Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Connor1234
    • By Connor1234 8th Sep 16, 5:21 PM
    • 26Posts
    • 67Thanks
    Connor1234
    UKPC ticket, have I messed up?
    • 8th Sep 16, 5:21 PM
    UKPC ticket, have I messed up? 8th Sep 16 at 5:21 PM
    on the 2nd of Feb 2016 my car was parked in the student car park at my university run by UKPC.

I paid for parking on the day but received a ticket for non payment, It's been a long time since the ticket was issued but I think it had fallen down the dashboard, I can't actually remember if this is the case.

I still have the original ticket, the card receipt and a bank statement for that month which shows the money going out of the account 3 days after the date that parking was paid.

I spoke to my friends who had also had tickets from UKPC over the past year and I consulted with them about their experiences, I also looked online and the general consensus was that the correct way to deal with the issue was to just ignore their letters and that they'd stop. So, as such I didn't pay, didn't appeal and ignored them.

I went through the UKPC letters phase, the Debt Collector letters and now after a couple of months of silence I have received one from DRP stating they will pass my case onto a solicitor and recommend legal action if i do not pay or appeal.

Am I wrong to have Ignored them, Is there anything I should do from here, I still have the materials to make an appeal but I always felt that they would reject it instantly regardless and I would have shown my hand should they take me to court.

Thanks in advance and thank you for the fantastic forum you guys have built up over the years, if you're willing to dig MSE is a really great database of knowledge.
    Last edited by Connor1234; 14-09-2016 at 1:40 PM.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 8th Sep 16, 5:30 PM
    • 12,383 Posts
    • 14,759 Thanks
    Redx
    • 8th Sep 16, 5:30 PM
    • 8th Sep 16, 5:30 PM
    yes you were wrong to take your friends advice and ignore them

the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread tells you and them what to do

IGNORE has not been correct for 4 years !!

APPEAL was the correct thing to do , then take it to POPLA

too late for that now , so it all depends if this is a real solicitors letter , or if its a debt collector letter on solicitor headed notepaper

the PPC or their solicitors has 6 years to issue a court claim , an MCOL

the other correct thing to have been done was a complaint to the University that payment was made and the invoice should be cancelled, so you need to get this done asap
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Sep 16, 5:31 PM
    • 40,322 Posts
    • 52,165 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 8th Sep 16, 5:31 PM
    • 8th Sep 16, 5:31 PM
    I went through the UKPC phase, the Debt Collector emails and now after a couple of months of silence I have received one from the Solicitor phase stating they will recommend action if i do not pay or appeal.
    I would say now is the time to respond. Which solicitor?

Search the forum for the firm's name and 'UKPC' (together as one search) and you will find other threads who have had that letter. And responded! UKPC have started claims on some cases but MAINLY bothering with those where there are multiple PCNs 'worth' (to them) potentially a four-figure sum.

But also, parking firms sometimes proceed to a claim when they've been ignored, in the hope of you still ignoring court papers and them then getting a default CCJ. The point there is, when people discover the CCJ later, these firms are often getting something like £250 out of the victim, when people panic and 'pay it off' rather than set the judgment aside to remove it.

Neither is a nice experience and I've dubbed this conduct by PPCs as the new type of clamping only it is worse than it was before. Instead of clamping cars and charging £150 or so to release them, they are 'clamping finances'. Wrong, wrong, wrong. An absolute scandal and scam.

So, to avoid all that, now respond robustly and defend any claim with our help.

When you respond, DO NOT say who was driving, do not name that person! The reply must be written in the name of the registered keeper, pointing out that 'the driver' (described in the third person only) did pay and display and there is no evidence that there was any contravention of any transparently displayed terms on a clear sign that could be capable of binding a driver. You can enclose a photocopy of the P&D ticket and the bank statement (name covered) and say that the driver did not agree to pay £100, was unaware of such a penalty, did not contravene, did not avoid paying for parking. You can say that the signs fail to meet the BPA Code of Practice and fail the 'adequate notice' requirement of the sum of the parking charge itself, as is mandatory in the POFA 2012. If as keeper, you are to be held liable, UKPC must have fully complied with Schedule 4 of the POFA and, you can say, they did not.

