Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 11th Sep 16, 9:56 PM
    • 1,885Posts
    • 16,069Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    OS ways and Poor Health
    • 11th Sep 16, 9:56 PM
    OS ways and Poor Health 11th Sep 16 at 9:56 PM
    Earlier today I joined a very good new thread on getting back to old style ways . I managed to take it in another direction by mentioning how ill health can impact on doing everything the old style way . As this was off topic to the original post . I will be posting on the original topic but without going off in another direction
    This seems to happen a lot of the time across the threads as many old stylers do have to cope with this problem .
    Many moons ago PREPARE AT HOME began a lengthy thread on being os with health problems and there have been a couple of other threads over the years .
    I am wondering if the time is right for another thread on the subject with the proviso it is not offering advice on medical subjects as that is for the professionals . We all do many things day to day to minimise fatigue and pain and though they are little things we have developed them to cope and others may not be aware of how helpful the little changes can be .
    I would be interested to see if others would like to join such a thread . I am not very techie as you will gather from my rambling post and have never started a thread before - I hope this posts !
    polly
Page 77
    • 117pauline
    • By 117pauline 30th Dec 17, 10:30 PM
    • 526 Posts
    • 6,246 Thanks
    117pauline
    I hope everyone celebrated Christmas in just the way they wanted.

My doctor has changed my medication and I'm seeing her more often to monitor their effects. At least it makes me go out of the house.

I'm finding it very difficult to leave the house without terrible panic attacks. That, plus the fact my partner left with no warning a month ago which has completely thrown me.

However I am back setting small goals to achieve things and making small positive steps towards getting back into the world again. I've been out to get fruit, salad and yogurt. Just wish I'd remembered the bread!

I would just like to wish everyone a peaceful and fulfilling 2018. I don't often post although I enjoy keeping up with everyone's news.

Take care everyone
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
    • elona
    • By elona 30th Dec 17, 10:56 PM
    • 10,999 Posts
    • 61,809 Thanks
    elona
    pauline

Being left like that must have been an awful shock.

Well done on braving the shops even if you did not get everything.

Please post even if it is just "Hello" as it will help you feel part of a community.

Hugs
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
    • candygirl
    • By candygirl 31st Dec 17, 2:10 AM
    • 26,021 Posts
    • 105,993 Thanks
    candygirl
    Just popping in to prematurely wish everyone a Happy New Year, n hope 2018 will be a better year for us all XXX😘
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004)
    • Primrose
    • By Primrose 31st Dec 17, 8:03 AM
    • 7,910 Posts
    • 27,594 Thanks
    Primrose
    Pauline, that must have made Christmas very difficult for you, but you're doing well trying to pick up the threads.
    Before you go to bed every night try and remind yourself of the positive things you've managed to do, however small they are. Sometimes we have to remind ourselves that small things achieved in difficult circumstances are worth double points!
    Happy New Year everybody. Keep climbing the mountain !
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 31st Dec 17, 1:50 PM
    • 1,497 Posts
    • 9,684 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    I'm finding it very difficult to leave the house without terrible panic attacks. That, plus the fact my partner left with no warning a month ago which has completely thrown me.
    Originally posted by 117pauline
    Sorry to read that. xxx
    2018: Simplify your life
    Books Read 4/60
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 31st Dec 17, 4:24 PM
    • 10,124 Posts
    • 109,724 Thanks
    LameWolf
    Pauline I'm so sorry to hear that; ye gods and little fishes, how do you deal with that?? Baby steps, hun; you'll get there, but do be kind to yourself along the way.
    Fwiw, I got to a point where I got shaky just going down the garden - then I signed up with a dogsitting company, so I have to do dog walks, shaky or not. I admit I do feel safer with a dog alongside me; but I still get panicky if I meet another person and have to *gulp* talk to them.
    Hopefully the change of meds will work out for you; good that the GP wants to see you more often to monitor how it's going.

We're having our usual quiet NYE; there's a bottle of champagne in the fridge, and we shall probably play video games till about 23:55, then put the tv on just for the midnight chimes. We still have Ronnie here, so it's an excellent excuse not to go out (I don't do "social" in any case).

