Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • everyday4u
    • By everyday4u 12th Sep 16, 9:56 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    everyday4u
    Parking ticket letter from Gladstones Solicitors
    • 12th Sep 16, 9:56 PM
    Parking ticket letter from Gladstones Solicitors 12th Sep 16 at 9:56 PM
    Hi, i received a parking ticket back in July 2015, from a company called Parking Ticketing ltd (private land company) i ignored to pay it and did not dispute the ticket.
    I then received letters from them asking for payment and ignored them, then received letters from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd threatening to take me to court if i did not pay but was advised from friends to ignore the letter, i have now received a letter from Gladstones Solicitors chasing the payment within 14 days but any dispute or payment should be made to Debt recovery plus ltd and not to contact gladstone solicitors direct.
    Please advise if anyone else is in this position and should i also ignore the letter as there client may instruct them to take legal action against me through the courts if payment is not made.
    Please Help,
    Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Sep 16, 12:26 AM
    • 40,372 Posts
    • 52,244 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Sep 16, 12:26 AM
    • 13th Sep 16, 12:26 AM
    Please advise if anyone else is in this position
    Yes, we have shedloads of people with Gladstones letters. Find the threads by searching the forum board for 'Gladstones letter'.

and should i also ignore the letter
    Even though it is asking for payment to Debt recovery plus and not to contact Gladstones solicitors direct, I believe in encouraging a robust reply to any solicitor's letter as it looks better at a hearing later on, should this proceed to a small claim (which you cannot ignore).
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• ajent_a
    • By ajent_a 14th Oct 16, 12:56 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ajent_a
    • 14th Oct 16, 12:56 PM
    • 14th Oct 16, 12:56 PM
    Dear coupon mad. are there any template letters to be sent to gladstones which we can use.

i am in a similar predicament where i got a ticket over a year ago which i challenged using the template from the newbies post. i then recieved numerous letters from drp and then some more pretending to be variuos other solicitos/legal firms. i have now recieved 2 letters from gladstones, initial letter saying i have to pay £150, second letter saying i have to pay £470.

none of these letters give the original date of parkng ticket nor any parking ticket number and appears to be sgned by a person called Gladstones Solicitors.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Oct 16, 1:06 PM
    • 40,372 Posts
    • 52,244 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 14th Oct 16, 1:06 PM
    • 14th Oct 16, 1:06 PM
    Start a new thread, tell the posters here if one 'letter' is an actual court claim or what the letter heading says.

Plenty of template examples by searching 'Gladstones letter' or if it is a Letter before Claim, search 'Gladstones LBCCC'.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 14th Oct 16, 1:08 PM
    • 10,960 Posts
    • 16,354 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 14th Oct 16, 1:08 PM
    • 14th Oct 16, 1:08 PM
    No templates, but do a forum search on 'Gladstones reply' (or similar) which will reveal many Gladstones cases. You might want to do a similar search on PePiPoo, use search term 'Gladstones Gan letter'. Gan is a knowledgeable contributor over there and writes excellent letters.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=60

From here on this thread belongs to everday4u, so if you want any further advice you will need your own thread, no more on this one.
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

237Posts Today

1,765Users online

Martin's Twitter