Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JammyGem
    • By JammyGem 9th Sep 16, 2:34 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 37Thanks
    JammyGem
    Has Anyone Ever Won a Twitter Comp?
    • 9th Sep 16, 2:34 PM
    Has Anyone Ever Won a Twitter Comp? 9th Sep 16 at 2:34 PM
    A friend of mine has been comping for over 10 years and has said not to bother with twitter comps as it's near impossible to win, seeing as most bloggers etc. pick someone in their circle.

Does this ring true for your guys' experiences with twitter comps? Just wondering if she's right and I should stop entering them.

Cheers
Page 2
    • WoodyAllenJesus
    • By WoodyAllenJesus 15th Sep 16, 3:58 PM
    • 97 Posts
    • 421 Thanks
    WoodyAllenJesus
    I've had a few wins on Twitter but nothing massive
    2016 Wins: Kiddimoto Scooter & gear; Farnborough Airshow tickets; DVDs; Minions Backpack

Wishlist: Nintendo DS and games; Guitar Amplifier; iPad; Lovely things for my home; Cold hard cash
    • moonray69
    • By moonray69 15th Sep 16, 5:16 PM
    • 136 Posts
    • 949 Thanks
    moonray69
    Yes, I've won a few times on Twitter..actually I've just a nice winning on twitter a couple of hours ago xx
    • jamielmdjs
    • By jamielmdjs 15th Sep 16, 5:41 PM
    • 369 Posts
    • 1,468 Thanks
    jamielmdjs
    2 wins today, both on twitter.

Tickets to play adventure golf and £500 carpetright voucher.

Twitter is easy to enter so entries are often plentiful. There's also a lot of bots sending out multiple entries.

But real people do win.
    • fionatinkerbelljames
    • By fionatinkerbelljames 15th Sep 16, 9:53 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 353 Thanks
    fionatinkerbelljames
    I've entered 4165 and won once kind of...

It was rafflecopter and the person contacted me on Twitter.

I still enter them as they are extremely quick to enter.

Maybe it's because my Twitter isn't very personal.
    • hazyjo
    • By hazyjo 17th Sep 16, 1:09 AM
    • 8,102 Posts
    • 9,795 Thanks
    hazyjo
    I've won several on twitter. Definitely not a blogger.

It's usually so quick, it's worth entering.

Jx
    2016 wins: ESPA gift set; jumper; lip balm x 2; kitchen scales; perfume; shoes; theatre tickets; Champagne; books; After Eights; Diet Coke; Molton Brown duo; fish slice; travel set
    • Bobble5366
    • By Bobble5366 17th Sep 16, 7:38 AM
    • 304 Posts
    • 1,260 Thanks
    Bobble5366
    is it all about the witty comment you can put against the comp post ? I have won a couple of small but useful prizes on twitter, but notice the comments against the post, which may catch the eye of the promoter (but not the dead gerbil posts lol)
    • sammi86
    • By sammi86 17th Sep 16, 3:50 PM
    • 288 Posts
    • 2,710 Thanks
    sammi86
    I've won loads from twitter over the years, even got my brother in on it and he had beginners luck and won a £1000 watch and a massive speaker bar on there within his first couple of weeks. Its defo harder to win on there nowadays as it does seem all the prizes go to bloggers, but then again everyone and their dog is a blogger nowadays. Ive seen a lot of compers create blogs and im guessing it purely because theres prizes to win
    • hazyjo
    • By hazyjo 19th Sep 16, 4:17 PM
    • 8,102 Posts
    • 9,795 Thanks
    hazyjo
    For the record, I rarely enter obvious blogger comps. Usually I just do company ones.

Plus... she won't have been entering twitter comps for 10 years.