Anyway, do the search of solicitor's name + UKPC and read what others have done/received back; look for recent posters who have posted this Summer but who are ahead of you.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 08-09-2016 at 5:37 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Connor1234
    • By Connor1234 8th Sep 16, 5:41 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 67 Thanks
    Connor1234
    • 8th Sep 16, 5:41 PM
    • 8th Sep 16, 5:41 PM
    I believe this isn't a real solicitors letter and that it's a debt collector saying they will advise a solicitor, I'm not currently with the letter and need to second check this.

So if it's not a solicitor I should appeal, If it is however a solicitor what are my options, and how would I stand up in court with the evidence that I have?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 8th Sep 16, 5:49 PM
    • 12,383 Posts
    • 14,759 Thanks
    Redx
    • 8th Sep 16, 5:49 PM
    • 8th Sep 16, 5:49 PM
    its too late to appeal , you had 28 days from the NTK arriving to appeal, that ship sailed long ago

court is a lottery, all the facts need to be known , including facts you know nothing about , like landowner contracts, if the paperwork met POFA2012 , signage , all sorts

nobody can tell you what sort of case you have , or even if the judge is in a bad mood or has hangups about students !!! lol

it is what it is on the day in court , dont let anyone tell you its cut and dried either way
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Sep 16, 5:52 PM
    • 40,322 Posts
    • 52,165 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 8th Sep 16, 5:52 PM
    • 8th Sep 16, 5:52 PM
    I believe this isn't a real solicitors letter and that it's a debt collector saying they will advise a solicitor, I'm not currently with the letter and need to second check this.

So if it's not a solicitor I should appeal, If it is however a solicitor what are my options, and how would I stand up in court with the evidence that I have?
    Originally posted by Connor1234
    OK if it is DRP or Zenith or ZZPS then they are not solicitors.

You will find out how people fared in court by searching for the solicitor's firm and UKPC. Best to read what has happened in other cases. e.g. Anthony94 won his case but another poster lost...small claims court is a lottery but you get no CCJ and indeed, even if you lost you would pay no more than the daft letter is demanding right now!

So, that's why people fight and defend it. No reason not to.

No-one will tell you to pay this. We are telling you to respond robustly as keeper, to any solicitor's letter.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 08-09-2016 at 5:55 PM.

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.

• Connor1234
    • By Connor1234 13th Sep 16, 9:08 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 67 Thanks
    Connor1234
    • 13th Sep 16, 9:08 AM
    • 13th Sep 16, 9:08 AM
    Hi guys, got an Update, done some more reading and I've constructed a letter to send to DRP, I've offered a £10 settlement as a good will gesture as since I missed the deadline for appeal they had to pay for my details (£2.50), I also included 10 second class stamps in this (£5.50) so there is an excess for other expenses.

I've tried to make this firm, fair and reasonable, I read the notes of one case where offering £10 as a reasonable settlement came up in their favour too and thought since I had missed the appeal this may help with that.
    could any one offer any advice?

To whom it may concern.

