Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WantToBeSE
    • By WantToBeSE 4th Sep 16, 7:27 PM
    • 6,778Posts
    • 30,548Thanks
    WantToBeSE
    Couch to 5K support thread.
    • 4th Sep 16, 7:27 PM
    Couch to 5K support thread. 4th Sep 16 at 7:27 PM
    I have looked for a similar thread, but they are all over 1 year old, and dead. So i thought I'd start a new one!

I am on a mission to get healthier and fitter.
    In 2010 i gave up smoking, and in Feb 2016 i gave up drinking alcohol. I feel like fitness is my last 'thing'.
    I hate exercise, and am incredibly unfit. I could do with losing 10lbs too.

I am about to start the Couch to 5K programme, does anyone else want to join me? Or has anyone else just started/completed/have experience of doing this?
    3/6 month emergency fund challenge #20
    PODBX17 #122

Debt Free Diary http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5501794

Total debt:
    14/01/2017 £6247.89
    24/02/17 £5623.17

Estimated DFD Jan 2018
Page 32
    • CattyCatX
    • By CattyCatX 8th Jan 18, 12:03 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 283 Thanks
    CattyCatX
    Iíve heard about C25K and attempted it only making it to W4. I was going to a gym before work and found every excuse you can think of after a little while.

Now Iíve got a treadmill at home and Iím going attempt this again determined to see it through. I think I scared myself after attempting W4D1 and struggling with it.
    Originally posted by SamSam17
    Hope you're sticking with it SamSam17!

Today was a milestone for me as I finally (!!) managed 5km A very, very slow 5Km at 37.52 but still! I'd been happy for a few weeks at 4.5km when I had a terrible run on Saturday and only managed 2km before stopping... think it was a combination of being far too hot (sudden one-off temperature surge that morning), too many people around, which made me self-conscious and then, to top it all off, a man pinched my bottom as I ran past!! Anyway, it all knocked my confidence so am doubly pleased to have got out there and done it this morning! WOO! Still debating signing up for the parkrun... I'll be in the area the weekend after next...
    • runningislife
    • By runningislife 11th Jan 18, 9:48 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    runningislife
    Longtime no do a 5k race.

As now I'm training for a 50 miles race.

However, I'd love to help you guys with 5k speed up routine.

Just reply here!!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,231Posts Today

9,773Users online

Martin's Twitter