Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • shala_moo
    • By shala_moo 28th Aug 16, 11:44 AM
    • 3,093Posts
    • 25,819Thanks
    shala_moo
    Be Lean for Halloween with Slimming World
    • 28th Aug 16, 11:44 AM
    Be Lean for Halloween with Slimming World 28th Aug 16 at 11:44 AM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Food Optimising is a plan for life, it is not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you have been doing in the past has not got you to where you want to be.

You cannot use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising and Choose Success books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Anything that’s Free Food on Green OR Original – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables – is totally Free on Extra Easy!

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables

We have a Facebook group open to anyone joining us on this thread; to join please mention it in your post or drop Lushlifesaver a PM and an existing member can send you an invite.
    Mortgage = £166,050£128,839.49
    Mortgage Offset % = 20.81%
    Mortgage Neutral Date = Dec 2036 Mar 2028
    SW target - 54lb/29lb
Page 50
    • candyapple
    • By candyapple 12th Oct 16, 3:07 PM
    • 521 Posts
    • 3,535 Thanks
    candyapple
    Hi everyone

0.5lb gain on the scales this morning

Giving myself a good kick up the rear as my row on the chart is truly shocking. I *will* have a loss next week! Been feeling a bit out of sorts lately which I think is the reason I've been eating all kinds of rubbish but back to basics next week, writing everything down in a food diary, weighing & measuring my HEs (always weigh HEB but often end up estimating HEA).

Hope everyone else is ok, well done the losers this week and target achievers

• joedenise
    • By joedenise 12th Oct 16, 4:00 PM
    • 4,445 Posts
    • 29,286 Thanks
    joedenise
    Sorry Lush forgot to welcome you back yesterday. Glad you had a good day and familymoon (lovely word).

Matron - I think you're right to call target now, you can always reset it at a later date if you find you continue losing, as many do once they call target. Personally I think once you call target you relax a bit and don't stress out so much if you eat something "naughty".

As I said earlier in the week I've reined back in the syns after a very synful Sunday with friends but still expecting a gain tomorrow morning, or a STS if I'm really lucky - but I'll still have to pay as out of target.

Today's plan went a bit awry as we decided to eat out at lunchtime rather than the planned HM veg soup.

B - SW fry up
    L - Wetherspoons sweet potato, chickpea & spinach curry; rice; poppadom (small) & a bite of naan. No idea of syns and can't find it online. Have called it 8 as probably cooked in oil; a couple of syns for poppadom & bite of naan
    D - Burger (0.5); chips; baked beans; mushrooms; corn on the cob
    S - toast & butter (2)

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - 10.5 as above

Denise
    • mrsp1987
    • By mrsp1987 12th Oct 16, 6:02 PM
    • 781 Posts
    • 3,751 Thanks
    mrsp1987
    Was a bit naughty earlier on and had a subway with tuna and cheese but we were later back with the cats than expected and then settling them in etc and I just couldn't be bothered. I'm having my first SW pasta bake tonight though so I'm looking forward to that. I could have half of it (says it serves 4) and still be okay with my Hex A. Didn't have any cheese today - except for what was on the sub but that's been synned already
    Mortgage April 2011: £108,499 30 yr term Current Mortgage £96,211.87 20 yrs 10 months left
    O/P Fund: £2,336.81/£1,000
    Tilly Tidy #11: I've completely lost count!!
    MFiT T4 #67 - Reduce mortgage from £99,310.76 to £80,000. Currently £95,166.53
    • mrsp1987
    • By mrsp1987 12th Oct 16, 6:28 PM
    • 781 Posts
    • 3,751 Thanks
    mrsp1987
    Oops got confused between creme fraiche and fromage frais! We've got half fat creme fraiche in the fridge, which has a lot more syns in it! Oopsy daisy
    Mortgage April 2011: £108,499 30 yr term Current Mortgage £96,211.87 20 yrs 10 months left
    • Top Girl
    • By Top Girl 12th Oct 16, 7:14 PM
    • 912 Posts
    • 6,290 Thanks
    Top Girl
    Woohoo bigger bowls of porridge just in time for the cold mornings!
    Also going to start looking at some soup recipes, chunky soup would feel more filling for me I think!
    Originally posted by mrsp1987
    I love this one

http://tastefullyvikkie.com/2015/04/30/just-what-i-needed-fat-free-yummy-chicken-noodle-soup-maker-friendly-recipe-soup-maker-friendly/

