Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • shala_moo
    • By shala_moo 28th Aug 16, 11:44 AM
    • 3,095Posts
    • 25,837Thanks
    shala_moo
    Be Lean for Halloween with Slimming World
    • 28th Aug 16, 11:44 AM
    Be Lean for Halloween with Slimming World 28th Aug 16 at 11:44 AM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Food Optimising is a plan for life, it is not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you have been doing in the past has not got you to where you want to be.

You cannot use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising and Choose Success books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Anything that’s Free Food on Green OR Original – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables – is totally Free on Extra Easy!

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables

We have a Facebook group open to anyone joining us on this thread; to join please mention it in your post or drop Lushlifesaver a PM and an existing member can send you an invite.
    Mortgage = £166,050£127,605.61
    Mortgage Offset % = 23.52%
    Mortgage Neutral Date = Dec 2036 Aug 2027
    SW target - 54lb/29lb
Page 52
    • mrsp1987
    • By mrsp1987 14th Oct 16, 8:45 PM
    • 781 Posts
    • 3,760 Thanks
    mrsp1987
    Tell you what, I'm craving chocolate a lot in the evenings right now!!
    Mortgage April 2011: £108,499 30 yr term Current Mortgage £96,211.87 20 yrs 10 months left
    O/P Fund: £2,336.81/£1,000
    Tilly Tidy #11: I've completely lost count!!
    MFiT T4 #67 - Reduce mortgage from £99,310.76 to £80,000. Currently £95,166.53
    • TakeItEazy
    • By TakeItEazy 14th Oct 16, 9:00 PM
    • 2,059 Posts
    • 13,762 Thanks
    TakeItEazy
    Hello all and congratulations MRSLush
    Having a bad week
    Had to come home on Monday with a bad back so off all week! Went to Dr today about my legs more than anything and ended up having major anxiety attack in front of dr . How embarressed was I as I did my shaking giraffe act to disperse the adrenaline but hey whatever works. Dr just said shake away
    So have been referred for MRI and talked about meds for anxiety but I'm thinking about that.

As I'm still waiting for my eye appointment (from august) I'm not holding my breath for MRI, probably be New year for both

Oh and on a lighter note, the boy was employee of the month! Good old B&Q :-)
    Last edited by TakeItEazy; 14-10-2016 at 9:02 PM.
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13
    • mrsp1987
    • By mrsp1987 14th Oct 16, 9:03 PM
    • 781 Posts
    • 3,760 Thanks
    mrsp1987
    I've burst into tears in front of at least 2 GPs before now. The first time I just shoved a few post it notes into her hand cos I couldn't speak. I think it helped prove I wasn't very well
    Mortgage April 2011: £108,499 30 yr term Current Mortgage £96,211.87 20 yrs 10 months left
    • maman
    • By maman 14th Oct 16, 11:30 PM
    • 15,032 Posts
    • 88,649 Thanks
    maman
    You're right beg I am on a mission and I need to be. I put trousers on tonight that I wore earlier this week and they felt even tighter.
    Not one syn has passed my lips today (saving them for wine syns tomorrow) and now I'm having a hot Ribena before bed. I bought normal NAS but I'll try the winter spice next.
    I think DH is taking it too far though. Tonight I served up the fish and he carried the plates into the dining room. When I sat down he said he'd given me the smaller piece because I want to lose weight!
    • blue_eyed_girl
    • By blue_eyed_girl 14th Oct 16, 11:39 PM
    • 3,378 Posts
    • 29,208 Thanks
    blue_eyed_girl
    You're right beg I am on a mission and I need to be. I put trousers on tonight that I wore earlier this week and they felt even tighter.
    Not one syn has passed my lips today (saving them for wine syns tomorrow) and now I'm having a hot Ribena before bed. I bought normal NAS but I'll try the winter spice next.
    I think DH is taking it too far though. Tonight I served up the fish and he carried the plates into the dining room. When I sat down he said he'd given me the smaller piece because I want to lose weight!
    Originally posted by maman
    :

b_e_g
    SPC NO 041

STARTED SW 04/14 - TARGET 05/16 - TOTAL LOSS 10ST 3.5LBS
    • greentiger
    • By greentiger 15th Oct 16, 1:16 AM
    • 1,634 Posts
    • 11,970 Thanks
    greentiger
    yes, beanie, there was something at the Falkirk Stadium through the week with big Leish and Alex Totten. Jim hit the bar first go in the crossbar challenge.

what a kind and thoughtful man you have, maman!
    [COLOR=Red]Stashbusting lost track!
    16 in 16 Challenge 15/16
    weight loss September/October 0lbs/9lbs
    Reading Challenge 22/40
    Film Challenge 38/52
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 15th Oct 16, 9:12 AM
    • 4,454 Posts
    • 29,334 Thanks
    joedenise
    Maman - what a considerate DH, LOL! My DH always accuses me to having the biggest portion no matter I've made for dinner!

