Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Roxy07
    • By Roxy07 7th Sep 16, 3:41 PM
    • 462Posts
    • 195Thanks
    Roxy07
    Rejected From Nightclub As I'm On My Own?
    • 7th Sep 16, 3:41 PM
    Rejected From Nightclub As I'm On My Own? 7th Sep 16 at 3:41 PM
    I'm just moved into a new city and don't know anyone.. so trying to get to know people and I thought a nightclub was an ideal place as people go there to meet people duh!

Well I got rejected from going in as I was on my own the bouncer just said "not tonight!" are they allowed to discriminate like that? I thought it was a public place?

How do I go about meeting people then if I'm not allowed to do things on my own? surely this isn't right? I feel awful that I can't go on and have a good time to be around people my own age..

I know loads of people who go to nightclubs on their own when they move to a new place.. it's how you build up a network !

I mean most friends get lost from each other in a nightclub anyway.
Page 2
    • baby_lemonade
    • By baby_lemonade 8th Sep 16, 2:44 PM
    • 396 Posts
    • 816 Thanks
    baby_lemonade
    FWIW, many clubs here regard single punters as potential drug dealers or other kinds of iffy "professional" and don't want them working their place.
    Originally posted by pogofish
    Hence my mentioning the Gentlemens Club next door and people asking OP what she was wearing. (I am assuming 'Roxy' is a she!)
    • Spinkz
    • By Spinkz 8th Sep 16, 3:13 PM
    • 1,665 Posts
    • 3,812 Thanks
    Spinkz
    They probably thought she was shifting chems
    Like a boss
    • szam_
    • By szam_ 8th Sep 16, 3:21 PM
    • 609 Posts
    • 567 Thanks
    szam_
    haha that happened to someone I know. In a group they stopped one person and wouldn't let him in. He asked why not as they were letting the rest of the group in and they just turned round and told him its because he's ugly
    Originally posted by indesisiv
    I was implementing till systems in a long project for a Nightclub/Bar/Restaurant in London - it was owed by a billionaire or something.

Anyway, apparently their door policy for Friday and Saturday nights was:

- Female and deemed good looking? Get in free.
    - Female and deemed not good looking enough? Pay a tenner.
    - Male? Pay a tenner

The exception to the last one was if you were loaded - then you were seating with the other VIP's and were allowed as many people as you like.

Surprised they didn't charge me a tenner to supervise the opening couple of nights with the new system. I don't deem myself as good looking and I can't have been doing much in the way of looking completely out of place by standing around observing the systems/fixing any issues/assisting with any problems.

If I didn't look out of place, I certainly felt it.
    XBL: xSzam

• Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 8th Sep 16, 7:46 PM
    • 719 Posts
    • 1,428 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Hold on a minute. I have just read your thread stating you are not a drinker or a nightclub person Roxy.
    I am now confused.com
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • lush walrus
    • By lush walrus 8th Sep 16, 8:16 PM
    • 1,711 Posts
    • 1,252 Thanks
    lush walrus
    haha that happened to someone I know. In a group they stopped one person and wouldn't let him in. He asked why not as they were letting the rest of the group in and they just turned round and told him its because he's ugly
    Originally posted by indesisiv
    Going a bit off topic now but years back we often went to a club night called billion dollar babes, the club was run by Models1 so was really run by the agency and full of the models. Anyway the door was run by davina McCall (she was then a Booker for the agency) and a man dressed as a clown. Anyway to get in you had to queue and more importantly be inspected by the clown and DM. If your look wasn't good enough, or you were unattractive they would litterally shame you out of the queue while friends went in. Thankfully we were never dragged out and somehow passed their inspections. To this day I remember the butterflies of seeing them approach your bit of the queue to assess you.

Sorry way off topic!
    • HiToAll
    • By HiToAll 8th Sep 16, 10:15 PM
    • 620 Posts
    • 879 Thanks
    HiToAll
    Jesus nightclubs are the last place you'd want to meet people. Yeah for 1 night everyone will be your
    mate and 'i fu**ing love you i do!!!!!' but the next day you'll be forgotten.
    Originally posted by LKRDN_Morgan
    What are 'Jesus nightclubs'? Is that were all the god botherers go on their night off?
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 8th Sep 16, 10:38 PM
    • 24,002 Posts
    • 12,457 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    I think They can turn anyone away for whatever reason they like. Perhaps try walking up to the door close to a group of people who are going in. They wont be able to tell that you aren't with that group of people.
    • Sparhawke
    • By Sparhawke 22nd Sep 16, 6:44 AM
    • 1,369 Posts
    • 2,315 Thanks
    Sparhawke
    I'm just moved into a new city and don't know anyone.. so trying to get to know people and I thought a nightclub was an ideal place as people go there to meet people duh!

Well I got rejected from going in as I was on my own the bouncer just said "not tonight!" are they allowed to discriminate like that? I thought it was a public place?

How do I go about meeting people then if I'm not allowed to do things on my own? surely this isn't right? I feel awful that I can't go on and have a good time to be around people my own age..

I know loads of people who go to nightclubs on their own when they move to a new place.. it's how you build up a network !

I mean most friends get lost from each other in a nightclub anyway.
    Originally posted by Roxy07
    They have quotas.

Just like they leave men queuing for hours while letting women bypass the velvet ropes (so there are more women than men obviously) they will also unlikely let you in if you are fat, ugly or old...or all three.

Cruel but true.
    "Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good Luck" - The Doctor.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,544Posts Today

8,018Users online

Martin's Twitter