Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • aleks1244
    • By aleks1244 6th Sep 16, 8:15 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 1Thanks
    aleks1244
    Parking ticket in own bay No Permit - appeal rejected
    • 6th Sep 16, 8:15 PM
    Parking ticket in own bay No Permit - appeal rejected 6th Sep 16 at 8:15 PM
    Hello,

I rent a flat in a 2012 built estate, and I have a parking space with the flat, and a valid permit however one day when leaving early in the morning to work I have found a pcn behinde the wipers, I was leaving at 7am and the pcn was from 06.19am on the 03/09/16. The reason for the sign is because I have not clearly displayed my permit. Usually the permit is stuck to the window, however I had my windscreen replaced about a month ago and I had it loose on the dashboard, I think it dropped because of the wind as i closed the door the day before and then i closed the windows with my key. It dropped on the gears if you look closely on the picture you can see the corner of the permit.

I have lived in the estate for 11 months now and never had any problems with pcns, I have sent back a letter saying i have a contract , and a valid permit, explained to them what happened however they have rejected my appeal stating -

thank you for your correspondence regarding the above pcn, i have considered your case carefully and have decided to reject your appeal on the following grounds -

You parked in a manner whereby you agreed to pay a charge, the parking attendant recorded that the vehicle was parked without a valid permit.

parking control are contracted to manage the parking within this area and the parking charge notice has been issued in accordance with this parking management scheme. the signage is in the area and it is clear and inform motorist of the restrictions the parking is managed under that enforcement action will be taken for parking in this manner.

The restrictions require that a valid permit is displayed at all times where that is a pcm resident permit visitors or contractors. it is not disputed that you hold a valid permit, however if this is not displayed in the vehicle the operative is unable to determine whether they are permited to park here, it is the drivers responsibility to ensure the permit is visible and secure prior to leaving the vehicle unattended , as no permit was displayed in the car it was therefore liable to enforcement action.

-----------------------------------------

When you leave my estate you have a main estate road, and two cars were parked there over night and it does state that you are not allowed to park there aswell, i have taken pictures as evidence why do i get a fine in my own bay if there is no bays on the main road, if i knew i would have left it on the main road. Im sure he passed the vehicles why did he not pc them?

is there anything i can do?

please help as im lost now, it was a one off i have never received any type of fine before so im angry it was for parking in my own estate.

the comapny is called parking controll managment uk ltd

the also are with dmuk and ipc
    Last edited by aleks1244; 16-10-2016 at 11:15 AM. Reason: mistake !
Page 2
    • Parking-Prankster
    • By Parking-Prankster 16th Oct 16, 10:40 AM
    • 303 Posts
    • 1,124 Thanks
    Parking-Prankster
    They are members of the CSA and so holdable to account there. If they start telling fibs you can complain to the CSA
    Hi, we’ve approved your signature. It's awesome. Please email the forum team if you want more praise - MSE ForumTeam
    • aleks1244
    • By aleks1244 16th Oct 16, 10:57 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    aleks1244
    hahaha thanks for all the info!

I will wait and see what happens
    • Asha17
    • By Asha17 9th Dec 16, 11:01 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Asha17
    Secure Space ltd
    Hi guys ,

Reading all these posts I decided to write my comment.
    I got ticket from this company and when appealed with proof of address,copy of permit which I have for past 8 years living under this address they refused to cancel their penalty chargE. ( the reason was that I didn't display on that day as my car was in garage and forgot to put it back. In 8 years this one time all here we go. Whatever proof I would send ,they wouldn't accept my apeal.
    Therefore I started to research and found this .please please give me some advice . Thank u in advance !
    • greatgimpo
    • By greatgimpo 9th Dec 16, 11:09 PM
    • 653 Posts
    • 859 Thanks
    greatgimpo
    Start a new thread and go from there, it's confusing hijacking an old one.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Dec 16, 11:12 PM
    • 40,629 Posts
    • 52,498 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Hi guys ,

Reading all these posts I decided to write my comment.
    I got ticket from this company and when appealed with proof of address,copy of permit which I have for past 8 years living under this address they refused to cancel their penalty chargE. ( the reason was that I didn't display on that day as my car was in garage and forgot to put it back. In 8 years this one time all here we go. Whatever proof I would send ,they wouldn't accept my apeal.
    Therefore I started to research and found this .please please give me some advice . Thank u in advance !
    Originally posted by Asha17
    See my signature for where to click at the top of this page, and the thread to read first.

PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

282Posts Today

1,777Users online

Martin's Twitter