Happy New Year, everyone.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • maddiemay
    • By maddiemay 31st Dec 17, 4:44 PM
    • 3,225 Posts
    • 29,538 Thanks
    maddiemay
    Some years I have given in and gone to bed well before midnight, but Miss Border Collie really does not like fireworks, so I tend to stick around with OH for her. I bought one of the pheromone plug-ins before 5th Nov and that helped a lot, I put it on over a week ago and hope that DH has not had a retired moment and switched it off

The Quinoric (Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate) I started a couple of months ago are causing me some balance problems, a spinning sensation which is listed as a common minor side effect, but I have been feeling "off" for a couple of days and have opted for a "finest" ready meal with fresh veg for our evening meal today and revised the menu for tomorrow from a full roast to cold beef and salads, the beef is in the SC now, fingers crossed it will be nice, I am not a good cooker of meat, Mum who we are catering for has been was always the queen of Sunday dinners
    • Tink_04
    • By Tink_04 1st Jan 18, 11:15 AM
    • 887 Posts
    • 4,479 Thanks
    Tink_04
    Happy new year!

Pauline I hope this year brings you some peace and happiness.

We managed until 11:30 last night -just couldn’t stay awake any longer. Starting today off with great ambitions but then have had to stop as I got a bit dizzy. DH has prepped the veg for dinner and I managed to put the gammon in the slow cooker when I got up. The washer is on and I’m actually debating hanging some stuff out side for a few hours, it won’t dry completely up might get most of the wet out.

Going to take it easy today, might wrap the kids up and see if they want to play in the garden for a bit. I’m back to work on Wednesday so have tomorrow off too which is good and will hopefully give me a chance to pull myself round a bit.

Have a nice day everyone!
    1p savings challenge 2018
    £2 savings challenge
    • Tink_04
    • By Tink_04 5th Jan 18, 2:43 PM
    • 887 Posts
    • 4,479 Thanks
    Tink_04
    Ooh everyone is quiet lately! Hope everyone is well and enjoying a bit peace and normality after Christmas!

Me and DH went back to work this week and the kids go back to school on Monday - Iíve managed to get my new diary sorted out but not my calendar yet, itís a lot of information to copy over so like a clear hour or so to do it.

Meal planning is going well (mostly because I made meals up in the freezer before Xmas) got a pizza for the kids tonight - itís treatment day so Iím usually tired afterwards, going to have a shower and PJs on when I get back
    £2 savings challenge
    • candygirl
    • By candygirl 5th Jan 18, 5:53 PM
    • 26,021 Posts
    • 105,993 Thanks
    candygirl
    Hi girlies
    Am keeping on keeping on .Still on the CBD oil, n it's really helping manage my pain.Trying to keep the black dog away, with lots of prayer and meditation , but I hate this time of year 😣😣
    Healing vibes n huggles to all xx

(Kabat-Zinn 2004)
    • Tink_04
    • By Tink_04 7th Jan 18, 7:37 PM
    • 887 Posts
    • 4,479 Thanks
    Tink_04
    Glad the oil is helping with the pain Candygirl.

I had my MRI today (yes on a Sunday ) so hopefully an appointment with the Neurologist will follow.

Did a bit shopping today to see us over the week and kids are back to school tomorrow so back to normality and early mornings

My washer has decided to pack up tonight too, the error code suggests itís the motor, I have a number for a guy that Iíll ring tomorrow. Itís only 4 years old so Iíll be a bit gutted if itís died already ... will have to wait and see I suppose.

Tink
    £2 savings challenge
    • caronc
    • By caronc 7th Jan 18, 8:37 PM
    • 2,840 Posts
    • 19,433 Thanks
    caronc
    (Very) Belated Happy New Year everyone!
    GC - Jan £39/£120
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 8th Jan 18, 1:48 PM
    • 1,497 Posts
    • 9,684 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    I cancelled my GP appointment at the start of the year and have one next week instead.

