Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • shala_moo
    • By shala_moo 28th Aug 16, 11:44 AM
    • 3,092Posts
    • 25,814Thanks
    shala_moo
    Be Lean for Halloween with Slimming World
    • 28th Aug 16, 11:44 AM
    Be Lean for Halloween with Slimming World 28th Aug 16 at 11:44 AM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Food Optimising is a plan for life, it is not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you have been doing in the past has not got you to where you want to be.

You cannot use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising and Choose Success books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Anything that’s Free Food on Green OR Original – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables – is totally Free on Extra Easy!

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables

We have a Facebook group open to anyone joining us on this thread; to join please mention it in your post or drop Lushlifesaver a PM and an existing member can send you an invite.
    Mortgage = £166,050£128,839.49
    Mortgage Offset % = 20.81%
    Mortgage Neutral Date = Dec 2036 Mar 2028
    SW target - 54lb/29lb
Page 51
    • shala_moo
    • By shala_moo 13th Oct 16, 12:54 PM
    • 3,092 Posts
    • 25,814 Thanks
    shala_moo
    Our consultant did a Christmas cake from the new festive book, which you can get free with a 12 week countdown. She called it a last minute Christmas cake and the raffle prize was the ingredients for it, which included a butternut squash. It was absolutely delicious. The recipe makes 20 slices at 5 Syns per slice.

LL
    Originally posted by Lois Lane
    Thanks Lois, I forgot about the book, did you try the cake, was it nice?

I'm going to try and buy a countdown voucher tonight so I can get a free book. My current countdown doesn't run out till mid-December.

I think the syns from our xmas cake comes from tub of cherries I end up eating as I'm making it and the copious amount of brandy I feed it with
    SW target - 54lb/29lb
    • lushlifesaver
    • By lushlifesaver 13th Oct 16, 2:31 PM
    • 2,106 Posts
    • 16,775 Thanks
    lushlifesaver

I don't do FB so I didn't get to see the photos.

Originally posted by maman

we haven't had many back yet just a sample - when I have some more I'll try and figure out photobucket or similar so I can share one here

I actually said to my consultant on the Thursday before that I wouldn't feel half as comfortable as I did with what I'd managed to lose if I didn't have this support as well as her definitely key members of my slimming world family

excited to see what the scales say tonight as they are usually within half a lb of my home scales and I want to know how well I've managed to do since getting home...my scales suggest pretty good compared to what I'd expect!
    Perfect Princess born 26/03/14 <3
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 13th Oct 16, 7:31 PM
    • 4,444 Posts
    • 29,284 Thanks
    joedenise
    Maman - no need to buy cider vinegar as red or white wine vinegar will do the job just as well - it's just for the acid really rather than the flavour. I've got loads of vinegars as I bring them back from France with me!

Had an absolute miracle at the scales this morning as I managed a STS which is brilliant after the week I've had. Definitely going to do better this week and lose some of that holiday gain!!!

Today's Green plan:

B - grapes after WI
    L - scrambled eggs on toast (was late back so wanted something quick)
    D - chickpea, aubergine & sweet potato curry with rice; mini naan bread - need to check syns but probably no more than 5.
    S - Laughing Cow on toast

HEA1 - milk
    HEA2 - Laughing Cow Light
    HEB 1 & 2 - WM bread

Denise

PS Have now checked syns and it was a shocking 9.5 syns! DH picked up a brand name instead of SM own brand which would only have been 6.5. Even DH commented "you could have had a 2 small glasses of wine for that!"
    Last edited by joedenise; 13-10-2016 at 7:38 PM. Reason: to add PS
    • greentiger
    • By greentiger 13th Oct 16, 7:38 PM
    • 1,629 Posts
    • 11,948 Thanks
    greentiger
    Hello again.
    I was just having a look at the week’s SW menu; on day 6 there were pork escalopes with swede mash and it mentions mustard sauce but there’s no recipe for this. The link is http://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/healthy-eating/non-vegetarian/day-6.aspx Can anyone help with that?
    Thursday

Pre-Breakfast: banana
    Breakfast: hexb roll, bacon, poached egg, asparagus, light mayo (1)
    Lunch: crustless quiche (mushrooms, smoked ham, syboes), salad leaves, tomatoes, cucumber, ff vinaigrette (1)
    Snack: Tunnock’s Teacake (5)
    Dinner: chicken thighs in Chicken Tonight Spanish Chicken sauce (3), potatoes, corn cob, asparagus
    Snacks: hexa cheese and grapes

Syns used: 10 Syns saved: 5 (put towards yesterday’s excesses) Syns carried forward: 0 Syns balance: 0

Good luck all.
    [COLOR=Red]Stashbusting lost track!
    16 in 16 Challenge 15/16
    weight loss September/October 0lbs/9lbs
    Reading Challenge 22/40
    Film Challenge 38/52
    • blue_eyed_girl
    • By blue_eyed_girl 13th Oct 16, 8:42 PM
    • 3,375 Posts
    • 29,205 Thanks
    blue_eyed_girl
    **creeps back in **

Hellooo everyone long time no see. Sorry I haven't been posting in a long while but life just got in the way and I had a few health issues that had to be sorted. I just really struggled to keep up with you all. However one of our lovely members very kindly gave me the nudge I needed to start posting again. Thank you (you know who you are ).

