 4,774 Thanks
    beamerguy
    I sent an email to Mrs May about three weeks ago. Just got a reply from a "gofor" saying that Mrs May appreciates my contacting her (likely story) and has passed the email to the Dept of Transport.
    My MP SIR Allan Duncan never even replied.
    Ah well, I did try but Sir Humphrey wins again I suppose.
    Originally posted by mowkid
    You do not stop there ..... write to Mrs May again saying how disappointed you are with her response. Ask her for a personal reply to explain why her government allows this huge scam

SIR Allan Duncan is also known as Sir Humphrey and should wake his ideas up, he is indeed a very bad MP who is letting Mrs May down.

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Oct 16, 5:35 PM
    • 40,623 Posts
    • 52,493 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Bump - reminding people and telling NEWBIES, a template MP/Mrs May/Mr Corbyn complaint is here:

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/211923909-Why-not-write-to-your-MP

The more the better, write it yourself if you are able and enclose copies of the threatograms and rubbish thrown at you.

And to show more people, Carthesis' effort sent to his MP this week:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=71396050#post71396050

Now is the moment to strike while this iron is hot. Write your own version if you prefer, attaching copies of the rubbish thrown at you by the parking firm and telling your MP how awful the entire industry is, 'credit clamping' people with CCJs issued to old addresses from years ago, or now upping the ante and using & abusing the (entirely different and unusual) Supreme Court 'Beavis case' and abusing MCOL to scare victims into paying 3 figure sums, just like clampers used to extort.

Even if you do not have a court claim yet but just a PCN or debt letters, write to your MP this week - and send a copy to Mrs May, snail mail, so the post thumps on a desk.

Demand to know why the British public are being held to ransom like this by an 'industry' which operates on the very edge of the law yet they got the 'seal of approval' from seemingly out of touch Supreme Court Judges in the shocking decision handed down in National Consumers' week (Nov 2015) in the ParkingEye v Beavis case. This widely-perceived insult to the British public (which shocked the Consumers' Association who had supported Mr Beavis) came in the same parliamentary session as the Consumer Rights Act was enacted.

Something is wrong somewhere when the so-called 'Protection of Freedoms' Act 2012' incorporated a change in law to grant keeper liability to a motley crew of ex-clamper thugs, giving carte blanche for this despicable 'profession' to sue people for six years, whether they were even driving the vehicle or not.

Something is wrong somewhere when the likes of Excel and VCS can use 'BW Legal' to issue tens of thousands of robo-claims with (it seems, allegedly) no scrutiny whatsoever, such that the SRA has been inundated with complaints from registered keepers whose 'PCN' is old/unfair/not their liability and very often statute-barred or pre-POFA, where the person being harassed cannot possibly be liable.

Something is wrong somewhere when Gladstones solicitors (Directors: John Davies and William Hurley) are also issuing automatic templated 'copy & paste' claims for 'pocket money' cost via MCOL, allegedly (it seems) without due regard to liability and in many cases, not even served to the current address of the victim. Yet these are the same people (John Davies and William Hurley) who run the Trade Body the IPC and provide the so-called 'ADR' which is the joke of those bloggers who comment on this matter. An IPC parking operator was exposed as describing an appellant as 'futilely going through the motions' (Parking Prankster Blog exposes that email and the 'kangaroo court' bizarre decisions which bear all the hallmarks of bias towards a PPC, twisting contract law so the onus falls on the appellant consumer to evidence their case rather than the claimant, yet the IAS do not even name the Assessor).

Something is wrong somewhere when Capita-owned ParkingEye is suing thousands of people (including disabled and elderly drivers who they fail to identify at all) for heinous crimes such as taking a rest at Motorway Services or visiting a Supermarket or even a Hospital (in the latter case, incentivised by the money gained from nothing but PCNs, in direct contravention of the NHS parking principles). These 'ANPR secret camera' companies make their money from penalties yet do not even check disabled bays or assist people to park, nor do they often even calculate parking time based on the times on a P&D ticket as an ordinary man would expect, ANPR being somewhat seriously flawed technology, not even authorised for Councils to use, yet private firms do.

Something is wrong somewhere when 50,000 court claims were started by private parking firms last year, compared to under 900 in 2011 - yet 'reducing the burden on the courts' was the BPA 'excuse' for lobbying for keeper liability. They got what they wished for - keeper liability but based on what exactly...? The Ministry of Justice can confirm the figures, the industry's greed is out of control and 'credit clamping' (CCJs - money for old rope) is far worse than car clamping was.