I got my blood test last week so I will get my results next Monday from the GP. My vitamin D was really low last time, but I have been taking it everyday so hopefully that will be better.

My husband picked up my Lyrica from the pharmacy today. I was going to ask the doctor if I have to take this long term or not?

I felt really bad while my husband was working nights as I had to wake up to let my dogs out so the fibro aches and pains does seem to be related to how much sleep I get.

I'm not sure how I will be able to handle that as he works one whole week of night shifts a month.

I have my EMDR at the end of the month. I do feel better for having that even though it has been quite draining at times. I think I will try and keep on with it for a while longer.
    Books Read 4/60
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 8th Jan 18, 9:42 PM
    • 10,124 Posts
    • 109,724 Thanks
    LameWolf
    Hi girlies
    Am keeping on keeping on .Still on the CBD oil, n it's really helping manage my pain.Trying to keep the black dog away, with lots of prayer and meditation , but I hate this time of year 😣😣
    Healing vibes n huggles to all xx
    Originally posted by candygirl
    Not keen on winter myself - the old joints don't much like cold and damp! However - I shall have 2 days of Sasha the Labrador later in the month, so that's good.
    How are the woofers, Candygirl? Pls give them a cuddle from their Auntie Wolfy.
    LameWolf
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 8th Jan 18, 10:53 PM
    • 1,885 Posts
    • 16,069 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    Quick post to wish Wolfy and her husband good luck and safe journey tomorrow xx

Very sorry to read your news Pauline and sending you a gentle hug x

I'm still trying to get over the virus that floored me . Well i did ask for a quiet break !!

Out early tomorrow , the appts are coming through the door nearly every day . Dr is in full Duracell Bunny mode .

Hope to be back in a day or two and catch up on your news .

Take care all and stay warm .

For those who remember WCS she posted on another thread some time during the last week or so and she is now allowed to work from home on reduced hours . it isn't perfect but hopefully it will spare her those journeys to work in often appalling weather .

Time for bed .
    polly x
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 10th Jan 18, 2:04 PM
    • 10,124 Posts
    • 109,724 Thanks
    LameWolf
    Thanks Polly; I hope to goodness that virus leaves you for good very soon.

Mr LW has now had his ECG scan; he said it was ok, nothing unpleasant, but of course they didn't tell him anything. I managed the drive ok, though I was physically shaking at the end of it.

He has two more appointments to go, both on 29th January; lung function test at 09:00 and sleep survey thingy, which is a group activity, at 16:00 - we have to keep a sleep diary for him for the fortnight preceeding this, also documenting if he has any daytime naps, what time he takes his medication, and what time, if any, he has any alcohol.
    So that's going to be several car journeys for me that day, which I am so not looking forward to. But it's a lot cheaper than him paying the £££ to park at the hospital.

Only when this lot is all done, and the results in, will he see the consultant again, and hpefully get some answers.

I also have two "meet'n'greet" visits for prospective new canine guests this weekend, one Saturday and one Sunday; so my stress levels are through the roof right now.
    LameWolf
    • candygirl
    • By candygirl 10th Jan 18, 5:15 PM
    • 26,021 Posts
    • 105,993 Thanks
    candygirl
    Not keen on winter myself - the old joints don't much like cold and damp! However - I shall have 2 days of Sasha the Labrador later in the month, so that's good.
    How are the woofers, Candygirl? Pls give them a cuddle from their Auntie Wolfy.
    Originally posted by LameWolf
    They're fab ta Wolfy.Bonnie's still a bouncy naughty pup, n Buds is managing better with her now he's on his doggy CBD , n isn't as sore 😁
    Enjoy Sasha , good luck to Mr LW XX

(Kabat-Zinn 2004)
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 14th Jan 18, 1:01 PM
    • 10,124 Posts
    • 109,724 Thanks
    LameWolf
    Well my two meet'n'greets has turned into three. The one scheduled for yesterday went ahead, so just waiting now to see if the people actually book a holiday for their two delightful Cavapoos. The one that was meant to be today is now scheduled for Thursday afternoon, and I have an extra one happening tomorrow evening.