Today's plan:

B - toasted bacon & mushroom sandwich.
    L - sea food salad
    D - Lamb hotpot - recipe from one of the old booklets which came with a magazine some time ago. Will add more speed than the recipe uses.

Does anyone else use the online food planner? If so, have you found you can't move between the days on the calendar as they've put a video over it!

I e-mailed SW and got a standard reply saying I should check on the website for answers or contact my consultant! As if she'd have any idea how to sort it.

Denise
    • BettyBoof
    • By BettyBoof 15th Oct 16, 10:26 AM
    • 209 Posts
    • 1,347 Thanks
    BettyBoof
    Popping in to report a STS please Shala. Was really good this week so disappointed. Not sure what to do re moving forward with SW.

I think I'd better reduce my (crazy) 8lbs target for this challenge to 10lbs as a start.

Hope everyone else has a great week!
    £1000 Emergency fund #120 = £650 (65%)
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 15th Oct 16, 10:57 AM
    • 1,728 Posts
    • 3,666 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    Had my WI today and had a 1lb loss, making a 10lb loss overall.

I had hoped to lose 3st by Christmas (bit of an ambitious target!!) so am heavily revising it downwards....if I can reach my club 10 award by then I'll be happy - leaving me a target of 12lbs in 10 weeks.

I'm going to try an SP week this week to see if that makes any difference.

Good luck every body!!
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge
    • meg72
    • By meg72 15th Oct 16, 11:23 AM
    • 4,513 Posts
    • 42,100 Thanks
    meg72
    Tell you what, I'm craving chocolate a lot in the evenings right now!!
    Originally posted by mrsp1987

I`m struggling with this too, best bet for me I find is a mug of Options Hot chocolate an of course make sure theres none of the real stuff in the house to leap out an grab me lol.
    • mrsp1987
    • By mrsp1987 15th Oct 16, 11:42 AM
    • 781 Posts
    • 3,760 Thanks
    mrsp1987
    I`m struggling with this too, best bet for me I find is a mug of Options Hot chocolate an of course make sure theres none of the real stuff in the house to leap out an grab me lol.
    Originally posted by meg72
    I'm doing okay because I have Freddo in fridge and I know he's only 5 syns. It' pre-portioned so that helps me much more than if I had a block of chocolate and took off what I felt like having. The worst thing I could have is a packet of biscuits or something where it's not pre-portioned.
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 15th Oct 16, 11:50 AM
    • 1,728 Posts
    • 3,666 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    Now I've found that the orange chocolate hifi bars (3 syns) are so chocolatey that 1 is enough for me.

Don't like the Rocky road ones and not too fussed on the double choc ones either.....but I am looking forward to the mint ones though - been told if after eights are your thing to avoid them as they will be dangerous!!!!
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge
    • Lois Lane
    • By Lois Lane 15th Oct 16, 11:51 AM
    • 3,234 Posts
    • 12,429 Thanks
    Lois Lane
    Morning all

I have to keep reminding myself it's Saturday today, it's so quiet! It's always the same at this time of year but I forget how quiet it can be. Next weekend is half-term and their are plenty of bookings so our last week will be busier. In past years we've taken more in half-term than we do for the other 3 weeks of October.

Bettyboof - sorry to hear you're still stuck. I know you tried a SAS log and had a good result from that, have you continued with the changes you made as a result? I know it's disheartening when you don't lose every week - I'm taking the (very) scenic route too - but SW does work so keep trying, you will get there.

Catch you later - just had a customer in chatting to us for ages and now I'm going to make our lunch.

LL
    • wizkid1
    • By wizkid1 15th Oct 16, 1:35 PM
    • 1,515 Posts
    • 12,507 Thanks
    wizkid1
    Good afternoon everyone this is my today's menu...

Breakfast..crumpet and fruit B

Lunch. Bacon egg and beans, clementine.

Dinner.. gammon garden peas corn tomatoes plum.

Extra 2 Ryvita 3 Syns slice of garlic bread. 6 Syns f f yoghurt.
    Probably all 15 Syns.
    • Abbafan1972
    • By Abbafan1972 15th Oct 16, 2:22 PM
    • 4,982 Posts
    • 167,655 Thanks
    Abbafan1972
    Holiday Gain!
    Hi all,

Hope everyone is fine. I have not been around for a while, as I've been on holiday. Came back last Sunday, but have spent the last few days catching up on stuff.

Weighed in this morning and had a gain of 3lbs. Was expecting gain - I reckon it was more but I've really been good this week and I reckon some of it has dropped off.

As of today I have 1 stone 3lbs to lose. I did have quite large breakfasts on holiday. We had half board - dinner wasn't until 8pm at the hotel which took a while to get used to, as by 6pm I was starving.

Hope you all have a good week!
    Total weight loss since 01/08/2015 - 6st 13lbs
    Weight left to lose - 8lbs

• Prudent
    • By Prudent 15th Oct 16, 2:31 PM
    • 11,100 Posts
    • 46,203 Thanks
    Prudent
    Maman - what a considerate DH, LOL! My DH always accuses me to having the biggest portion no matter I've made for dinner!

