Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MrsTinks
    • By MrsTinks 5th Sep 16, 11:18 AM
    • 14,994Posts
    • 23,028Thanks
    MrsTinks
    I can do this!
    • 5th Sep 16, 11:18 AM
    I can do this! 5th Sep 16 at 11:18 AM
    Hi all,

Some of you may remember me from years ago, I was infact a BG on DFW and a number of other boards for a very very long time

Life got hectic and busy and I ended up stepping down because in part I had lost my MSE motivation a little after probably overdosing on it... Work got manic, my daughter was a toddler and needed a lot of time, we were trying to move house and frankly life got in the way of things!

SO I am back with a vengeance after clicking on a forum post that was shared on the FB page and I've spent too many hours the last few days falling in love with MSE all over again!

This thread will be my personal diary on the way to finally getting DF - it's within reach and I will be honest and say I live a pretty comfortable life right now. There are a LOT of things I could cut back on but I choose not to... these are my personal choices and some (I have an occasional cleaner) are for my sanity due to the long hours I work.
    I have re-joined flylady to minimize my cleaner needs though, but it's something that when I pull 10-12 hour days then my free time will be prioritized for my daughter and not for washing the kitchen cabinets down

So please bear in mind that I know I could be far more brutal in my quest - there is no need to berate me for some of my frivolous luxuries, they are very conscious choices at this stage

That said - I shall go and create my full income and outgoings and post it here later this morning - i may be a while!!

DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's!

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
Page 8
    • MrsTinks
    • By MrsTinks 17th Aug 17, 9:27 AM
    • 14,994 Posts
    • 23,028 Thanks
    MrsTinks
    Apologies for my tardiness - I've been around but lurking as been super work busy...

But ehhh...

As of this morning I'm debt free With a little in the bank too.

SO yeah.... pretty damn good to be quite honest

This weekend will involve a lush bottle of Bolly and some way of treating myself!

*little happy jiggy dance*
    DFW Nerd #025

• redofromstart
    • By redofromstart 17th Aug 17, 9:51 AM
    • 617 Posts
    • 3,498 Thanks
    redofromstart
    ooh congratulations!
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 17th Aug 17, 10:42 AM
    • 3,087 Posts
    • 13,766 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    Congrats MrsTinks!!
    £175/3000 OH BC(94.16% PAID)
    PAID VERY, Barclaycard x2, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID LBM 24/07/15 - Debt: £175/31010.23 (99.43% paid)
    Mortgage - £161,000.00 (2017 O/P £3191.73) PAYDBX 17 #006 - £17,910.81/14,539.71
    • MrsTinks
    • By MrsTinks 17th Aug 17, 2:08 PM
    • 14,994 Posts
    • 23,028 Thanks
    MrsTinks
    Yeah I'm a little chuffed!

Paying off thousands of pounds in one go was a little scary, surreal and also amazing all at once!

I paid everything immediately because I didn't want any temptations! LOL

I will treat myself to a few small things like a River Cottage course and maybe a spa day - all well within my budget ability and as we're not doing a big holiday this year I don't even feel slightly guilty about it

Now it's going to be about savings! (And NOT spending them!!!)
    DFW Nerd #025

• EssexHebridean
    • By EssexHebridean 23rd Aug 17, 4:44 PM
    • 8,214 Posts
    • 43,473 Thanks
    EssexHebridean
    woop! Ace news!
    MORTGAGE FREE 30/09/2016
    Sainsbugs 0% card: 22/12/16 £1229.00/£656.45 (20/11/17)
    SOA Calculator for DFW newbies: Stoozing.com SOA Calculator
    • MrsTinks
    • By MrsTinks 28th Sep 17, 8:16 PM
    • 14,994 Posts
    • 23,028 Thanks
    MrsTinks
    Phew - busy busy busy

Work is busy, I'm putting a bit away in savings which feels lovely, I'm allowing myself to enjoy some hobbies guiltfree and doing things for me for the first time in a long time!

My MSE habits seem strong though as I needed some new clothes and I couldn't help but check everything 5 pounds first LOL I still take more pleasure from getting something at a bargain price than being able to tell people how expensive something is LOL

Hope everyone is doing good too?
    DFW Nerd #025

• EssexHebridean
    • By EssexHebridean 2nd Oct 17, 1:08 PM
    • 8,214 Posts
    • 43,473 Thanks
    EssexHebridean
    at it being tricky shaking off old habits - I think those are precisely the sorts of habits that we don't WANT to shake off!
    MORTGAGE FREE 30/09/2016
    Sainsbugs 0% card: 22/12/16 £1229.00/£656.45 (20/11/17)
    SOA Calculator for DFW newbies: Stoozing.com SOA Calculator
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,844Posts Today

8,947Users online

Martin's Twitter