All this in between me making closer acquaintance than I would like with the Big White Telephone. Nothing to worry about, just the usual lupus-induced nausea, but a blimmin' nuisance nevertheless.

Mr LW has decided he wants to visit Bletchley Park tomorrow (he initially wanted to go today, but I said 1. I didn't feel that confident to be out of hailing distance of the bathroom just yet and 2. springing it on me and expecting me to be able to just put my coat on and go isn't on - I need some notice to that I can prepare myself mentally. He's right to want to go though - the tickets we have are valid for a year (ie til November 2018), so we should make the best use of them that we can.
    LameWolf
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 14th Jan 18, 1:31 PM
    • 1,885 Posts
    • 16,069 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    I hope you feel better soon Wolfy . I tried posting yesterday to send the lavender vibes for the meet and greet but kept getting login problems . I was thinking of you though and will continue to send those vibes for the two to come . x

The virus became pleurisy so I've been fit for nowt . We've already had a few appts in the last 2 weeks and we've literally dragged ourselves there and back each time . Another one at 9am tomorrow then 2 on Friday a few hours apart .

The good news is DD met her cbt lady on Friday for an hour and they connected well . She's using this as time to just talk and is allowed to lead the discussion . Something happened to her when she was seven which she only told me about a couple of years ago . She hasn't even told our GP but she has now opened up to this woman and feels the discussion has helped bury a few ghosts .

We know she needs DBT but it's not going to be available here , no provision at all . Hopefully these sessions will put a few more tools in the coping box .

She has an appt in a few weeks with the lead consultant who years ago first uttered the diagnosis but refused to formalise it in writing .
    Basically our GP has arranged it purely for a medication review as he feels she needs a low level anti psychotic for a while until things are hopefully less challenging .

Meanwhile I have spent a lot of time either in bed or dragging myself around . Starting to feel some energy coming back now but pacing where possible as there are other new appts also due in a few weeks . Dr has been like the Duracell bunny but it's all a bit daunting . We'll manage the idea is one big hit and see how things go .

I hope everyone is staying as well as possible . I still haven't read back but will a bit at a time . I'm not sure how long LL is away for but I have wished at times in the last few weeks I too was somewhere away from day to day life .

Meanwhile stay warm if you can all and avoid those bugs and viruses

polly x
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 15th Jan 18, 11:09 AM
    • 1,497 Posts
    • 9,684 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    I'm annoyed that my cholesterol is high this time in the blood test as I got the results today. I'm wondering if it is a side effect of the Lyrica as that is the only real difference in my life since I had my cholesterol tested last summer.

I know one other option for Fibromyalgia would be to take low dose anti psychotics as I read that in the Fibro manual.

I complained to my GP today about having to wait another month for the NHS therapy and I just got a call from the psychotherapist and lo and behold she has found an appointment and she can see me next Monday now. He must have contacted them.

My GP is awesome!

The good news is DD met her cbt lady on Friday for an hour and they connected well . She's using this as time to just talk and is allowed to lead the discussion . Something happened to her when she was seven which she only told me about a couple of years ago . She hasn't even told our GP but she has now opened up to this woman and feels the discussion has helped bury a few ghosts .

We know she needs DBT but it's not going to be available here , no provision at all . Hopefully these sessions will put a few more tools in the coping box .

She has an appt in a few weeks with the lead consultant who years ago first uttered the diagnosis but refused to formalise it in writing .
    Basically our GP has arranged it purely for a medication review as he feels she needs a low level anti psychotic for a while until things are hopefully less challenging .
    Originally posted by pollyanna 26
    Pleurisy is meant to be horrible.xx

That is great news about the CBT. I realise I was very lucky to get DBT. My psychologist told me it is very expensive so that is why it is not available everywhere.

Do you mind me asking if the anti psychotic helps with the fibro symptoms as well?

I've been on them a few times, but before the fibro diagnosis and it was quite a high dose too. I remember they did make me feel like I had a massage or just got out of a warm bath, very relaxed.
    Books Read 4/60
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,684Posts Today

9,236Users online

Martin's Twitter