Well I'm delighted to tell you all that I am still within target after five months which is some sort of record for me and now feeling much healthier than I have been in a long while. I'm finding that I still go to class each week as I know how easy it is for me to stray.

I'm not going to manage to read through all the posts I've missed but I will try to keep up as we go along. Lovely to see loads of the 'old' faces are still here and I hope you are all well. I'm looking forward to getting to know all the new people that I have joined.

b_e_g
    SPC NO 041

STARTED SW 04/14 - TARGET 05/16 - TOTAL LOSS 10ST 3.5LBS
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 13th Oct 16, 8:48 PM
    • 44,820 Posts
    • 155,232 Thanks
    beanielou
    b e g ~~ Good to see you.
    Great news on still being at target.
    Take care.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • BettyBoof
    • By BettyBoof 13th Oct 16, 8:58 PM
    • 208 Posts
    • 1,340 Thanks
    BettyBoof
    Greentiger there is a recipe for pork escalopes and swede mash in my Extra Easy book. Aside from the pork and the swede, the recipe calls for:
    300ml boiling chicken stock
    1/2 tsp mustard powder mixed with 1 tsp water
    1 level tbsp wholegrain mustard
    100g fat free fromage frais
    2tsp dried tarragon

So after making the mash and cooking the pork escalopes you remove the escalopes from the pan and keep warm. Then add the stock and both mustards to the same pan, stir well and boil rapidly for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the fromage frais and tarragon. Divide the mash, top with the pork and spoon over the sauce.

Hope that helps!
    £1000 Emergency fund #120 = £650 (65%)
    • greentiger
    • By greentiger 14th Oct 16, 1:34 AM
    • 1,629 Posts
    • 11,948 Thanks
    greentiger
    THanks. Betty, that's great!

Good to see you back, b_e_g.
    16 in 16 Challenge 15/16
    Reading Challenge 22/40
    Film Challenge 38/52
    • Lois Lane
    • By Lois Lane 14th Oct 16, 10:07 AM
    • 3,228 Posts
    • 12,385 Thanks
    Lois Lane
    Morning everyone.

Thanks Lois, I forgot about the book, did you try the cake, was it nice?

I think the syns from our xmas cake comes from tub of cherries I end up eating as I'm making it and the copious amount of brandy I feed it with
    Originally posted by shala_moo
    It was lovely and moist, but not really Christmas cake as we know it - I wouldn't offer it to non-SW friends and family, put it that way. As someone else said, better to have a small piece of the real thing and count the syns.

Hello again.
    I was just having a look at the week’s SW menu; on day 6 there were pork escalopes with swede mash and it mentions mustard sauce but there’s no recipe for this. The link is http://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/healthy-eating/non-vegetarian/day-6.aspx Can anyone help with that?
    Originally posted by greentiger
    It's a bit naff to put something in the menu without more details on how to make it. I even checked by searching for it in the recipes section but it wasn't there.

My mouth is still watering at the sight of the cream cheese and smoked salmon omelette that was on the same page!

Well I'm delighted to tell you all that I am still within target after five months which is some sort of record for me and now feeling much healthier than I have been in a long while. I'm finding that I still go to class each week as I know how easy it is for me to stray.
    Originally posted by blue_eyed_girl
    Welcome back b_e_g. Well done for maintaining for 5 months, particularly with other issues going on in your life. You're doing the right thing by going to group every week, it keeps your mind focussed and you're an inspiration to other class members too. There are quite a few target members in my group who go every week however when I went to group before the target members tended to weigh and go which meant you didn't have that wealth of experience to tap into.

It's bitterly cold here this morning - I've got double layers on, I'm sat next to the heater and it's still cold in the shop. I keep doing laps to try and warm up a bit.

Have a great weekend everyone.

LL
    • maman
    • By maman 14th Oct 16, 11:06 AM
    • 14,998 Posts
    • 88,462 Thanks
    maman
    It's bitterly cold here this morning - I've got double layers on, I'm sat next to the heater and it's still cold in the shop. I keep doing laps to try and warm up a bit.

It's all Body Magic! Close you eyes and think of...Spain!

Great to see you back b-e-g and delighted you've stayed at target while you've been away.

