Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sauceoclock
    • By sauceoclock 10th Sep 16, 11:35 AM
    • 699Posts
    • 351Thanks
    sauceoclock
    Single, independent & in (a little bit of) debt!
    • 10th Sep 16, 11:35 AM
    Single, independent & in (a little bit of) debt! 10th Sep 16 at 11:35 AM
    Hi guys!

I had a debt-free diary that started in 2014 and so much has changed in my life since that it's time to start fresh with some new ideas.

I work full-time, live alone in a flat that I privately rent, have a car and not many commitments. I will do an outline of my costs in the next post.

I am currently taking some exams via my job that will result in a much better paid position. I do usertesting when I have some free time so supplement my income, I'm a bit of an eBay whiz & I've been on a mission to reduce my food waste and utilise my full size freezer.

I owe 450 on a credit card, this is from some new clothes I desperately needed, my home insurance renewal & a couple of trips to a wholesaler to buy some bulk items. I also 'owe' my grandmother 6,000,00, this my flat deposit, some of my moving fees and my car. This doesn't need to be paid back any time soon, I had started paying it off but needed the money during a brief period of unemployment.

I look forward to starting a new journey!
    Credit Card Balance: 1195.54 924
    Christmas Shopping: 20 Amazon 70 Argos 10 Tesco
    Money owed to parents (car repairs): 350 84
    Deposit & First Month's Rent (Repaid on 28th)1,445.00
Page 9
    • sauceoclock
    • By sauceoclock 18th Apr 17, 12:05 PM
    • 699 Posts
    • 351 Thanks
    sauceoclock
    I ended things with my boyfriend yesterday, no hard feelings, very amicable, we just work better as friends! Im in a positive headspace about it and very excited to see what the next few months bring.

Ive paid my holiday deposit of 27.50 to secure our accommodation, my nan gave me 20 for easter as a treat so that basically covered it. I have a designer suit to list on eBay this evening and a BNWT Zara dress, anything raised from this will be put in the holiday pot (which currently has 20 in it). I sold a clothing rail on gumtree yesterday to cover the costs of my man with van service I have booked for Sunday and the lady turned up with wrong cash (very calculated and horrid of her) Id said Id like 30 for it, I ended up saying Id accept the 20 cash she had and she said shed paypal me the other 10 Im not stupid and that obviously will not happen. People are just so dishonest and sneaky sometimes! I need to list my fridge this evening as the landlady at my new place wont allow me to remove hers, its a shame as it was a real bargain and a reliable appliance. My washing machine has sold for 190 (a really good price for it) and the man is collecting it on Sunday, I just need to fish the warranty information out. This 190 is going straight in my holiday fund, that and the 20 already in there covers the accommodation, just flights/eurostar and spending to go then!

I planned my finances to within an inch of their life on Sunday and I feel much better. Im moving very fast at work and have gained momentum on getting signed off which will hopefully mean more pay soon (I know this sounds greedy but I NEED to earn more so Im not struggling, I am getting there).

I spent 34 on a friend yesterday, hes recently moved to London and had *no* food in his house, he doesnt have any family to help him out and was saying hes struggling. He asked me to help and Id have said no to anyone else but hes got a special place in my heart for the support hes given me this year and the fact he literally has no family. Hes paying me back on the 25th when his freelance pay clears, I trust he will do so and its a situation where if he forgets to it wouldnt be awkward to ask for it back (which I will definitely be doing as I put it on my credit card and will want to pay it back off again).
    • sauceoclock
    • By sauceoclock 18th Apr 17, 1:56 PM
    • 699 Posts
    • 351 Thanks
    sauceoclock
    Turns out the washing machine money covers the accommodation AND my transport
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,127Posts Today

7,516Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • As I've said before - energy price cap sounds good, and will likely be popular, but there's a big risk of making th? https://t.co/ubeV9vnmU7

• Just seen @IvoGraham doing stand up in a comedy club. Superb, witty, self depricating, clever stuff. Go see him if you get the chance

• RT @ChrissyNunn: New one from @Tesco today.. "The sale of Goods Act is just legislation, it's like a guideline, it's not law" @MartinSLewis?

• Follow Martin