Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sash_berry
    • By sash_berry 12th Sep 16, 5:18 PM
    • 22Posts
    • 14Thanks
    sash_berry
    Anyone tried THE MORTGAGE LENDER - TML?
    • 12th Sep 16, 5:18 PM
    Anyone tried THE MORTGAGE LENDER - TML? 12th Sep 16 at 5:18 PM
    Hi,

Anyone tried or has any experience with THE MORTGAGE LENDER? They are quite new on the market and we are waiting for the answer from them as Precise refused to give us the mortgage.

Maybe someone dealt with them in the past?

Thanks
Page 1
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 12th Sep 16, 5:57 PM
    • 8,840 Posts
    • 3,360 Thanks
    amnblog
    • 12th Sep 16, 5:57 PM
    • 12th Sep 16, 5:57 PM
    No track record yet - you can let us know.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • sash_berry
    • By sash_berry 14th Sep 16, 4:27 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    sash_berry
    • 14th Sep 16, 4:27 PM
    • 14th Sep 16, 4:27 PM
    Ok amnblog,

We got kind of OK from them on 6.09. They asked for different docs and we are still waiting for the actual offer.
    Today they came back and asked to pay the fees what feels quite positive but not an actual answer yet.
    So waiting
    • sash_berry
    • By sash_berry 29th Sep 16, 11:19 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    sash_berry
    • 29th Sep 16, 11:19 AM
    • 29th Sep 16, 11:19 AM
    So 3 weeks in we have received confirmation that we have an offer with TML. We have already instructed valuation team to proceed.

My partner has very bad credit rating - 7 defaults for approx. 35k
    My credit rating is good, no CC, just one loan.
    Our salary is around 130-140k and deposit 25%

Precise refused to give us a mortgage where TML accepted.

So I recommend The Mortgage lender to customers with bad history
    • ap1985
    • By ap1985 29th Sep 16, 11:51 AM
    • 256 Posts
    • 101 Thanks
    ap1985
    • 29th Sep 16, 11:51 AM
    So 3 weeks in we have received confirmation that we have an offer with TML. We have already instructed valuation team to proceed.

My partner has very bad credit rating - 7 defaults for approx. 35k
    My credit rating is good, no CC, just one loan.
    Our salary is around 130-140k and deposit 25%

Precise refused to give us a mortgage where TML accepted.

So I recommend The Mortgage lender to customers with bad history
    Originally posted by sash_berry

Congratulations on the Mortgage offer
    • David White
    • By David White 29th Sep 16, 11:51 AM
    • 664 Posts
    • 291 Thanks
    David White
    Thanks for the updates, they're on my radar but I'm always a little cautious when a lender is so new.

Congratulations on the offer!
    I am a Mortgage Broker
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it.
    This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 29th Sep 16, 1:19 PM
    • 2,518 Posts
    • 1,563 Thanks
    csgohan4
    • 29th Sep 16, 1:19 PM
    • 29th Sep 16, 1:19 PM
    6.09, that's eye watering, but hammer the overpayments when you can so your in a better position come remortgage
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 29th Sep 16, 1:39 PM
    • 8,840 Posts
    • 3,360 Thanks
    amnblog
    • 29th Sep 16, 1:39 PM
    • 29th Sep 16, 1:39 PM
    6.09, that's eye watering
    Originally posted by csgohan4
    Not as eye watering of 35K of defaults.

Our poster is fortunate that there are now lenders coming back into the market for this kind of business.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • obay
    • By obay 29th Sep 16, 3:22 PM
    • 212 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    obay
    • 29th Sep 16, 3:22 PM
    • 29th Sep 16, 3:22 PM
    Not as eye watering of 35K of defaults.

Our poster is fortunate that there are now lenders coming back into the market for this kind of business.
    Originally posted by amnblog
    I suppose if they have that many defaults that the guy will default and thus have the house back to sell on...
    • sash_berry
    • By sash_berry 30th Sep 16, 9:43 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    sash_berry
    6.09 was September the 6th...not interest.

Interest is 5.57% so the same as Precise.
    Well some people have very problematic divorces and have to pay a lot of money to ex`s and lawyers so this is where all these defaults are coming from. Not from late or missed payments. It was easier to go through StepChange without any interest rather than pay all debts, CreditCards with the %.
    Ex got rid of all her CC and Store Cards, got a free house and Child maintenance for the kids that live with us now full time so its not just a standard situation with people failing to pay the monthly payment.
    I guess everyone deserves a second chance... but its easy to judge people, isnt is OBAY?

