Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LiquidStool
    • By LiquidStool 2nd Sep 16, 12:02 PM
    • 49Posts
    • 10Thanks
    LiquidStool
    E-on/ MSE Fixed 1 Year Collective Sept 2015 - Stay or wait?
    • 2nd Sep 16, 12:02 PM
    E-on/ MSE Fixed 1 Year Collective Sept 2015 - Stay or wait? 2nd Sep 16 at 12:02 PM
    Switched last year to the above collective switch, apparently the new collective switch is late september so by that time i'll have run out of time to switch.

Having just checked with E-on, to stay with them at their best tariff is gonna cost me a whopping £213 a year extra, so unless the MSE collective switch offers something better with E-on, i'll be leaving!

Should i chance my arm and wait to see what the collective switch deal is or take advantage of the current best deal and switch now to GB Energy, saving me £253 a year, no exit fees AND part of the warm home discount?

Thoughts please peeps
Page 11
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    E.ON Warm Home Discount 2016/17
    Thanks Malc.

I'm pleased to inform you i have now received my letter of acceptance and hopefully the credit will be applied on my next bill.

I think the letter was sent via the slow boat to China?

That's a huge weight off my mind.
    Originally posted by fredandwilma
    That's fine F&W. Happy to help and glad you've received your letter about the Warm Home Discount. Payments start in October and will continue until the end of May 17. Like the letters, they go out in batches so some will receive payments earlier than others depending on when their applications were put through.

Malc
    ďOfficial Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • kd99
    • By kd99 20th Sep 16, 1:08 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kd99
    EON MSE Fixed 1 collective sept 2015 ending but.. getting confused.
    I began the EON MSE Fixed 1 collective Sept 2015 last year, and as it ends have now been notified of increases - (£200+ dearer). If i contact them within 30 days of their letter (or my end date) my intention to change - I wont incur any exit fee expense (according to somewhere i read) but EON website says I will - and my end date is 7 OCTOBER. Wondering where the time went I looked back on all the correspondence - I started the switch application with MSE 17/9 MSE processed 18/9, EON welcome letter 19/9, EON activated my online a/c 22/9, Asked for readings 1/10, welcomed me on 9/10. This year's MSE switch application offer is (i think) ending before the 7th - What can/ should i do?
    E.ON Price Protection Window
    Malc, please can you clarify the position re. switching from E.ON (sorry, I'm another person annoyed by being barred from their new deal).

My previous MSE Collective deal ended on 16 September and E.ON have put me onto their standard Energy Plan from that date, with a steep rise in cost.

On 18 September, I applied to switch onto the new British Gas collective.

In previous posts, you refer to the 'window' where costs will not increase. You say: It's open 49 calendar days before the tariff ends until 20 working days after. During this time and provided we're told, we'll keep you on the same prices as now whilst a change of supplier goes through. Exit fees also don't apply when in this window. If you decide to change supplier, there's no need to contact us. The new supplier will do this. Just make sure you start the switch within the window.

Can you please confirm that I need not contact E.ON personally to say I am leaving? And that they will not charge me the increased tariff but keep me on the Collective tariff until the change to BG goes through?

(I would add how impressed I am to see you on here, helping customers with their problems. Not every company would do that!)
    Originally posted by renard
    Hello renard and sorry to lose you. As footyguy says, you don't need to contact us. Your new supplier will do this.

Given the dates you mention, looks like you're inside the Price Protection window. Provided your new supplier contacts us within this window, and can't see why they wouldn't, your prices will be protected.

Unless told otherwise, we automatically transfer accounts to our standard Energy Plan when fixed contracts end. Don't worry, once the switch has gone through, your final bill will be based on the cheaper of the two prices, your old tariff or Energy Plan. Invariably this is the old tariff. This happens automatically as part of the change of supply journey.

Hope this explains renard and thanks for your kind comments. They're appreciated.