Something is wrong somewhere when the DVLA hand out keeper data like candy for £2.50 (at a loss - funded by the taxpayer) and allege when they get any complaint (while sweeping it under the very high carpet) that any policing of these firms falls to the BPA and IPC. Yet when a consumer complains to those ATAs, the IPC ignores the person and the BPA spits 'we are not a regulator'. However that's exactly what the BPA like the Government to assume they are. This from the Plain Language Commission: "The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• fil cad
    • By fil cad 14th Oct 16, 8:15 PM
    • 721 Posts
    • 546 Thanks
    fil cad
    Spot on CM.
    NEVER EVER PAY A PRIVATE PARKING CHARGE! And help the PPCs go bankrupt ASAP, second thoughts pay them in full with toy cash.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 15th Oct 16, 11:40 AM
    • 4,150 Posts
    • 4,774 Thanks
    beamerguy
    As said the BPA are a totally useless organisation and Patrick Troy runs it ..... that must tell everyone.

The IPC are simply the dregs of the scam

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • mowkid
    • By mowkid 16th Oct 16, 12:00 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 84 Thanks
    mowkid
    According to the Sunday Express something is moving in government circles about the CCJ's being issued without the recipient's knowledge.
    We can only hope this is the start of something big re the PPC's.
    • trisontana
    • By trisontana 16th Oct 16, 12:20 PM
    • 8,861 Posts
    • 13,442 Thanks
    trisontana
    According to the Sunday Express something is moving in government circles about the CCJ's being issued without the recipient's knowledge.

This is the article:-
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/721587/Crackdown-abuse-debt-laws-recovery-agencies
    How much this is a rehash of Daily Mail articles I cannot comment on!
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 16th Oct 16, 12:28 PM
    • 4,150 Posts
    • 4,774 Thanks
    beamerguy
    But the article says ..
    "Debt recovery agencies face crackdown to halt abuse of laws"

In the parking industry it is the Parking Eye mobsters and other DIY in court companies to include the likes of BWLegal, Gladstones, Wright Hassall and Miah who go for the CCJ's acting as sollcitors
    Let's hope the government have not missed this. Every chance a judge will

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Ivor Pecheque
    • By Ivor Pecheque 16th Oct 16, 7:12 PM
    • 685 Posts
    • 1,251 Thanks
    Ivor Pecheque
    http://dailym.ai/2eurzSL
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    • trisontana
    • By trisontana 16th Oct 16, 7:54 PM
    • 8,861 Posts
    • 13,442 Thanks
    trisontana
    What the above DM article doesn't try to explain is the two aspects of parking charges. The first is the actual fee you have to pay to park . The second is the fake fines imposed by various PPCs.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 16th Oct 16, 9:06 PM
    • 4,150 Posts
    • 4,774 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Originally posted by Ivor Pecheque
    Jeremy Hunt and his rubbish, bad choice by Theresa May.

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 17th Oct 16, 10:24 AM
    • 4,150 Posts
    • 4,774 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Knock knock mrs may ????

Anyone at home ??

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 17th Oct 16, 10:31 AM
    • 5,446 Posts
    • 4,968 Thanks
    pappa golf
    Originally posted by Ivor Pecheque

parking is free in Scottish hospital, says the daily mail
    Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
    • nigelbb
    • By nigelbb 17th Oct 16, 4:29 PM
    • 1,844 Posts
    • 2,513 Thanks
    nigelbb
    parking is free in Scottish hospital, says the daily mail
    Originally posted by pappa golf
    Like Wales in general parking at hospitals in Scotland is free apart from a handful of PFI hospitals.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Oct 16, 8:32 PM
    • 40,623 Posts
    • 52,493 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    This is a campaign of asking people to keep sending Theresa May actual hard copies of the trash they've been deluged with. Let her advisers' desks overflow with annoying paperwork re PPCs.

No emails, all letters from genuine people pouring their hearts out. Write to your MP as well as Mrs May:

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/211923909-Why-not-write-to-your-MP

The more the better, write it yourself if you are able and enclose copies of the threatograms and rubbish thrown at you.

Do not do this by email - make your paperwork land with a thump on desks, just like it all landed in a very unwelcome way on your doormat.

Apparently the DCLG are looking to make an announcement before the year end so let's make MP's and Mrs May aware that action needs to be strong. You can be sure that the BPA and IPC suits are lobbying Parliament and meeting their friends in suits.

So let the consumers' voices be heard.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 18th Oct 16, 1:06 PM
    • 36,481 Posts
    • 73,324 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Bump.

Because it needs doing
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • pugger
    • By pugger 18th Oct 16, 4:20 PM
    • 138 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    pugger
    Are people writing to Theresa at No.10 or is there another address? I've just wrote to my MP.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,211Posts Today

6,523Users online

Martin's Twitter