Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gill33uk
    • By gill33uk 12th Sep 16, 11:29 AM
    • 54Posts
    • 15Thanks
    gill33uk
    Parking Eye - Appeal Process
    • 12th Sep 16, 11:29 AM
    Parking Eye - Appeal Process 12th Sep 16 at 11:29 AM
    Hi, I have received a fine of £100 for a 10 minute stay in a carpark in Peterborough run by ParkingEye, after pulling into the carpark I realised I didn't have my purse, I text my husband who confirmed I had left it at home and I left the carpark, to return home, no point going shopping without money! I stated in my appeal that I had not left the car and explained what happened, they refused my appeal as they do not have CCTV only camera's on entry and exit so its my word against theirs that I never got out of the car, I would like to appeal again, is there any point?
    Many thanks
Page 5
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jul 17, 2:19 PM
    • 48,185 Posts
    • 61,648 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Go for it - and take heart from the fact we've only seen one reported lost court defence on here, at all, in a year or more since more claims started to be made.

Look at what this poster's wife had to say about her day in court:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72822213#post72822213

Although she was very nervous before hand, the text she sent me after was "Done and dusted 10 mins it was ace". The judge also awarded £109 costs even though my wife couldn't find the cost schedule we had done.
    Your costs schedule gets filed to the Court and PE with your skeleton, a few days before the hearing (the WS and evidence supporting it, has to be filed earlier than that).
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• gill33uk
    • By gill33uk 13th Jul 17, 2:21 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    gill33uk
    That's lovely, hope for the same! I have found the minutes thank you and highlighting the relevant sections, will continue to work to build a solid defence I hope.
    • gill33uk
    • By gill33uk 17th Jul 17, 10:08 AM
    • 54 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    gill33uk
    So on Saturday I received a copy of PE's defence. They refer to ParkingEye v Beavis and provide a shortened version and a link to the full Judgement. When they get to our actual claim they state 'ParkingEye can confirm that we operate a grace period on sites which give motorists time to enter a car park, park, and establish whether or not they wish to be bound by the terms and conditions of parking. The grace periods are in line with that stipulated by the British Parking Association'.

In the BPA minutes from July 2015 section 7. Reference from panels it says 'Implications of the 10 minute grace period were discussed and the Board agreed with suggestion by AH that the clause should comply with DfT guidelines in the English book of by-laws to encourage a single standard. Board agreed that as the guidelines state that grace periods need to exceed 10 minutes clause 13.4 should be amended to reflect a mandatory 11 minute grace period.

That's good and in my favour?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 17th Jul 17, 12:35 PM
    • 13,586 Posts
    • 21,308 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    That's good and in my favour?
    I haven't read back over the thread, but if you're within the grace period timelines, then yes. Build that BPA statement into your court papers.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • gill33uk
    • By gill33uk 17th Jul 17, 12:50 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    gill33uk
    Hi, I was 10 minutes 48 seconds, I had left my purse at home so unable to pay or go shopping, in this time I was frantically searching for my phone and text my husband who confirmed it was at home.
    • gill33uk
    • By gill33uk 17th Jul 17, 2:20 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    gill33uk
    Reply to defence
    Apologies, it is a 'reply to defence', I assume in response to my skeleton defence
    • Hcuthbert
    • By Hcuthbert 17th Jul 17, 4:52 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Hcuthbert
    Hi I have received a parking ticket from parking eye in which I appealed using a template I found on here.

The appeal has been unsuccessful which I knew it would (I was lead to believe it is at this stage the appeal will win).

What do I do from here in regards to getting them to send a poplar appeal code? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 17th Jul 17, 4:55 PM
    • 13,586 Posts
    • 21,308 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Hi I have received a parking ticket from parking eye in which I appealed using a template I found on here.

The appeal has been unsuccessful which I knew it would (I was lead to believe it is at this stage the appeal will win).

What do I do from here in regards to getting them to send a poplar appeal code? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Originally posted by Hcuthbert
    You have just jumped in on someone else's personal thread, contrary to forum rules.

Please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #3 for information on appealing to POPLA. Any more advice needed, please start a new thread of your own.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • gill33uk
    • By gill33uk 17th Jul 17, 4:56 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    gill33uk
    If they turn down your appeal they should automatically send a plopa code, read the newbie thread
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,173Posts Today

4,892Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin