Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Nick
    • By MSE Nick 7th Sep 16, 1:36 PM
    • 218Posts
    • 66Thanks
    MSE Nick
    MSE News: Apple announces iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus here's what they'll cost
    • 7th Sep 16, 1:36 PM
    MSE News: Apple announces iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus here's what they'll cost 7th Sep 16 at 1:36 PM
    Apple has tonight revealed its new iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, which go on sale in the UK on September 16, with new features such as water and dust resistance and beefed up dual rear cameras. You'll be able to pre-order them from 9 September...
    Read the full story:
    'Apple announces iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus – here's what they'll cost'

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
    Last edited by MSE Nick; 07-09-2016 at 9:09 PM.
Page 2
    • lee111s
    • By lee111s 8th Sep 16, 1:25 PM
    • 2,463 Posts
    • 1,750 Thanks
    lee111s
    Next year is the 10th anniversary of the iPhone. You're right that in every two years Apple has launched a full new design of phone, either changing size or general housing, the 7 is the exact same size and housing as the 6 and 6s.
    All the rumour sites (that got the details of the 7 pretty much nailed on) are talking about next year being a special launch because of the previously mentioned 10th year. They might do away with the screen or battery on it...
    Originally posted by wba31

And therein lies the issue.

The reason they got the details nailed on is because the chiese workers who are paid poorly risk stealing parts and taking photos during the build process which starts many, many months before apple even thinm about releasing the phone.

At the moment, all the "information" about a re-design is pure heresay.
    • rhysadams
    • By rhysadams 8th Sep 16, 2:55 PM
    • 141 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    rhysadams
    Unfortunately I'll be buying one! Although not decided whether to buy it outright or to do the iPhone purchase plan
    • the_gaffa
    • By the_gaffa 8th Sep 16, 5:22 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    the_gaffa
    Iphone Payments?
    Yeah I'm getting one too but unsure about payment plan vs paying outright. From what i can tell there are 2 options if paying with instalments:

1) Upgrade programme
    2) iPhone Payments

Both are 0% interest, both split the price over 20 months. The only difference so far as I can tell is that Upgrade programme REQUIRES you to buy AppleCare+ (which I don't really want)

The upside is that after 11 repayments you can upgrade tot he latest iPhone and the plan resets (I assume you return the phone?). If you choose not to, you just continue to the end of the plan (20 months) and keep the phone.

The 'iPhone Payments' plan to me seems like a no-brainer - 0% over 20 months - why not?
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 8th Sep 16, 7:52 PM
    • 1,707 Posts
    • 689 Thanks
    20aday
    Yeah I'm getting one too but unsure about payment plan vs paying outright. From what i can tell there are 2 options if paying with instalments:

1) Upgrade programme
    2) iPhone Payments

Both are 0% interest, both split the price over 20 months. The only difference so far as I can tell is that Upgrade programme REQUIRES you to buy AppleCare+ (which I don't really want)

The upside is that after 11 repayments you can upgrade tot he latest iPhone and the plan resets (I assume you return the phone?). If you choose not to, you just continue to the end of the plan (20 months) and keep the phone.

The 'iPhone Payments' plan to me seems like a no-brainer - 0% over 20 months - why not?
    Originally posted by the_gaffa
    You can opt out of purchasing Apple Care with the Upgrade Program but your payment plan runs for the full 20 months then (unless you settle the loan early).

You are right in assuming to upgrade in month 11 that the handset needs to be returned to Apple.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your account conduct and credit history.
    • Kite2010
    • By Kite2010 8th Sep 16, 8:28 PM
    • 4,074 Posts
    • 3,473 Thanks
    Kite2010
    The new Lightning connected earphones are included.

The adaptor is also included with every iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus. No separate purchase necessary.
    Originally posted by TadleyBaggie
    Until the adaptor breaks or is misplaced, when you will be forking out some extra money for a 'licensed' replacement. As Apple will probably make sure any unlicensed products won't work properly with their lightning socket

But then again Uncle Apple knows best, such as the 'quality' of the standard earphones on a regular model being worse than the quality from a 1 pair of earphones from Poundland, leaking more than a block of Swiss Cheese used as flood defence
    • applepad
    • By applepad 9th Sep 16, 9:02 AM
    • 288 Posts
    • 794 Thanks
    applepad
    Ok so it's ready to pre order at the Apple Store, but when do you think John Lewis or Giff Gaff will get some stock?

I have a 4s which I have had for 5 years and it's not happy, so need to get a new phone soon.
    • ShivT26
    • By ShivT26 17th Oct 16, 2:14 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ShivT26
    Has anyone successfully been approved for the loan through the Apple store? The MSE article indicated that they would update it when they understood what the lending criteria is....but haven't seen an update on this mater yet.
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 17th Oct 16, 5:28 PM
    • 1,532 Posts
    • 398 Thanks
    AndyPK
    Ok so it's ready to pre order at the Apple Store, but when do you think John Lewis or Giff Gaff will get some stock?

I have a 4s which I have had for 5 years and it's not happy, so need to get a new phone soon.
    Originally posted by applepad
    Have a look an the SE
    • ididntgetwhereiamtoday
    • By ididntgetwhereiamtoday 17th Oct 16, 6:16 PM
    • 813 Posts
    • 663 Thanks
    ididntgetwhereiamtoday
    I got my 7 from JL no probs. It depends what model you want but I've found JL have better stocks.
    I didn't get where i am today by not reading moneysavingexpert.com
    • Ryanflynn
    • By Ryanflynn 24th Oct 16, 6:17 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ryanflynn
    iPhone lovers look very satisfied and happy with new features in iPhone 7 but still few people in different countries facing issue of overheating in latest models. Hope Apple ready to take new challenges and try to sort out this problem soon.
    • Mister G
    • By Mister G 24th Oct 16, 6:24 PM
    • 187 Posts
    • 137 Thanks
    Mister G
    iPhone lovers look very satisfied and happy with new features in iPhone 7 but still few people in different countries facing issue of overheating in latest models. Hope Apple ready to take new challenges and try to sort out this problem soon.
    Originally posted by Ryanflynn
    You might want to remove your full home address from your profile.
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 25th Oct 16, 10:26 AM
    • 2,449 Posts
    • 628 Thanks
    Anthorn
    Have a look an the SE
    Originally posted by AndyPK
    I actually downgraded from a 6s to an SE 64gb to get much the same power and features in a smaller 5 size. The problem I had was that I wanted the gold colour which was out of stock and not likely to be in stock for some time except at Argos, my nearest Apple Store in Cambridge and the Apple online store. I bought mine from the Apple online store because it was a tenner cheaper.

Back to the article and the 7 having iOS 10 is a mute point because most current models can upgrade to iOS 10. Even my little SE upgraded to iOS 10.

The Apple upgrade program is actually a pretty good deal and comparable in price to contract deals of the older model 6s for example from Carphone Warehouse with their 6s 32GB for the price of 16GB deal. The upgrade program doesn't help me though unless there is to be an SEs or SE+ etc.
    Lloyds Bank Platinum 10.9%
    Amex Platinum Cashback Everyday 22.9%
    The American Express Card
    Natwest Reward
    Rainy day fund - target 3000 - latest total 3050
    Average total credit limit used = 36% (Xmas!)
    • Ryanflynn
    • By Ryanflynn 25th Oct 16, 7:40 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ryanflynn
    As your wish Mister G.. Thanks to aware me about this.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,153Posts Today

5,971Users online

Martin's Twitter