Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Neeks_77
    • By Neeks_77 11th Sep 16, 7:23 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Neeks_77
    Caught speeding while at work?
    • 11th Sep 16, 7:23 PM
    Caught speeding while at work? 11th Sep 16 at 7:23 PM
    I was recently caught speeding on my way home from work, doing 41 in a 30 apparently, I'm already curious about that as I was on a speed awareness course on the Monday before being caught and have drove at the limit since, also another person at work was caught doing the same speed at the same time as me.

When I first got the letter I was gutted and immediately sent the letter off to confirm I was driving, however once I was told I was getting fined and points I did some digging and realised that I didn't clock out of work unail 1 minute after I was allegedly caught speeding, it also takes 2 minutes to get from my work to where I was caught.

With there being effectively 3 minutes difference between the time i clocked out of work and being caught, do I have any chance of arguing the charge or would I be wasting my time?

Thanks for any help I am given.
Page 2
    • waamo
    • By waamo 22nd Sep 16, 11:29 PM
    • 738 Posts
    • 683 Thanks
    waamo
    The Police get no cash from speeding. It goes to the national coffers and they get no incentive.
    David Cameron. What a swine.
    • TadleyBaggie
    • By TadleyBaggie 22nd Sep 16, 11:38 PM
    • 1,840 Posts
    • 1,284 Thanks
    TadleyBaggie
    Sort of, however they get a cut of the revenue from speed awareness courses. However this wouldn't apply in Scotland.
    • rich13348
    • By rich13348 23rd Sep 16, 4:41 AM
    • 594 Posts
    • 312 Thanks
    rich13348
    I just received a ticket too - 42 in a 30. Now, I know that sounds bad but I was exiting a small borders town on the nice wide A7 - police were sitting right on the national speed limit sign but hidden off to the right. If they were worried about speeding, they would have been in plain sight of the left of the road but they were being sneaky, dare I say it, trying to raise some cash?
    Originally posted by Fimbo77
    There is a lot of accidents on the A7 and the A68.
    Maybe their assumption is if you are willing to do 41 in a 30 you are willing to do 100 on a 60 road.
    Bearing in mind it is a rural road and lots of tractors out at the moment you could be in the wrong end of a baler before you know it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,282Posts Today

4,213Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • If you know you're bust you must declare it asap. So no firm ever says "yes we plan to go insolvent". So you never? https://t.co/w8aIKOqHzq

• Some people misreading... it's NOT the rumours of insolvency of the Monarchy! Its Monarch airlines (again tho I've no idea of its validity)

• Also re #monarchinsolvency rumours it's important to state Monarch are firmly denying it... https://t.co/N27MENRjY9

• Follow Martin