Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tylery
    • By tylery 10th Sep 16, 4:27 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    tylery
    PPI template
    • 10th Sep 16, 4:27 PM
    PPI template 10th Sep 16 at 4:27 PM
    I have a barclaycard account which is in default. I also have a repayments agreement with barclaycard. I want to claim my ppi but which ppi template do i use CLOSED account or OPEN account. Thanx
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 10th Sep 16, 11:34 PM
    • 84,054 Posts
    • 49,068 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 10th Sep 16, 11:34 PM
    • 10th Sep 16, 11:34 PM
    I have a barclaycard account which is in default. I also have a repayments agreement with barclaycard. I want to claim my ppi but which ppi template do i use CLOSED account or OPEN account. Thanx
    Originally posted by tylery
    There is no template that differs for open or closed accounts. You use the same complaints method for either.

As you are in default though, the money can be kept on a successful complaint and offset against the debt you have failed to repay. Even if that debt is statute barred. If, as you say, you are still making payments to that debt, then it would reduce that debt.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 11th Sep 16, 9:54 AM
    • 16,786 Posts
    • 7,440 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 11th Sep 16, 9:54 AM
    • 11th Sep 16, 9:54 AM
    There is no template that differs for open or closed accounts.
    Originally posted by dunstonh
    The MSE advice article does have two differing templates, but they are for first contact with the Bank when enquiring about records or requesting the Agreement.
    I want to claim my ppi but which ppi template do i use CLOSED account or OPEN account. Thanx
    The Bank already definitely have records of your account, so just send a complaint letter. As already noted, if you win redress it's likely the bank will offset it against the monies you still owe from your default.

Don't follow the MSE article too laboriously, you don't need to request the Agreement in your situation. Skip straight to complaint.
    • tylery
    • By tylery 14th Sep 16, 6:15 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tylery
    • 14th Sep 16, 6:15 PM
    • 14th Sep 16, 6:15 PM
    Thx for your replies. Sorry for being daft how do i go about with the complain letter? Is there a template for it.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 14th Sep 16, 10:19 PM
    • 16,786 Posts
    • 7,440 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 14th Sep 16, 10:19 PM
    • 14th Sep 16, 10:19 PM
    If you have a complaint you make it (in your own words if possible).

If not you don't.

What is your complaint?

Do remember that you won't get any money yourself, any redress will go towards the money you still owe and failed to pay.
    • tylery
    • By tylery 20th Sep 16, 4:58 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tylery
    • 20th Sep 16, 4:58 PM
    • 20th Sep 16, 4:58 PM
    I was told that if i don't add ppi i wont be able to get the loan.
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 20th Sep 16, 6:50 PM
    • 2,576 Posts
    • 1,373 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    • 20th Sep 16, 6:50 PM
    • 20th Sep 16, 6:50 PM
    I was told that if i don't add ppi i wont be able to get the loan.
    What proof of that do you have?

Do you have anything more substantial such as proof of work benefits that would cover you if you were ill and unable to work or some way of maintaining the payments if you lost your job? Do remember the "family would pay it" works against you as it implies you have no way of repaying your debts if you lost your job (meaning PPI would be useful to you)
    • -taff
    • By -taff 22nd Sep 16, 10:30 AM
    • 6,176 Posts
    • 3,353 Thanks
    -taff
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:30 AM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:30 AM
    If you're still paying it back, open aco!!!!, there's a template questionnaire on the same page as the instructions.

If it was sold prior to 2009, use single premium as a complaint reason.
    Also, as said above, if you are successful, most of the money will go towards paying what you owe back, but hey ho, it's less to pay back, so go for it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,299Posts Today

7,398Users online

Martin's Twitter