I am writing to you regarding your letters requesting collection of perceived ‘debt’ on behalf of UKPC for an accused breach of contract by the driver of XXXX XXX on the 3rd February 2016 in the Gulson Road Car Park adjacent to Coventry University. Please find on page 2 references to claims I make in this letter.
    On this date, XXXX XXX had a full days parking paid to the correct cost of £2, UKPC incurred no perceived or actual financial loss. I have both the ticket and the card receipt for this transaction, and the card referenced on the receipt (1).
    I would advise that XXXX XXX is clear of all wrong doing regarding the accusations made. The images provided by UKPC are of poor quality and are ambiguous, the glare on the windscreen from the sky and reflections on water drops make the images unclear and nearly impossible to gain any meaningful interpretation from (2).
    Shortly after the issue of an invoice from a UKPC warden I requested the CCTV of the car park from the Coventry University Protection Service, this request was once denied over the phone and I was then told via email that a technical error had prevented this footage from being retrieved. If UKPC/DRP do in fact have a copy of this footage I would suggest that following the driver of XXXX XXX on video from the car to the ticket machine should suffice as evidence that payment was in fact made.
    As this is my first ticket issued by a private firm I missed the appeals window due to not realising that there were independent bodies to adjudicate these issues. Since my reply comes after UKPC/DRP have incurred minor costs to find my details, whilst I maintain that I am responsible for no wrong doing, I am willing to offer a generous settlement of £10.00 as a gesture of good will to reimburse UKPC/DRP for the expense of the release of documentation from the DVLA and for the cost of posting between 5 & 10 letters second class, this leaves excess for other costs I may have not been aware of. (3). I believe this a reasonable settlement and in the best interest of both parties.
    I firmly believe that as the registered keeper of XXXX XXX I owe no money to UKPC or DRP and am clear of any wrongdoing and would request that both parties strongly consider my offer for settlement and stop attempting to make contact with myself or anyone at the address that has been used for correspondence. I have also contacted Coventry University and requested that the issue be dealt with internally.

I hope you find this letter a suitable resolution to the issue.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Sep 16, 9:38 AM
    • 10,952 Posts
    • 16,332 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 13th Sep 16, 9:38 AM
    • 13th Sep 16, 9:38 AM
    I've tried to make this firm, fair and reasonable, I read the notes of one case where offering £10 as a reasonable settlement came up in their favour too and thought since I had missed the appeal this may help with that.
    could any one offer any advice?
    Who? DRP accepted a tenner to settle?

Complete waste of energy in my view. They have no interest in the rights or wrongs of the situation. They are a profit making organisation and offering to pay just their disbursements to date, with no margin for them, will result in only one outcome.

If you are to follow your plan above, come back and utterly amaze us!
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 13th Sep 16, 9:47 AM
    • 5,561 Posts
    • 4,268 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 13th Sep 16, 9:47 AM
    • 13th Sep 16, 9:47 AM
    Some reading

• You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Connor1234
    • By Connor1234 13th Sep 16, 10:27 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 67 Thanks
    Connor1234
    Who? DRP accepted a tenner to settle?

Complete waste of energy in my view. They have no interest in the rights or wrongs of the situation. They are a profit making organisation and offering to pay just their disbursements to date, with no margin for them, will result in only one outcome.

If you are to follow your plan above, come back and utterly amaze us!
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    Since I never appealed I want to make contact so that I'm not taken to court in hope of me missing the letter and them getting a default. I believe the £10 reimbursement is reasonable but from reading about UKPC and DRP I am fully aware and don't expect them to accept it, it's a preventative measure of sorts.

I Intent to send an email and if you can offer any advice I'd appreciate it.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Sep 16, 11:34 AM
    • 10,952 Posts
    • 16,332 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    This won't stop this getting to court (if they - UKPC, not DRP - decide to go down that route).

What defence would you rely on in court? Presumably that you have no liability for the charge. So if you assert you have no liability, then anything sent to you claiming that you do have should be rejected, the sender of any mail in this regard would have to shoulder the responsibility of the costs of their speculative invoicing.

If you're going to offer to pay for, ostensibly, their error, how do you think that will play out in court. Think about it.

Once you start offering anything to a debt crawler they will work on the basis that you are showing signs of weakness by being prepared to pay something - and will press you even harder.