Having managed a syn free day yesterday I'm planning how to tighten up today. I'm drinking plenty of water, well on my way to 2 litres. I've put NAS Ribena on my shopping list so that I can substitute hot squash for some teas to make sure I stay within my HEA. Tonight I'm not having wine syns to balance off the ones I shouldn't have had on Wednesday. We're going to the theatre so it'll be easier and I'm not having ice cream in the interval either. I've done my meal plan for the week and I've got another syn free day planned.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, ham, 2 fried eggs, half HEB toast, tomato, mushrooms, HEA milk for drinks
    L: LO hash, pickled cabbage
    D: smoked haddock, SW chips, green stuff (and mushrooms and tomato if I get the shop done).
    Syns: NONE!

DH proudly said he's only done one slice of toast this morning because he wants to help me. Then he said he doesn't think I'll want to have Crunchie at football on Sunday. That may be a step too far!
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 14th Oct 16, 11:44 AM
    • 4,444 Posts
    • 29,284 Thanks
    joedenise
    Well done B-E-G to maintaining with everything else which has been going on. Going to group definitely helps to keep you focussed.

The healthy christmas cake doesn't sound worth bothering about but then again I'm not overly keen on the real thing anyway!

Annoyed about having more than expected syns with the naan bread yesterday but I still saved a few syns towards the weekend.

Today's plan:

B - beans on toast (2 slices of crustless so can have a piece of toast this evening!)
    L - LO roast chicken with salad - loads of Speed
    D - Fish pasta bake with white fish, salmon, smoked haddock & prawns; sauce 4 syns. Will serve with some green stuff
    S - toast & laughing cow light (1 syn)

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - sauce 4; laughing cow light 1; 2 small glasses of wine 10

Denise
    • shala_moo
    • By shala_moo 14th Oct 16, 12:15 PM
    • 3,092 Posts
    • 25,814 Thanks
    shala_moo
    Welcome back BEG well done for maintaining!

Our consultant made the Christmas cake too Lois, I really liked it but it needs a few tweaks to make it more Christmassy which would up the syns..

Last night's weigh in was pants with a STS not sure why. I'm going to start writing everything down again and go back to basics, the new magazine came today so hopefully it'll inspire me.

Been out to the dentist and shopping today, passed the lovely butchers in town so grabbed some lamb shanks for tea... can't wait now we haven't had lamb since last xmas if I remember rightly!

so menu for today
    B - melon
    L - ciabatta roll (heb) bacon, sauce (1)
    T - lamb shanks, mash, carrots, green beans, gravy (1)
    S - yogurt and apple, crisps(5)

have good one xx
    SW target - 54lb/29lb
    • lushlifesaver
    • By lushlifesaver 14th Oct 16, 2:23 PM
    • 2,106 Posts
    • 16,775 Thanks
    lushlifesaver
    can't see if I've reported the final verdict was a 1lb gain this week I'll take that!

Back on it - target revised down to what I want to be in the end now - I'm going to reset my progress on my online profile but not scrap all my awards etc (I'm 1lb away from my stone award now and then I'll just continue on award wise in class) I need to get my 1st and my club 10 again in class

Today it's Friday and so I am flexing as usual to have my slice of carrot cake as me and the finance manager do every Friday

This weekend we are away. breakfast at the hotel is £9.90 per person so that's a no! I've made a wheatbran cake for Saturday and one for sunday (got other bits for other two) Saturday night is a party, sunday night we'll be home for tea/i'll encourage a stop for a carvery) need to see what there is in the area lunch wise - I'll look that up now
    Perfect Princess born 26/03/14 <3
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 14th Oct 16, 2:39 PM
    • 4,444 Posts
    • 29,284 Thanks
    joedenise
    Well done Lush, that's a very small gain for a holiday! Wish mine had been the same!

That's good planning for the weekend. Can never understand why hotel breakfasts are so expensive but they always are.

Denise
    • blue_eyed_girl
    • By blue_eyed_girl 14th Oct 16, 4:52 PM
    • 3,375 Posts
    • 29,205 Thanks
    blue_eyed_girl
    b e g ~~ Good to see you.
    Great news on still being at target.
    Take care.
    Originally posted by beanielou
    Thanks beanie. It's good to be back.

Good to see you back, b_e_g.
    Originally posted by greentiger
    greentiger x

Morning everyone.

It was lovely and moist, but not really Christmas cake as we know it - I wouldn't offer it to non-SW friends and family, put it that way. As someone else said, better to have a small piece of the real thing and count the syns.

I find I would rather do this with most of the SW desserts to be honest.

Welcome back b_e_g. Well done for maintaining for 5 months, particularly with other issues going on in your life. You're doing the right thing by going to group every week, it keeps your mind focussed and you're an inspiration to other class members too. There are quite a few target members in my group who go every week however when I went to group before the target members tended to weigh and go which meant you didn't have that wealth of experience to tap into.
    Thank you so much Lois x

b_e_g
    SPC NO 041

• blue_eyed_girl
    • By blue_eyed_girl 14th Oct 16, 5:08 PM
    • 3,375 Posts
    • 29,205 Thanks
    blue_eyed_girl
    b-e-g[/B] and delighted you've stayed at target while you've been away.