Malc
    Last edited by E.ON Company Representative: Malc; 20-09-2016 at 2:33 PM. Reason: Added text
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Kernowc
    • By Kernowc 20th Sep 16, 2:35 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    Kernowc
    Malc. I am another unhappy EON customer. I have been with EON for several years and have been happy with all of the tariffs I have changed between so far, however a rise in costs of £20 a month when you are only receiving a pension is a huge amount! I REALLY do not want to change to another supplier but unless you can offer me a better deal I too will be leaving EON. :-(
    Last edited by Kernowc; 20-09-2016 at 4:27 PM.
    Switching from E.ON
    Eon terms state that if they are advised by another supplier within 20 working days after your end date (the date on which your tariff was due to end) and the switch then occurs within 3 weeks of Eon receiving that advice, Eon will keep you on the same prices until that switch applies.

(the first part of the above is almost definitely going to occur in your case, but the second part you will have to wait and see)

I suggest you wait for the final bill, and then double check that is what they have done. If you find reason to complain at that point, then do so

Edit: Don't worry about exit fees - you didn't even apply to switch until after the end date
    When switching supplier, you no longer have to contact the outgoing supplier yourself - the new supplier is responsible to do that (and if they don't a switch obviously cannot possibly occur)
    Originally posted by footyguy
    Excellent advice as ever footyguy. Thanks for that.

Malc
    E.ON Saver Tariffs
    Malc,

Itís interesting to speculate on what the reaction would have been if E.ON had made the two Saver tariffs available to existing customers but with an Early Exit Fee (for leaving their present tariff) to recoup the £30 per energy (£60 for dual-energy) commission that it has to pay the comparison site.

Many of those who wanted to remain with E.ON might have been content to pay that and those who werenít would at least have been given the option.

What has really angered existing E.ON customers is being excluded entirely from applying for one of these two tariffs.

(And, as one who's only just entering the third month of a 2-Year E.ON fix, with no desire to surrender it, that's an objective view. )

Did you, incidentally, feed back my observation that when SSE pulled this nasty stroke on its existing customers last month, nobody seemed to complain but that when E.ON did it there were howls of protest? Which shows that SSE customers were not surprised that SSE had done the dirty on them but that E.ONís customers held E.ON in higher regard and were hurt as well as furious and disillusioned.

You didn't acknowledge it...

Originally posted by Sosumi
    Hello Sosumi and yes, I did feed this back as part of last week's report about Forum reaction to our new tariffs. Sorry it wasn't acknowledged. This was on a different thread but Helena passed it on to me along with others from the same thread.

I'm going to include your post today on this week's report too. As well as the point you raised last week, there's some more interesting stuff on this post.

Thanks Sosumi.

Malc
    • Coedy
    • By Coedy 20th Sep 16, 9:27 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Coedy
    Well, it seems EON are going the route of Orange (whom I've not touched again in over 11 years for their repeated bending over of loyal customers.)...

My first ever switch was to EON on the MSE deal, loved the fact advisors were on the forum, were quick to respond to emails, quick to answer calls and had a great website. I was even more than prepared to pay a little more than the MSE fix to stay with them due to their level of service. Unfortunately, £15 more a month isn't worth it to me, not to mention I would find it a bitter pill to swallow knowing that someone else who hasn't already given a years worth of profits to EON is actually getting a better deal than me with the same supplier.

Malc, how do I go about closing my 'Your Say' account with EON? I don't fancy passing on customer research anymore seems they dont value customers opinions anyway. (though I do appreciate you and the other advisors arent the one's responsible and would like to congratulate you all on putting yourselves in the firing line in this difficult time - Malc & Co for CEO??? )
    Also, do I have to chase for any credit on my account when I start the switch away from EON? or is it sorted out automatically?

Mind you the MSE CEC switch appears to be rubbish... Almost twice the amount for both the standing charges... only a marginal decrease on gas and a rise on electricity... some deal!
    The only flip side is the EnergyHelpline SSE deal is not far off the same (but is cheaper...- the £30 cashback), so I am currently eyeballing the two of them against eachother... Tempted to go with the EnergyHelpline fix just to show that the "Cheapest of the Cheap" () fix the MSE team put together is poor in the hopes they sort out a better deal next time....
    Edit- Nevermind, Just checked my excel sheet I just knocked up and EnergyHelpline is £40 cheaper over the year for me, meaning Im £10 even after the cashback!