Let us know how it goes if you continue with your plan.
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Sep 16, 5:17 PM
    • 40,322 Posts
    • 52,165 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Shortly after the issue of an invoice from a UKPC 'employee' warden, I was made aware of the 'PCN', as the registered keeper of the car and knowing the payment WAS made by the driver, I requested the CCTV of the car park from the Coventry University Protection Service. This request was once denied over the phone and I was then told via email that a technical error had prevented this footage from being retrieved. Therefore, if UKPC/DRP do in fact have a copy of this footage I would suggest that following the driver of XXXX XXX on video from the car to the ticket machine should suffice as evidence that payment was in fact made. And of course, release of such data to you as a third party would be a serious breach of the Data Protection Act. So please confirm - do you or UKPC hold CCTV images and who supplied and when? I will of course make a complaint to the Information Commissioner if images of the driver and/or my car have been shared, stored or processed by you or UKPC.
    Finish your email by adding a 'Section 10 Notice' statement about the DPA and giving them 21 days to remove your data from their (UKPC and DRPlus) systems. To find that wording, search this forum board for 'Section 10 DPA 21 days'.

It is up to you if you make an offer but I do not see why you should, if the driver paid & displayed...you owe nothing.

Last edited by Coupon-mad; 13-09-2016 at 5:20 PM.

• Connor1234
    • By Connor1234 13th Sep 16, 11:45 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 67 Thanks
    Connor1234

Finish your email by adding a 'Section 10 Notice' statement about the DPA and giving them 21 days to remove your data from their (UKPC and DRPlus) systems. To find that wording, search this forum board for 'Section 10 DPA 21 days'.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    I've found the wording for this on the forums but only on posts about cases in scotland, am I still OK to use this as the case is in England?

Also reading about Section 10 of the DPA, do I have to provide evidence of distress being caused by their usage of my details?

It is up to you if you make an offer but I do not see why you should, if the driver paid & displayed...you owe nothing.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    I saw that offering settlement worked in favour of a driver in a case, howeverI do agree that it somewhat waters down the letter so will remove it for now.

Once again thank you for your help.
    • Connor1234
    • By Connor1234 15th Sep 16, 4:54 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 67 Thanks
    Connor1234
    Did a load of reading about the DPA and Section 10 notices, I've compiled a letter I believe is pretty good. My section 10 is compliant with all the requirements to make it successful so hopefully, maybe, just maybe UKPC will give up (I even amused myself a little there)

Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing to you regarding your letters requesting collection of perceived ‘debt’ on behalf of UKPC for an accused breach of contract by the driver of XXXX XXX on the 3rd February 2016 in the Gulson Road Car Park adjacent to Coventry University.

As the vehicle’s registered keeper I write to formally dispute this PCN and to assert my right to insist you cease and desist with processing my data as you have no lawful cause to store or use it, I deny any wrong doing, parking was fully paid by the driver and UKPC incurred no losses. I have received your letters which are designed to scare me into payment despite, as proven in this letter, you have no grounds to believe that I owe you money. As I do not permanently reside at the address stated my post is opened by a family member and your persistent contact is causing un-needed distress to this family member who has a chronic disease.

On this date, the driver of XXXX XXX parking paid to the correct cost of £2, UKPC incurred no perceived or actual financial loss. I have both the ticket and the card receipt for this transaction which you can find attached, I also have both a bank statement to reinforce this and the card referenced on the receipt.

The images provided by UKPC are of poor quality and are ambiguous, the glare on the windscreen from the sky and reflections on water drops make the images unclear and nearly impossible to gain any meaningful interpretation from. UKPCs history of doctoring images also serves to discredit these already poor quality images.

I was made aware of the PCN, as the registered keeper of the car and knowing the payment WAS made by the driver I requested the CCTV of the car park from the Coventry University Protection Service to use as evidence, this request was once denied over the phone and I was then told via email that a technical error had prevented this footage from being retrieved. If UKPC/DRP do in fact have a copy of this footage I would suggest that following the driver of XXXX XXX on video from the car to the ticket machine should suffice as evidence that payment was in fact made.

I firmly believe that as the registered keeper of XXXX XXX I owe no money to UKPC or DRP and the driver on the day is clear of any wrongdoing. I have complained to the land owner and I am also in talks with Coventry University and have requested that the issue be dealt with internally.