Today's plan:

B - toasted bacon & mushroom sandwich.
    L - sea food salad
    D - Lamb hotpot - recipe from one of the old booklets which came with a magazine some time ago. Will add more speed than the recipe uses.

Does anyone else use the online food planner? If so, have you found you can't move between the days on the calendar as they've put a video over it!

I e-mailed SW and got a standard reply saying I should check on the website for answers or contact my consultant! As if she'd have any idea how to sort it.

Denise
    Originally posted by joedenise

I am really struggling with the online planner. I use the fit log, but am sticking with the paper planner for my meals.

I have only been doing SW for a few weeks and am concerned I am eating too much. I would really welcome comments. Here is what I ate yesterday and today.

yesterday:

B- Bran flakes (he b) and milk (heb a) with a banana

L. Homemade Courgettte mint and pea soup (all free or super free ingredients). A wholemeal roll (6syns) with Quorn bacon (2syns)

D. Butternut Squash and chilli risotto (recipe from SWveggie deluxe cookbook) and salad. A pear

s. A banana

Today:

B. As yesterday (this is an unusual deviation for me as I usually have oats soaked overnight in milk with berries, but the bran flakes need using up)

L. Homemade Parsnip and apple soup (all free or super free), except olive oil at 1 syn for my portion of soup and a wholemeal roll (6 syns) filled with a scrambled egg

D. I am making the cheesy Mexican bake from the Veggie Deluxe cookbook 1 & 1/2 syns and will serve with a salad. I will probably have an orange too.

This seems a lot of food. Is it okay or should I cut back? I will be back on the oats when I have used up the Bran flakes.
    • TakeItEazy
    • By TakeItEazy 15th Oct 16, 2:33 PM
    • 2,059 Posts
    • 13,762 Thanks
    TakeItEazy
    Popping in to report a STS please Shala. Was really good this week so disappointed. Not sure what to do re moving forward with SW.

I think I'd better reduce my (crazy) 8lbs target for this challenge to 10lbs as a start.

Hope everyone else has a great week!
    Originally posted by BettyBoof
    How do you reduce 8 to 10

WI with gain of .4lb but back issues affecting tummy issues so probably the reason.

Still in pain so not much to say

Have a good weekend all
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13
    • TakeItEazy
    • By TakeItEazy 15th Oct 16, 2:43 PM
    • 2,059 Posts
    • 13,762 Thanks
    TakeItEazy
    I am really struggling with the online planner. I use the fit log, but am sticking with the paper planner for my meals.

I have only been doing SW for a few weeks and am concerned I am eating too much. I would really welcome comments. Here is what I ate yesterday and today.

yesterday:

B- Bran flakes (he b) and milk (heb a) with a banana

L. Homemade Courgettte mint and pea soup (all free or super free ingredients). A wholemeal roll (6syns) with Quorn bacon (2syns)

D. Butternut Squash and chilli risotto (recipe from SWveggie deluxe cookbook) and salad. A pear

s. A banana

Today:

B. As yesterday (this is an unusual deviation for me as I usually have oats soaked overnight in milk with berries, but the bran flakes need using up)

L. Homemade Parsnip and apple soup (all free or super free), except olive oil at 1 syn for my portion of soup and a wholemeal roll (6 syns) filled with a scrambled egg

D. I am making the cheesy Mexican bake from the Veggie Deluxe cookbook 1 & 1/2 syns and will serve with a salad. I will probably have an orange too.

This seems a lot of food. Is it okay or should I cut back? I will be back on the oats when I have used up the Bran flakes.
    Originally posted by Prudent
    Certainly not too much food

As bananas aren't super free (unless they've changed ) and the conscientious (?) is too many bananas aren't good for weight loss, I'd watch this! Also technically cooked apple = syns . How much oil is 1 syn? all adds up!

Keep going it does work
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13
    • Prudent
    • By Prudent 15th Oct 16, 3:06 PM
    • 11,100 Posts
    • 46,203 Thanks
    Prudent
    Certainly not too much food

As bananas aren't super free (unless they've changed ) and the conscientious (?) is too many bananas aren't good for weight loss, I'd watch this! Also technically cooked apple = syns . How much oil is 1 syn? all adds up!

Keep going it does work
    Originally posted by TakeItEazy
    Ah that makes sense, I hadn't thought about the apple being cooked. I used a tablespoons of oil and had 1/6th of the soup, as 1 tablespoons + 6 syns I then worked it out to be one syn. Now I need to work out the apple! 1/6th of two cooked apples? 2 syns? I will cut back on the bananas. Thank you
    • mrsp1987
    • By mrsp1987 15th Oct 16, 3:12 PM
    • 781 Posts
    • 3,760 Thanks
    mrsp1987
    I believe the generic going rate for oil is 1 1/2 syn per teaspoon (I could be way off the mark here though)!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,847Posts Today

6,562Users online

Martin's Twitter