Jx
    2016 wins: ESPA gift set; jumper; lip balm x 2; kitchen scales; perfume; shoes; theatre tickets; Champagne; books; After Eights; Diet Coke; Molton Brown duo; fish slice; travel set
    • Loucien
    • By Loucien 19th Sep 16, 8:11 PM
    • 297 Posts
    • 2,976 Thanks
    Loucien
    In 4 years I've gotten one Twitter prize. A PureAire Basics & Essences Pack.
    • LadyMorticia
    • By LadyMorticia 19th Sep 16, 8:15 PM
    • 18,828 Posts
    • 81,278 Thanks
    LadyMorticia
    I won twice from Twitter today. I'm an ex-blogger and I use my Twitter for both comps and normal use. I find that I win more Twitter comps when I enter on the last day.
    ♫Cast your stones. cast your judgement
    You don't make me who I am♫
    • spongemoon
    • By spongemoon 20th Sep 16, 9:47 AM
    • 43 Posts
    • 707 Thanks
    spongemoon
    Yeah, I'm a big tennis fan and there's sometimes comps on there for tickets and other tennis bits and bobs - i've won over 50% of the tennis comps I've won (but there's never that many retweets or comments so!)
    • MrsB2000
    • By MrsB2000 20th Sep 16, 10:49 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    MrsB2000
    I have I have won quite a few comps on Twitter
    • little owl
    • By little owl 20th Sep 16, 4:12 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 385 Thanks
    little owl
    I have recently won a Lonely Planet book (not arrived yet). I had to post a comment to a question. It was something that had actually happened to me so perhaps it rang true to them.
    I will only enter Twitter comps where you post comments or photos and I enter a few now and then. I always use humour but even that seems to fall flat. The chances of winning an RT comp must be minuscule.
    • kaya1991
    • By kaya1991 22nd Sep 16, 7:59 PM
    • 105 Posts
    • 1,373 Thanks
    kaya1991
    I'm a blogger who runs Rafflecopter and Twitter competitions, and while I can't vouch for all my fellow bloggers I can certainly say that I don't deliberately choose other bloggers - Rafflecopter picks a winner randomly and I also use a random tool to pick Twitter winners

I've only entered a handful of Twitter competitions myself over the years but I've actually won two of those! One was local with very few entries and one was for event tickets, so probably also lower entry than for a tangible object.
    • RebW1977
    • By RebW1977 25th Sep 16, 9:28 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    RebW1977
    Hi, I'm fairly new to all this and I wondered about Twitter comps. I notice people often tweet the comp poster saying "Great prize, would love to win" etc. as well as follow and retweet. I've done this myself ..but I wondered if it was actually worth doing..does it increase your chance of winning? Or is it completely random? Also..a while ago I set up a second Twitter account just for comping but then stopped using it as worried it would look like a spam account?? So it's not random after all..?! Confused!
    • MimiJane
    • By MimiJane 25th Sep 16, 4:52 PM
    • 7,152 Posts
    • 41,746 Thanks
    MimiJane
    I've been comping for 8/9 years and have only ever won one Twitter comp! On the other hand, I've done fairly well on Facebook ...
    Wins 2016 = £65

MANY THANKS TO ALL OPS. - xx
    • becca wecca
    • By becca wecca 25th Sep 16, 6:21 PM
    • 443 Posts
    • 6,698 Thanks
    becca wecca
    I've won a few times on twitter, more so than Facebook, I've only won on there once
    • yorkie18
    • By yorkie18 26th Sep 16, 6:08 AM
    • 657 Posts
    • 1,696 Thanks
    yorkie18
    Hi, I'm fairly new to all this and I wondered about Twitter comps. I notice people often tweet the comp poster saying "Great prize, would love to win" etc. as well as follow and retweet. I've done this myself ..but I wondered if it was actually worth doing..does it increase your chance of winning? Or is it completely random? Also..a while ago I set up a second Twitter account just for comping but then stopped using it as worried it would look like a spam account?? So it's not random after all..?! Confused!
    Originally posted by RebW1977
    I do this all the time now. When I first started comping, I literally just retweeted with no comment. Since replying with a short comment, I win regularly. It only takes 2 seconds to leave a comment and can make all the difference.
    Be Kind, Work Hard, Stay Humble, Smile Often, Keep Honest, Stay Loyal, Travel When Possible, Never Stop Learning, Be Thankful Always and Love
    • silverfox11
    • By silverfox11 26th Sep 16, 2:48 PM
    • 348 Posts
    • 1,101 Thanks
    silverfox11
    My biggest Twitter win was vaux wash cleaning worth £200, that was only reweet
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,098Posts Today

8,130Users online

Martin's Twitter