As per the DPA I am sending you a section 10 notice. I do not consent to UKPC, DRP or any of your agents storing or processing my details. The processing of my details is entirely unnecessary in contractual terms, even if there had been a contract the driver complied entirely and as my car is no longer on UKPC managed land this contract is over. However, I dispute whether a valid contract was ever agreed as signage was inadequate, unclear and over head height. UKPC are not under any legal obligation to process my data and UKPC have absolutely no reason to believe that processing my data is necessary to protect my vital interests. You must consider this a Section 10 Notice under the DPA. I expect to hear no more about it, save for your confirmation within 21 days, that you have complied with the DPA requirement to cease processing my data and that of my vehicle and to delete the information from your records. Should you fail to comply with this request I will strongly consider taking legal action against UKPC as this Section 10 request is entirely compliant with Schedule 2 of the DPA. Thank you for your cooperation.

regards, Connor

What do you think, I'm quite proud!
    Last edited by Connor1234; 15-09-2016 at 5:30 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Sep 16, 1:45 PM
    • 40,322 Posts
    • 52,165 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    You can be proud of that work of art!

• Connor1234
    • By Connor1234 28th Sep 16, 11:20 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 67 Thanks
    Connor1234
    DRP got back to me, no prizes for guessing they said no!
    This is their reply, I'm struggling to work out if it's an auto rejection letter or something actually tailored to me? It's a tad long so I've cut out all the payment details etc, which are no use in this instance.

Thank you for your email regarding the above Parking Charge Notice (PCN).

The time to challenge the charge has now expired and therefore access to the Independent Appeals Service (if applicable) is no longer available.

However, in order to resolve this matter, I will offer the following comments as to why this PCN was correctly issued and is still payable.

My findings

The site in question is subject to terms and conditions, which are stated on signs throughout the area. Those signs state that all vehicles must be parked in an authorised manner.

On the date in question, the vehicle was parked in an unauthorised manner and a PCN was correctly and legitimately issued.

Please find photographic evidence attached.

Legitimacy

I would like to make clear that Debt Recovery Plus Ltd is a legitimate debt recovery company (registered with Companies House) and we are members of the British Parking Association (BPA) and the International Parking Community (IPC). Furthermore, we are enrolled on the Data Protection Register (Reg No: Z1583570) and, as such, are authorised to request and handle the information in our possession.

Company Number: 6774150
    Data Protection Number: Z1583570
    Registered keeper liability

As you failed to provide the driver’s/hirer’s contact details within the stipulated timeframe, liability now rests with the registered keeper of the vehicle (see section “More Information” for a detailed explanation).

What you need to do now

Please ensure that £140.00 is paid by 12/10/2016.

What will happen if you do not pay what you owe

If the amount is not paid by the date shown above, we will recommend to our client that court action be taken by them to recover the outstanding balance.

What if you do not agree

Although any correspondence that does not provide further evidence will be noted and retained, I cannot guarantee that we will reply to it.

More information

This parking charge has been issued under the terms of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012. To comply with that act, we may need to write to you at specified times until the account is settled.
    In accordance with page 20 of the Department for Transport’s guidance on Section 56 and Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012: Recovery of Unpaid Parking Charges, the alleged driver’s details have to be provided within 28 days of the notice to keeper alongside a serviceable address for the driver (i.e. within the legal jurisdiction of where the contravention occurred [England and Wales]). If both of these conditions are not met, the liability cannot be passed on and will remain with the registered keeper. As you failed to provide the above within the stipulated timeframe, liability now rests with you as the registered keeper of the vehicle.
    Payment Methods

Kind Regards"
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 28th Sep 16, 11:37 AM
    • 36,409 Posts
    • 73,193 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    More information

