Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Somerset La La La
    • By Somerset La La La 3rd Sep 16, 11:12 AM
    • 467Posts
    • 147Thanks
    Somerset La La La
    Capital One - 2nd Card
    • 3rd Sep 16, 11:12 AM
    Capital One - 2nd Card 3rd Sep 16 at 11:12 AM
    Hi all

When holding one Cap1 card you can open another once your first card has been open 2 or 4 months (it varies depending where on the site you look!).

To those that applied for the second - did the eligibility checker work & give you a chance of approval (e.g. 50/90/100 etc)?

Or did you just go straight to the page and then 'apply now' (skipping the eligibility check)

Getting a straight answer to whether it will ever work from Cap1 for a 2nd card is like getting blood from a stone. At the moment I fail eligibility on affordability, but am wondering whether I'd get a card if I put it straight through on the apply screen.

Anyone got any experience?

If the eligibility does work for 2nd apps, then I'll wait until that says I'll get one...... if not then it's like waiting for hell to freeze over!
    Ex-Bankrupt, Discharged 09/15
    Capital One - Jul 16, £3,750 Never ending 0%....
    Aqua Reward (£1,950), Vanquis Chrome 24.7% (£1,000) & Asda Start (£600) + Car (£15k)
    Rebuild for Mortgage (10/2018)
Page 6
    • deedee1310
    • By deedee1310 30th Jan 18, 7:23 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    deedee1310
    @Somerset La La La. Where are you seeing the main decline reason in the code?

I ran the eligibility checker on the website and it's told me that I didn't pass the affordability checks. I've just consolidated old and new Cap 1 Classic cards today, so wasn't expecting an approval. I just wanted to see where the decision codes were.

Thanks in advance.

PS. I can see the big "Capital One is hiring" sign too
    • Somerset La La La
    • By Somerset La La La 10th Feb 18, 2:21 PM
    • 467 Posts
    • 147 Thanks
    Somerset La La La
    Pretty sure it's been updated as they've adjusted the quickcheck page with new opt outs etc.

It seems you can request a manual review of your limit though... I'm tempted to ask and see what they say! They used to insist that you were only eligible when they decided you were eligible - although as it's an automated decision I guess under DPA they HAVE to let you appeal

Thank you for your secure message.

I!!!8217;m sorry to hear that your credit limit increase declined online.

One of our underwriting team will be happy to review your account, to do this we!!!8217;ll need some additional information and permission to access your credit file.

All you need to do write to the address below, and provide the following information:
    - Amount of Increase required
    - Annual Income
    - Any additional information you feel is relevant e.g. mortgage free, savings

By providing this information you`ll be giving us permission to complete a search on your credit file, However, this search is only visible to yourself and Capital One, other lenders won`t be able to see it.

App processing UK address:
    Manual Review
    Capital One Europe plc
    PO Box 5285
    Nottingham
    NG2 3HX

Once the underwriting team has made their decision, they will write out to you within 5-7 working days*.

If you've any other queries, please send us a further secure message.

*Please note Capital One's working days are Monday-Friday excluding bank holidays.

Regards,
    Customer contact response
    Ex-Bankrupt, Discharged 09/15
    Capital One - Jul 16, £3,750 Never ending 0%....
    Aqua Reward (£1,950), Vanquis Chrome 24.7% (£1,000) & Asda Start (£600) + Car (£15k)
    Rebuild for Mortgage (10/2018)
    • A4445
    • By A4445 10th Feb 18, 2:54 PM
    • 695 Posts
    • 327 Thanks
    A4445
    That message isn’t new I had the same one when I sent a message about my credit limit! That was probably 9/10months ago
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,841Posts Today

7,057Users online

Martin's Twitter