EON, I hope to be back in the future. However, if you end up doing the same again you'll be joining my blacklist. (currently only Orange.)
    Last edited by Coedy; 20-09-2016 at 9:54 PM.
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 20th Sep 16, 10:03 PM
    • 2,957 Posts
    • 1,556 Thanks
    MABLE
    With respect to Malc and Helena it seems E.on are more concerned signing up new customers rather than keeping their present customers happy.
    • ChrisGage
    • By ChrisGage 21st Sep 16, 1:27 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ChrisGage
    Didn't want to leave Eon
    I signed up to the Uswitch 2015 Collective switch with Eon and have been really happy as a customer. I have had several quotes for the Eon 1year v1 fix in my email to find that as a current customer it's not open to me to switch too. I really wanted to stay with Eon and was really happy but I and many friends who all switched to Eon last year have decided to switch to SSE as there deal is substantially cheaper than what Eon is currently offering to its loyal customers who are happy and would like to stay. This doesn't make sense to me why Eon would try and attract new customers whilst at the same time loosing so many of its current loyal customers. Surely it pays to keep those who are happy as well as attracting new customers. Sorry Eon, Goodbye and Hello SSE...
    • sparkiemalarkie
    • By sparkiemalarkie 21st Sep 16, 9:14 AM
    • 317 Posts
    • 117 Thanks
    sparkiemalarkie
    I signed up to the Uswitch 2015 Collective switch with Eon and have been really happy as a customer. I have had several quotes for the Eon 1year v1 fix in my email to find that as a current customer it's not open to me to switch too. I really wanted to stay with Eon and was really happy but I and many friends who all switched to Eon last year have decided to switch to SSE as there deal is substantially cheaper than what Eon is currently offering to its loyal customers who are happy and would like to stay. This doesn't make sense to me why Eon would try and attract new customers whilst at the same time loosing so many of its current loyal customers. Surely it pays to keep those who are happy as well as attracting new customers. Sorry Eon, Goodbye and Hello SSE...
    Originally posted by ChrisGage

Yep, I'm leaving too. I've been really happy with E.ON but can't justify the extra cost. I will leave the switch for a while to see if E.ON respond with a better tariff - I really hope they do.

sparkie
    • Sosumi
    • By Sosumi 21st Sep 16, 9:27 AM
    • 242 Posts
    • 147 Thanks
    Sosumi

Thanks, Malc.

I'm off to where the sun still shines for the rest of the month so you and H will be spared deprived of further input from me for a while.

With respect to Malc and Helena it seems E.on are more concerned signing up new customers rather than keeping their present customers happy.
    Originally posted by MABLE

Thatís all very well, Mable, but E.ON has to pay the comparison sites some £30 per energy (£60 for dual-energy) per switch.

If 10,000 of E.ON's own dual-energy customers apply for a cheaper E.ON deal via a comparison site, thatís £600,000 it has to fork out in commission payments just to keep them, let alone then put them on to a cheaper tariff.

Bear that in mind.

Well, it seems EON are going the route of Orange (whom I've not touched again in over 11 years for their repeated bending over of loyal customers.)...

My first ever switch was to EON on the MSE deal, loved the fact advisors were on the forum, were quick to respond to emails, quick to answer calls and had a great website. I was even more than prepared to pay a little more than the MSE fix to stay with them due to their level of service.

Unfortunately, £15 more a month isn't worth it to me, not to mention I would find it a bitter pill to swallow knowing that someone else who hasn't already given a years worth of profits to EON is actually getting a better deal than me with the same supplier.

Malc, how do I go about closing my 'Your Say' account with EON? I don't fancy passing on customer research anymore seems they dont value customers opinions anyway. (though I do appreciate you and the other advisors arent the one's responsible and would like to congratulate you all on putting yourselves in the firing line in this difficult time - Malc & Co for CEO??? )
    Also, do I have to chase for any credit on my account when I start the switch away from EON? or is it sorted out automatically?

