Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • xyzperson
    • By xyzperson 1st Sep 16, 6:14 PM
    • 21Posts
    • 9Thanks
    xyzperson
    Leasehold Flat Parking Permit
    • 1st Sep 16, 6:14 PM
    Leasehold Flat Parking Permit 1st Sep 16 at 6:14 PM
    We have a leasehold flat with two parking spaces which are identified at the Land Registry. Our lease says we may park one car on each space. Our management company with the managing agent and with a parking enforcement company introduced a permit system two years ago. I objected unsuccessfully. They are now making further changes. They say they will only give us one permit for each space. We have six family cars which park from time to time in either space. Moving a permit between cars is unworkable and I anticipate receiving parking fines. Can anyone recommend what would be the best thing to do?
    In the past they allowed us to register the family cars with them and then they did not ticket any of these cars when they were parked in our spaces. The parking company has a poor record on these pages! Any ideas?
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Oct 16, 10:49 PM
    • 40,460 Posts
    • 52,359 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    The reply from the MA was not helpful. I am thinking of sending the MA and the care parking company this. Any comments would be helpful:-

We require an undertaking not to trespass on our land and not to place tickets on our cars. We have registered title to the parking plots. We do not have you any access to our spaces without our written permission. You also have our car numbers.
    If you refuse to give an undertaking and enter our land and / or place a notice on our cars then we will issue county court proceedings claiming damages for trespass. We will seek to recover our legal costs from you if this becomes necessary.
    Many thanks for reading this.
    Originally posted by xyzperson
    Many thanks? This is too polite IMHO.

Here's one I wrote in 2014 re a similar issue post #30:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4777418

Get angry - if you have registered title to the parking space you own it. Do as IamEmanresu says - he has experience of this sort of battle.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

145Posts Today

3,350Users online

Martin's Twitter