Thank you for support amnblog x
    Loan £6700.00
    ISA £3000
    SAVINGS £2100
    • ap1985
    • By ap1985 30th Sep 16, 9:51 AM
    • 256 Posts
    • 101 Thanks
    ap1985
    6.09 was September the 6th...not interest.

Interest is 5.57% so the same as Precise.
    Well some people have very problematic divorces and have to pay a lot of money to ex`s and lawyers so this is where all these defaults are coming from. Not from late or missed payments. It was easier to go through StepChange without any interest rather than pay all debts, CreditCards with the %.
    Ex got rid of all her CC and Store Cards, got a free house and Child maintenance for the kids that live with us now full time so its not just a standard situation with people failing to pay the monthly payment.
    I guess everyone deserves a second chance... but its easy to judge people, isnt is OBAY?

Thank you for support amnblog x
    #

Well said!
    • Dab122
    • By Dab122 1st Oct 16, 12:12 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dab122
    Hi, we got a BTL mortgage recently through TMW, process went fine. They are part off/linked to the Nationwide BS so got some good backing.

Our new correspondence address was already on the nationwide computer system when I went to a local branch to update our details
    • sash_berry
    • By sash_berry 10th Oct 16, 4:55 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    sash_berry
    Update:
    tomorrow will be 5 weeks since TML gave us AIP. Valuation came through last Wednesday for 310k as our price so everything is ok there. . Broker thinks official offer will come tomorrow. So it will be exactly 5 weeks + legal searches need to be done.

Slow process but I guess it is the standard timing.

Good luck everyone
    Loan £6700.00
    ISA £3000
    SAVINGS £2100
    • ap1985
    • By ap1985 10th Oct 16, 4:58 PM
    • 256 Posts
    • 101 Thanks
    ap1985
    Congratulations sash_berry
    • Rileybaby
    • By Rileybaby 10th Nov 16, 8:35 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Rileybaby
    Update:
    tomorrow will be 5 weeks since TML gave us AIP. Valuation came through last Wednesday for 310k as our price so everything is ok there. . Broker thinks official offer will come tomorrow. So it will be exactly 5 weeks + legal searches need to be done.

Good luck everyone

Just sent you a PM hope you don't mind.
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 10th Nov 16, 8:41 PM
    • 8,840 Posts
    • 3,360 Thanks
    amnblog
    Assuming you now have your offer as TML ar quoting seven working days to review a valuation?
    I am a Mortgage Broker

• sash_berry
    • By sash_berry 10th Nov 16, 9:25 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    sash_berry
    We received our offer just a bit mre than a week ago. It took them 7 weeks! But we are there finally. Well if they would be a simple bank I would never recommend them as they are digging really deep into your finance. But as we are the problematic client I guess its ouf fault these things are happening....
    But Yas finally we have an offer in written and all is good so far. Happy

Thank you and good luck all x
    Loan £6700.00
    ISA £3000
    SAVINGS £2100
    • Rileybaby
    • By Rileybaby 10th Nov 16, 9:59 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Rileybaby
    Update:

Good luck everyone

Just sent you a PM hope you don't mind.
    • Cjc5
    • By Cjc5 12th Nov 16, 8:22 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Cjc5
    Struggling to get mortgage
    Hi, anyone know why I may be struggling to get a mortgage? I have a 40% deposit, perfect credit (have checked Experian and Noddle), no arrears, missed payments or CCJ's, I am on the electoral role, I have had a (joint) mortgage in my current home for 6 years, and had no missed payments. This mortgage with be a house move - me and 2 children - just me on the mortgage. Any ideas? Thankyou, CJ
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,018Posts Today

7,141Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's not fair or accurate to assign all leave voters (nor remainers) one voice. The vote may have been binary but t? https://t.co/QMqKrfY1jv

• That's cos the UK voted for Brexit. The choice now unless something radical happens is what type. (Plus twitter o? https://t.co/SLmh2jL4bU

• Todays twitter poll: The lib dem leader says more people now want soft brexit (ie still in single market etc) than hard - what do you want?

• Follow Martin