Mind you the MSE CEC switch appears to be rubbish... Almost twice the amount for both the standing charges... only a marginal decrease on gas and a rise on electricity... some deal!

The only flip side is the EnergyHelpline SSE deal is not far off the same (but is cheaper...- the £30 cashback), so I am currently eyeballing the two of them against eachother... Tempted to go with the EnergyHelpline fix just to show that the "Cheapest of the Cheap" () fix the MSE team put together is poor in the hopes they sort out a better deal next time....

Edit- Nevermind, Just checked my excel sheet I just knocked up and EnergyHelpline is £40 cheaper over the year for me, meaning Im £10 even after the cashback!

EON, I hope to be back in the future. However, if you end up doing the same again you'll be joining my blacklist. (currently only Orange.)
    Originally posted by Coedy

If youíre going to use Energy Helpline for your switch, go there via Quidco or Top Cashback and you'll get a cashback that way.

Hi, ChrisGage; welcome to the MSE forum.

Donít be under any illusions about SSE treating its customers better than E.ON does.

The SSE 1 Year Fixed v8 deal to which you are so attracted is denied to SSEís own existing customers and SSE went to even greater lengths than E.ON to prevent them finding out about it, including posting bare-faced lies on its website.

See HERE. (That's a link. )

Youíd also be wise to ring SSE and ask some penetrating questions about how it applies its Early Exit Fees policy to existing customers who want to change tariffs (the ones, that is, which SSE actually permits its customers to apply for...)
    • greatgimpo
    • By greatgimpo 21st Sep 16, 5:17 PM
    • 623 Posts
    • 818 Thanks
    greatgimpo

You’d also be wise to ring SSE and ask some penetrating questions about how it applies its Early Exit Fees policy to existing customers who want to change tariffs (the ones, that is, which SSE actually permits its customers to apply for...)
    But surely that won't matter to new customers, as you can switch without penalty at the end of your new one year fix. After all, you're probably unlikely to find a significantly cheaper tariff mid-way through your fix.
    • mjfp509
    • By mjfp509 22nd Sep 16, 9:15 AM
    • 101 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    mjfp509
    Would anyone be kind enough to answer the following: Is this SSE deal people are signing up to via a specific website or through SSE direct? Which plan is it?

I, too, am on the E.On MSE tariff at the moment and am very disappointed they haven't opened up their new tariff to existing customers otherwise I would have stayed as well.
    Last edited by mjfp509; 22-09-2016 at 9:21 AM.
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 22nd Sep 16, 11:29 AM
    • 2,957 Posts
    • 1,556 Thanks
    MABLE
    [QUOTE=Sosumi;71335710]
    Thanks, Malc.

That’s all very well, Mable, but E.ON has to pay the comparison sites some £30 per energy (£60 for dual-energy) per switch.

If 10,000 of E.ON's own dual-energy customers apply for a cheaper E.ON deal via a comparison site, that’s £600,000 it has to fork out in commission payments just to keep them, let alone then put them on to a cheaper tariff.

Bear that in mind.

Perhaps you should bear the following in mind and probably the reason why the loyal are now being ignored because they cannot afford to indulge the faithful anymore.

'Big six' energy firm E.ON to pay £3.1m for customer failings
    unquote.
    • Castle
    • By Castle 22nd Sep 16, 12:26 PM
    • 951 Posts
    • 1,127 Thanks
    Castle
    If 10,000 of E.ON's own dual-energy customers apply for a cheaper E.ON deal via a comparison site, thatís £600,000 it has to fork out in commission payments just to keep them, let alone then put them on to a cheaper tariff.

