Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rhysadams
    • By rhysadams 5th Sep 16, 11:58 AM
    • 197Posts
    • 47Thanks
    rhysadams
    Can you turn voicemail off on Three
    • 5th Sep 16, 11:58 AM
    Can you turn voicemail off on Three 5th Sep 16 at 11:58 AM
    I've had my number for years and seem to get bombarded by automated messages saying I've been in car crashes and that I need to reclaim by PPI.

As I don't answer these and my iPhone allows me to block some of the numbers, it goes to my voicemail.

Is there a way of turning the voicemail off on Three? I've tried a few key commands but its still there? Not willing to call customer services as it usually takes me 30 minutes to do anything as they always try and sell me ipads and additional phones.
Page 1
    • thefirs
    • By thefirs 5th Sep 16, 2:03 PM
    • 663 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    thefirs
    • 5th Sep 16, 2:03 PM
    • 5th Sep 16, 2:03 PM
    I've been with Three until recently and had to call them to switch off voicemail. There doesn't seem to be a short text option or phone setting, and their website says the same. http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBISAPI.DLL?Command=New,Kb=Mobile,Ts=Mobile,T=Art icle,varset_cat=callsemails,varset_subcat=3794,Cas e=obj(3354)
    • J B
    • By J B 5th Sep 16, 3:06 PM
    • 2,204 Posts
    • 706 Thanks
    J B
    • 5th Sep 16, 3:06 PM
    • 5th Sep 16, 3:06 PM
    Not willing to call customer services as it usually takes me 30 minutes to do anything as they always try and sell me ipads and additional phones.
    Originally posted by rhysadams
    Looks like you're snookered than!

I've been with Three until recently and had to call them to switch off voicemail.
    Originally posted by thefirs
    I did it too, it was a painless process.

Try it!
    • boatman
    • By boatman 5th Sep 16, 5:36 PM
    • 3,291 Posts
    • 2,320 Thanks
    boatman
    • 5th Sep 16, 5:36 PM
    • 5th Sep 16, 5:36 PM
    Cal them to turn it off, no other way.

For IDmobile which use the same network, you can't turn it off.
    • Hedgehog99
    • By Hedgehog99 5th Sep 16, 5:57 PM
    • 1,254 Posts
    • 2,595 Thanks
    Hedgehog99
    • 5th Sep 16, 5:57 PM
    • 5th Sep 16, 5:57 PM
    It's stupid that you have to call them. I've never set up my voicemail because I don't want it and yet someone was able to leave me a message which I couldn't access. I just warn everyone not to leave messages.

I did try to set it up so that I could then turn it off, but it expected me to speak my name - I don't want to give my name in my voicemail greeting.
    • J B
    • By J B 5th Sep 16, 10:31 PM
    • 2,204 Posts
    • 706 Thanks
    J B
    • 5th Sep 16, 10:31 PM
    • 5th Sep 16, 10:31 PM
    I did try to set it up so that I could then turn it off, but it expected me to speak my name - I don't want to give my name in my voicemail greeting.
    Originally posted by Hedgehog99
    Well, your name is Hedgehog99 on here - as that's obviously your real name, maybe you could invent one for the voice-mail perhaps???

• username
    • By username 7th Sep 16, 12:37 AM
    • 416 Posts
    • 145 Thanks
    username
    • 7th Sep 16, 12:37 AM
    • 7th Sep 16, 12:37 AM
    You can turn it off without calling three by cancelling the divert to voicemail. Try typing ##002# into the phone and then calling it. This should cancel all diverts, so the voicemail will no longer kick in if you don't get to the phone in time, or if it's switched off/unavailable. If anyone calls when the latter is the condition, they'll get a message saying the phone is unavailable.
    • alanwsg
    • By alanwsg 7th Sep 16, 8:55 AM
    • 501 Posts
    • 213 Thanks
    alanwsg
    • 7th Sep 16, 8:55 AM
    • 7th Sep 16, 8:55 AM
    You can turn it off without calling three by cancelling the divert to voicemail. Try typing ##002# into the phone and then calling it. This should cancel all diverts, so the voicemail will no longer kick in if you don't get to the phone in time, or if it's switched off/unavailable. If anyone calls when the latter is the condition, they'll get a message saying the phone is unavailable.
    Originally posted by username
    Just tried that, didn't work....
    After dialling ##002# we got a hopeful looking message, something like 'all call diverts cancelled', but on dialling the phone it rang for about 30 secs then diverted to VM as normal.
    • username
    • By username 8th Sep 16, 9:02 AM
    • 416 Posts
    • 145 Thanks
    username
    • 8th Sep 16, 9:02 AM
    • 8th Sep 16, 9:02 AM
    That's really strange - perhaps 3 have changed their something regarding their voicemails? I did that ages ago when I went travelling and it has stayed off since. I tend to find voicemail a bit useless anyway as people just leave 'call me back' type messages.
    • rhysadams
    • By rhysadams 8th Sep 16, 2:59 PM
    • 197 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    rhysadams
    So... Step one I tried to call ##002# that didn't work but thanks for the suggestion.

Step 2, I have just spoken to three customer services. Apparently, and this is what they are telling me, if I turn off my voicemail my caller ID will no longer work? Doesn't sound right to me!
    • Tony5101
    • By Tony5101 8th Sep 16, 7:10 PM
    • 1,469 Posts
    • 810 Thanks
    Tony5101
    Total rubbish.
    I've been with 3 on and off for years now. All you need to do is call them, tell them to disable the voicemail and it really is as simple as that.
    No issues with caller id etc etc and no annoying voicemail.
    • J B
    • By J B 8th Sep 16, 10:40 PM
    • 2,204 Posts
    • 706 Thanks
    J B
    Step 2, I have just spoken to three customer services. Apparently, and this is what they are telling me, if I turn off my voicemail my caller ID will no longer work? Doesn't sound right to me!
    Originally posted by rhysadams
    Boll0k5!
    I phoned about 18 months ago and my caller ID hasn't been affected!

Total rubbish.
    I've been with 3 on and off for years now. All you need to do is call them, tell them to disable the voicemail and it really is as simple as that.
    No issues with caller id etc etc and no annoying voicemail.
    Originally posted by Tony5101
    Yup - that's what I think too

• peter percent
    • By peter percent 10th Jun 17, 6:09 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    peter percent
    I spent half an hour being ask ed all sorts
    It is a glovebox spare phone
    When did you last top it up? Can't remember
    How much was the top up? Can't remember
    What was the last number you called? Can't remember they should know
    Can you take the phone out of its case remove the back cover take the battery out read the last four digits on the sim with a magnifying glass?
    Huh? Forget it
    • PHK
    • By PHK 11th Jun 17, 7:29 AM
    • 31 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    PHK
    Can you take the phone out of its case remove the back cover take the battery out read the last four digits on the sim with a magnifying glass?
    Huh? Forget it
    Originally posted by peter percent
    Those are security questions, mainly for people who haven't registered. It tries to prevent anyone from phoning up and maliciously making changes to an account. It's something all PAYG providers do and I think it's reasonable as you only need physical access to the phone to see the call log, text message top up acknowledgement etc.
    • sdduk
    • By sdduk 12th Jun 17, 9:22 PM
    • 1,024 Posts
    • 272 Thanks
    sdduk
    Huh? Forget it
    Originally posted by peter percent
    You should of said how can i do that when i am talking to you on the phone.....
    Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody, therefore I am Perfect
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

247Posts Today

1,337Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin