Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• Connor1234
    • By Connor1234 8th Sep 16, 5:21 PM
    • 25Posts
    • 54Thanks
    UKPC ticket, have I messed up?
    • 8th Sep 16, 5:21 PM
    UKPC ticket, have I messed up? 8th Sep 16 at 5:21 PM
    on the 2nd of Feb 2016 my car was parked in the student car park at my university run by UKPC.

I paid for parking on the day but received a ticket for non payment, It's been a long time since the ticket was issued but I think it had fallen down the dashboard, I can't actually remember if this is the case.

I still have the original ticket, the card receipt and a bank statement for that month which shows the money going out of the account 3 days after the date that parking was paid.

I spoke to my friends who had also had tickets from UKPC over the past year and I consulted with them about their experiences, I also looked online and the general consensus was that the correct way to deal with the issue was to just ignore their letters and that they'd stop. So, as such I didn't pay, didn't appeal and ignored them.

I went through the UKPC letters phase, the Debt Collector letters and now after a couple of months of silence I have received one from DRP stating they will pass my case onto a solicitor and recommend legal action if i do not pay or appeal.

Am I wrong to have Ignored them, Is there anything I should do from here, I still have the materials to make an appeal but I always felt that they would reject it instantly regardless and I would have shown my hand should they take me to court.

Thanks in advance and thank you for the fantastic forum you guys have built up over the years, if you're willing to dig MSE is a really great database of knowledge.
    Last edited by Connor1234; 14-09-2016 at 1:40 PM.
Page 2
    • Connor1234
    • By Connor1234 18th Oct 16, 8:11 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    Yes. You have missed the bit about them saying you HAVE to give them the driver's details. This is not correct. It is in fact a lie.
    Originally posted by Fruitcake
    Ah ok, I referenced the law but I'll make it more clear, thank you!
    £10 a day Oct 2016: £74.75/£310
    • Connor1234
    • By Connor1234 18th Oct 16, 9:48 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    Ok just before I send it off, quick revision, any better?

2. Your reply clearly states that the details of the driver 'have to be provided' and cite page 20 of the Department for Transport’s guidance on Section 56 and Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012. As I'm sure you're fully aware this only applies to Authorities such as the council, police etc. This is therefore a blatant lie and a totally unacceptable misrepresentation of authority, the driver's details may be requested, but they do not have to be given. Your efforts to deceive only serve to further strengthen my case in a Section 10 request.
    £10 a day Oct 2016: £74.75/£310
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Oct 16, 12:59 PM
    • 39,353 Posts
    • 50,907 Thanks
    Yes that looks OK to me.

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

313Posts Today

2,692Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Yay. Thank you for all your help Colin. Thankfully it's feeling a little better #lovelychap

• Going to try and see if it's possible. If not my 400 day run of never missing target will end :(

• Thank you for all your kind wishes.Not sure now if it's a hamstring tear now. Feels like very bad cramp in the back of my thigh

• Follow Martin