Nothing to stop E.ON writing or emailing their existing customers to advise them of the cheaper deals; no need to use a comparison website then.
    Switching from E.ON
    I began the EON MSE Fixed 1 collective Sept 2015 last year, and as it ends have now been notified of increases - (£200+ dearer). If i contact them within 30 days of their letter (or my end date) my intention to change - I wont incur any exit fee expense (according to somewhere i read) but EON website says I will - and my end date is 7 OCTOBER. Wondering where the time went I looked back on all the correspondence - I started the switch application with MSE 17/9 MSE processed 18/9, EON welcome letter 19/9, EON activated my online a/c 22/9, Asked for readings 1/10, welcomed me on 9/10. This year's MSE switch application offer is (i think) ending before the 7th - What can/ should i do?
    Originally posted by kd99
    Hello kd99 and sorry for the late reply. Been out of the office for a couple of days.

The date your tariff ends will be the one mentioned on your bills, online account and the notices sent at the start. Provided your new supplier is in touch within the Price Protection window (open 49 calendar days before the end date until 20 working days after), your prices will be protected whilst the switch goes through. Exit fees also don't apply whilst the window is open.

Hope this helps kd99. Let me know if you need any more details as happy to help.

Malc
    E.ON Tariffs
    Malc. I am another unhappy EON customer. I have been with EON for several years and have been happy with all of the tariffs I have changed between so far, however a rise in costs of £20 a month when you are only receiving a pension is a huge amount! I REALLY do not want to change to another supplier but unless you can offer me a better deal I too will be leaving EON. :-(
    Originally posted by Kernowc
    Hello Kernowc and sorry for the late reply. Not been around for a couple of days.

As it stands, the only tariffs we've available for sale to existing customers are those listed on our website. I do understand the difficulties making ends meet on a limited income but, at this time, I can't offer you an alternative to these tariffs.

I'm finalising this week's report regarding the feedback we've received about our new Saver Tariffs and will add your post to this. Not much help to you at this point but good to let management know the feelings on this Forum about these new products.

Malc
    Switching from E.ON

My first ever switch was to EON on the MSE deal, loved the fact advisors were on the forum, were quick to respond to emails, quick to answer calls and had a great website. I was even more than prepared to pay a little more than the MSE fix to stay with them due to their level of service. Unfortunately, £15 more a month isn't worth it to me, not to mention I would find it a bitter pill to swallow knowing that someone else who hasn't already given a years worth of profits to EON is actually getting a better deal than me with the same supplier.

Originally posted by Coedy
    Hello Coedy and sorry for the late reply.

Also sorry to lose you but glad our service has been up to scratch. Thanks, too, for your kind comments about Helena and myself. They're appreciated.

To be honest, I don't know how you would go about de-registering from 'Your Say.' I'll find out.

Your new supplier will look after the switch. They'll apply for your account and send us the meter readings they intend to use to start their account. We'll use the same readings to close our account and issue the final bill. This makes sure the same energy is only charged once. Any remaining credit will be refunded automatically. It usually takes about two and half weeks to change supplier and then up to another 30 days for the final bill/refund to be sorted. If you've an open Direct Debit, we'll send it back to your bank. If not, it'll come by cheque.

Sorry again to lose you Coedy. I'll add your comments to the feedback I mentioned to Kernowc above.

Malc
    E.ON Saver Tariffs
    Originally posted by MABLE
    [QUOTE=MABLE;71341522]
    Thanks, Malc.

Thatís all very well, Mable, but E.ON has to pay the comparison sites some £30 per energy (£60 for dual-energy) per switch.

Bear that in mind.

Perhaps you should bear the following in mind and probably the reason why the loyal are now being ignored because they cannot afford to indulge the faithful anymore.

'Big six' energy firm E.ON to pay £3.1m for customer failings
    unquote.
    As per my post to Kernowc above MABLE, I'll be passing your comments on too. This will help the bosses see the reaction of many of our existing customers to the new Saver Tariffs launched last week. Thanks MABLE.

Malc
    E.ON Saver Fixed 1 Year version 1
    Hello ChrisGage and welcome to the Forums.

Sorry to lose you. You may have read above that I've been feeding back Forum sentiment to my bosses following the launch of our Saver Tariffs last week. I've added your post to this. I know this isn't much comfort to you now but it's good to let the decision makers know the impact these new tariffs have had on our existing customers.

Glad you were happy with us before last week.

Malc
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,962Posts Today

6,609Users online

Martin's Twitter