Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Timeliegh
    • By Timeliegh 8th Sep 16, 2:37 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Timeliegh
    Tower road, Newquay, Again..
    • 8th Sep 16, 2:37 PM
    Tower road, Newquay, Again.. 8th Sep 16 at 2:37 PM
    Hi All -

Just a quick one - hoping for an some experienced advice on whether or not its worth me pursuing a popla appeal.

So holiday in Cornwall = visited the tower road car park 3 times - two of which resulted in a fine.

I paid for the 8am - 6pm
    I arrived at 11am on both occasions and left at 7, and thought that if I paid for the 8am to 6pm that would give me the equivalent in hours - in hindsight this was naive and stupid but that's all I have.
    I'm not one for enjoying fines, so please believe me when I say I really did think the 8 - 6 would give me the equivalent hours.
    In Newcastle - parking tariffs leave nothing to the imagination - it just seems they have left theirs open to interpretation so - people fall into this trap - or I could just be me lol.

So I have already appealed to PE with a template from here, And now I'm at the point where I either need to pay the the reduce fine or appeal further.
    If its pointless me appealing to POPLA I would rather pay the reduced fine and be done with it. But if you think I could appeal successfully I would go all the way.

Thanks for your time, and I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

Tim
    Last edited by Timeliegh; 08-09-2016 at 3:06 PM.
Page 2
    • Timeliegh
    • By Timeliegh 22nd Sep 16, 2:52 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Timeliegh
    Lol my draft no is too long to post - I've made all the amendments and added a final point regarding the planning permission?

Is it time to submit my POPLA appeal now
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd Sep 16, 3:15 PM
    • 38,201 Posts
    • 49,668 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    OK save it as a PDF and put it under 'OTHER' making sure it uploads & shows as a little 'bin' icon. Don't answer questions in any other POPLA boxes.
    PCN in a private car park in England/Wales? DON'T PAY IT BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

USE THE 'FORUM JUMP' ON RIGHT, GO TO THE PARKING TICKETS FORUM. READ THE 'NEWBIES' THREAD.
    Do NOT read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Timeliegh
    • By Timeliegh 23rd Sep 16, 3:33 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Timeliegh
    Awesome will do.

Just for interest I received this of the cornwall council planning dept

Hi Mr Leigh,

Thanks for your e-mail below, I can’t locate anything within our system for this. If it was something you wanted enforcement to investigate you would need to fill in their enforcement form, I will attach a link to the website below:

http://www.cornwall.gov.uk/environment-and-planning/planning/enforcement/

Regards,

Emma
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

288Posts Today

1,504Users online

Martin's Twitter