Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Justiceforme
    • By Justiceforme 13th Sep 16, 12:03 AM
    • 114Posts
    • 21Thanks
    Justiceforme
    Bank & Clients Notice Accounts
    • 13th Sep 16, 12:03 AM
    Bank & Clients Notice Accounts 13th Sep 16 at 12:03 AM
    Hi, has anybody had dealings with the above bank. They seem to be offering higher interest rates on 3, 6, 12 month notice accounts.
    I can't find anything related to this bank on Martin Lewis site. with many thanks. Although I have found from my own research many accounts are not mentioned on this site.
Page 1
    • FOREVER21
    • By FOREVER21 13th Sep 16, 6:38 PM
    • 1,354 Posts
    • 868 Thanks
    FOREVER21
    • 13th Sep 16, 6:38 PM
    • 13th Sep 16, 6:38 PM
    I have not had an account with them but I did send them an email,asking some questions about their 6 months notice account.
    They replied very quickly with the answer and included PDFs for application forms and the t&cs.
    Their interest rates are good but I wonder if like many other banks, they might be under review, interestingly I asked if they were under review but they did not reply to that point.
    They are covered by the FSCS, so secure enough, I am still considering them but put off a bit with not having online access.
    • Justiceforme
    • By Justiceforme 15th Sep 16, 10:09 AM
    • 114 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    Justiceforme
    • 15th Sep 16, 10:09 AM
    Bank & Clients
    • 15th Sep 16, 10:09 AM
    Thanks for reply. I also received the same pdf documents from them. The rates do seem a bit better than most, however nobody on this else seems has offered further info on this bank. So like you I'm very cautious and contact seems very limited. Will wait a see.

Cheers
    • moneyfoolish
    • By moneyfoolish 15th Sep 16, 5:56 PM
    • 345 Posts
    • 233 Thanks
    moneyfoolish
    • 15th Sep 16, 5:56 PM
    • 15th Sep 16, 5:56 PM
    When I first saw this post I checked on a reputable site I use called "Savings Champion" which holds details of all the "best buy" accounts and they were top in the "personal Notice Accounts" section with Charter Bank the second best at 1.38%. However, I've just looked again now and they've disappeared from the list so I'm assuming that they've had a big response and have now chopped the rate.
    • CJL
    • By CJL 22nd Sep 16, 10:45 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    CJL
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:45 PM
    Would not recommend
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:45 PM
    Personally, I would not recommend Charter Savings. They recently reduced the rate on a closed issue 120 day account, telling me by e-mail late in the day that it was happening that day. They gave no option to close the account because of the change of interest rate, nor did they give 120 days notice of the rate change. This is in contrast to other "challenger" banks such as Shawbrook, Aldermore, Paragon and Cambs & Counties, who all did one or other of these.

Their customer services team was completely confused by what they had done, initially saying that the account could be closed without notice within thirty days of the notification of the rate change, but they then back-tracked on that. They said that the closure within thirty days of the notification was with 120 days notice. But, that can be done, as of right, even after the 30 days?
    • By 2010 23rd Sep 16, 7:16 AM
    • 3,978 Posts
    • 3,196 Thanks
    • 23rd Sep 16, 7:16 AM
    • 23rd Sep 16, 7:16 AM
    The reason for no replies about Banks and Clients is probably "how do you open an account with them"?
    There are no links on their webpage so I assume you have to phone them.
    Most people can`t be bothered about all that hassle,they want to do it online instantly.

As for the above mentioned Charter Savings Bank, where I do have a notice account,when they cut the rate,it was permitted within their T&C,if anyone cared to read them.
    Charter an excellent bank as far as I`m concerned.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,234Posts Today

4,826Users online

Martin's Twitter