Having managed a syn free day yesterday I'm planning how to tighten up today. I'm drinking plenty of water, well on my way to 2 litres. I've put NAS Ribena on my shopping list so that I can substitute hot squash for some teas to make sure I stay within my HEA. Tonight I'm not having wine syns to balance off the ones I shouldn't have had on Wednesday. We're going to the theatre so it'll be easier and I'm not having ice cream in the interval either. I've done my meal plan for the week and I've got another syn free day planned.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, ham, 2 fried eggs, half HEB toast, tomato, mushrooms, HEA milk for drinks
    L: LO hash, pickled cabbage
    D: smoked haddock, SW chips, green stuff (and mushrooms and tomato if I get the shop done).
    Syns: NONE!

DH proudly said he's only done one slice of toast this morning because he wants to help me. Then he said he doesn't think I'll want to have Crunchie at football on Sunday. That may be a step too far!
    by maman;71451859

Great to see you back [B
    Thanks for the welcome back maman.

You sound as though you are on a mission. Have you tried the Ribena Winter Spice (its no sugar added). Bought some for Mum this morning to make a change from tea and coffee for her and it was half price at Sainsbobs. Def think the Crunchie was a step too far

Well done B-E-G to maintaining with everything else which has been going on. Going to group definitely helps to keep you focussed.
    Originally posted by joedenise
    Thanks Denise its good to be back among you all. Would love to catch up on all that I've missed but I know thats not going to happen .

Welcome back BEG well done for maintaining!

Last night's weigh in was pants with a STS not sure why. I'm going to start writing everything down again and go back to basics, the new magazine came today so hopefully it'll inspire me.

Been out to the dentist and shopping today, passed the lovely butchers in town so grabbed some lamb shanks for tea... can't wait now we haven't had lamb since last xmas if I remember rightly!
    Originally posted by shala_moo
    shala. I think going back to basics can help some times as I know that I can become a bit complacent at times and think I'm being good when that isn't always necessarily the case lol. Last night we had the chicken korma and mango curry from the calendar that came free with the latest mag and have bought the stuff for the prawn and chorizo paella to try later in week.

b_e_g
    SPC NO 041

• greentiger
    • By greentiger 14th Oct 16, 6:30 PM
    • 1,629 Posts
    • 11,948 Thanks
    greentiger
    Lois, I agree that that omelette looks very tasty!

Crunchie deprivation, maman! That is not on!

I LOVE Christmas cake! I’ll have to get mine made very soon. And I love lamb too, shala.

Friday

Breakfast: kiwi, blueberries, strawberries, ff Greek yogurt, hexb toast & jam (2)
    Lunch: hm pea & ham soup, Milbona ff banana & custard yogurt (1?), banana
    Snack: WW carrot cake (5)
    Dinner: spaghetti Bolognese, parmesan (1 ½ )
    Snacks: hexa cheese and grapes

Syns used: 9 ½ Syns saved: 5 ½ Syns carried forward: 0 Syns balance:5 ½

Big game tomorrow – I promise not to fall out with beanie, whatever the result!
    16 in 16 Challenge 15/16
    Reading Challenge 22/40
    Film Challenge 38/52
    • wizkid1
    • By wizkid1 14th Oct 16, 7:01 PM
    • 1,506 Posts
    • 12,453 Thanks
    wizkid1
    Good evening, everyone, I am a bit late with posting my menu but, here it is now...EE day

Breakfast.. Bran flakes A/B raspberries.

Lunch. Pea and bacon soup, ( onion leek peas carrots garlic Bacon) sausage sandwich.6 Syns Apple.
    Dinner .. chicken breast mixed veg new potatoes.asda cornetto 5 Syns.

Extras 2 Rivita 3 syns.
    14 Syns.
    • Lois Lane
    • By Lois Lane 14th Oct 16, 7:52 PM
    • 3,228 Posts
    • 12,385 Thanks
    Lois Lane
    can't see if I've reported the final verdict was a 1lb gain this week I'll take that!

Today it's Friday and so I am flexing as usual to have my slice of carrot cake as me and the finance manager do every Friday
    Originally posted by lushlifesaver
    Wow, what a great result, well done. You deserve the carrot cake, hope you enjoyed it.

LL
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 14th Oct 16, 8:09 PM
    • 44,820 Posts
    • 155,232 Thanks
    beanielou
    Lol greentiger.
    Was there something with one of your players/managers & Jim Leishman who used to pay for the Pars?
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,108Posts Today

6,202Users online

Martin's Twitter