This parking charge has been issued under the terms of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012. To comply with that act, we may need to write to you at specified times until the account is settled.
    In accordance with page 20 of the Department for Transport’s guidance on Section 56 and Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012: Recovery of Unpaid Parking Charges, the alleged driver’s details have to be provided within 28 days of the notice to keeper alongside a serviceable address for the driver (i.e. within the legal jurisdiction of where the contravention occurred [England and Wales]). If both of these conditions are not met, the liability cannot be passed on and will remain with the registered keeper. As you failed to provide the above within the stipulated timeframe, liability now rests with you as the registered keeper of the vehicle.
    Payment Methods

Kind Regards"
    The bit I have highlighted in blue is irrelevant as this alleged event occurred on private land. This is misrepresentation of authority.

The bit I have highlighted in bold is a blatant lie. The driver's details may be requested, but they do not have to be given. Any legitimate company would know this.

Complaints should be made about these statements as well as their failure to act on your section 10 request.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 28-09-2016 at 11:42 AM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Connor1234
    • By Connor1234 28th Sep 16, 12:00 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 67 Thanks
    Connor1234
    The bit I have highlighted in blue is irrelevant as this alleged event occurred on private land. This is misrepresentation of authority.

The bit I have highlighted in bold is a blatant lie. The driver's details may be requested, but they do not have to be given. Any legitimate company would know this.

Complaints should be made about these statements as well as their failure to act on your section 10 request.
    Originally posted by Fruitcake
    Oh wow, that's fantastic, complaints to DRP themselves or to the BPA and a Debt Recovery Authority?
    • Connor1234
    • By Connor1234 16th Oct 16, 7:09 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 67 Thanks
    Connor1234
    Back again, about to reply to DRPs email.

"I'm unsure if this is simply an automated response but I am disappointed with your reply for the following reasons.

1. Your reply makes absolutely no reference whatsoever to my Section 10 notice, despite the fact you are required by the data protection act to give response in 21 days. I find your email vague and as there is no reference to my Section 10 notice I am not satisfied that you have met the requirements of Section 10 of the DPA, which as you stated yourself, as a member of Data Protection Register you would be expected to know this.

2. Your reply cites "page 20 of the Department for Transport’s guidance on Section 56 and Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012". This only applies to Authorities such as the council, police etc. This is an unacceptable misrepresentation of authority.Your efforts to deceive only serve to further strengthen my case in a Section 10 request.

I have complained to the BPA, the ICO and Coventry University (Landowner)."

Does this sound OK? have I missed anything?

Thanks in advance
    £10 a day Oct 2016: £167.75/£310
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 16th Oct 16, 7:54 PM
    • 36,409 Posts
    • 73,193 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Back again, about to reply to DRPs email.

"I'm unsure if this is simply an automated response but I am disappointed with your reply for the following reasons.

1. Your reply makes absolutely no reference whatsoever to my Section 10 notice, despite the fact you are required by the data protection act to give response in 21 days. I find your email vague and as there is no reference to my Section 10 notice I am not satisfied that you have met the requirements of Section 10 of the DPA, which as you stated yourself, as a member of Data Protection Register you would be expected to know this.

2. Your reply cites "page 20 of the Department for Transport’s guidance on Section 56 and Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012". This only applies to Authorities such as the council, police etc. This is an unacceptable misrepresentation of authority.Your efforts to deceive only serve to further strengthen my case in a Section 10 request.

I have complained to the BPA, the ICO and Coventry University (Landowner)."

Does this sound OK? have I missed anything?

Thanks in advance
    Yes. You have missed the bit about them saying you HAVE to give them the driver's details. This is not correct. It is in fact a lie.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,627Posts Today

7,223Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's not fair or accurate to assign all leave voters (nor remainers) one voice. The vote may have been binary but t? https://t.co/QMqKrfY1jv

• That's cos the UK voted for Brexit. The choice now unless something radical happens is what type. (Plus twitter o? https://t.co/SLmh2jL4bU

• Todays twitter poll: The lib dem leader says more people now want soft brexit (ie still in single market etc) than hard - what do you want?

• Follow Martin