Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mrs Optimist
    • By Mrs Optimist 9th Sep 16, 4:21 PM
    • 1,063Posts
    • 1,207Thanks
    Mrs Optimist
    How to stay motivated when you have a lot of weight to lose?
    • 9th Sep 16, 4:21 PM
    How to stay motivated when you have a lot of weight to lose? 9th Sep 16 at 4:21 PM
    As the op states. I had a medical appointment yesterday and whilst I was there for an unrelated matter, I mentioned to the nurse that I had piled on the pounds in the last year and was concerned as I may be peri menopausal. The thought of taking HRT and putting on even more weight really worries me.

I have approx. 8 stone to lose (how did I get so fat)

I don't want to join a slimming club but do want to get into a healthy eating routine. I don't exercise but the nurse wasn't that concerned as she says it's usually diet that assists with weight loss.

Can anyone recommend a good healthy weightloss plan that is easy to stick to? I don't want a quick fix. And also how do you stay motivated when you have such a lot of lard to lose?

THANKS.
    Last edited by Mrs Optimist; 09-09-2016 at 4:23 PM.
Page 2
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 19th Sep 16, 4:48 PM
    • 20,711 Posts
    • 52,721 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Stick to real unprocessed food, loads of water, and mainly fruit and veg. I am revisiting the F Plan which worked for me a few years ago. You need to think of it as change of eating for life, not just for the duration of the diet.
    Originally posted by annab275

I did the F plan almost 20 years ago!

I found that I could not stop losing and became gaunt, although I thought I was the bee's knees in my size 8s!

Once I stopped, there was no maintenance guidance. With 5:2, it's easy to change to 6:1 for maintenance. And there's no fibre-fill to make: that became a drag.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • ludhiyaparker
    • By ludhiyaparker 12th Oct 16, 3:27 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    ludhiyaparker
    Im still trying to know the answer to myself.
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 12th Oct 16, 3:53 PM
    • 5,947 Posts
    • 14,929 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    Just had a long hard look at my husband's insulin pen. Then a remarkably short chat with my GP.
    Unless I lay off the sticky bins & get into the many varied & colourful joys of vegetables, I'll be using one of those things. Frankly, of the many things I could feel "deprived" of, I would rather deprive myself of that insulin pen.
    Plus there's always the allure of zipwire (& even learning to ride sidesaddle - only for those under 14 stone as Just the Saddle is about the price of my car.) We'll see.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,516Posts Today

6,482Users online

Martin's Twitter