I always put extra carrots and celery in and I make it whenever I'm under the weather or fed up. Don't be fooled by the link, it can be made on the hob too
    • mrsp1987
    • By mrsp1987 12th Oct 16, 7:31 PM
    • 781 Posts
    • 3,751 Thanks
    mrsp1987
    Awesome topgirl, that's just the type of thing I'm after! Might swap the celery for leek, I'm not a huge celery fan. I find it really bitter if it's not cooked out for ages and then it loses a lot of flavour anyway.
    I'm making soup this weekend!
    • shala_moo
    • By shala_moo 12th Oct 16, 7:43 PM
    • 3,093 Posts
    • 25,819 Thanks
    shala_moo
    Welcome back lush, so glad you had a great time and you looked stunning on your wedding day

Apologies beanie. I'll add you to the chart! congratulations on your loss.. ..

Not had a bad few days here, I'm hoping for a 1lb loss tomorrow as that would give me my 1.5stone award so fingers crossed.

It's taster night at ours too, I'm trialling a fat free tea loaf from the BBQ good food site. It works out at 5 syns per small slice, but I've added lots of spices and if it's nice I'll adapt it a bit and have a healthier Christmas cake this year

Hope everyone else is ok xx
    SW target - 54lb/29lb
    • shala_moo
    • By shala_moo 12th Oct 16, 7:48 PM
    • 3,093 Posts
    • 25,819 Thanks
    shala_moo
    This a list of all our lovely SW-ers that have reached target!

They have a wealth of knowledge, having been there, done it, and bought the smaller t-shirt so please feel free to ask them (and us) questions!

Maman - target member for 5 years
    Take It Easy - target member for 10 years
    Meg72 - target member since 2015
    Tweets - target member since Aug 15
    JoeDenise - target member for 5 years
    Blue_Eyed_Girl - target member since May 2016
    Arkers - target member since June 2016
    MrsP1987 - target member since August 2016
    Debjay - target member since August 2016
    Beanielou - target member since October 2016
    Originally posted by shala_moo
    I have added the lovely Beanielou to our target roll of honour!

Congratulations!
    SW target - 54lb/29lb
    • flutterbyuk25
    • By flutterbyuk25 12th Oct 16, 8:33 PM
    • 6,982 Posts
    • 35,488 Thanks
    flutterbyuk25
    Congrats Beanie!

Today:

B - scrambled egg and beans on wholemeal toast heb
    L - jacket spud with cheese hea and salad
    D - wrap 8syns, Mexican rice 1.5syns, loads of veggies and salad. 2syns of sour cream. Cheese heax2
    Snacks - pear, oranges, alpen light heb, milk hea
    Little bit of body magic as I left the car at the shops and walked half mile to baby group as cba to faff with collapsing the buggy!
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 12th Oct 16, 8:38 PM
    • 44,833 Posts
    • 155,300 Thanks
    beanielou
    Great idea MM
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 12th Oct 16, 8:43 PM
    • 44,833 Posts
    • 155,300 Thanks
    beanielou
    Thank you Shala & no need to aplogise.
    Thank you as always for all your hard work.
    Appreciated by me & by the others.

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • Lois Lane
    • By Lois Lane 12th Oct 16, 8:51 PM
    • 3,229 Posts
    • 12,390 Thanks
    Lois Lane
    I have added the lovely Beanielou to our target roll of honour!

Congratulations!
    Thanks for reminding us of all our brilliant target members, you're all great inspiration to those of us still trying to get there.

After deciding to stop going to class this morning I received a lovely message from the consultant suggesting one last time so she could say goodbye properly so I went tonight after all, and made a decision to return in April when I get back from Spain.

I was reminded of the reason I joined SW this year, which was because I want to get to target so that I can be a target member (again).

I've got a deadline of September 2017 to get to target and 2 stone 5 to lose so I'll need to increase my average weight loss between now and then! It's taken me 2 years to lose 3.5 stone which is an average of 1/2 lb each week. At that rate I'll only have lost 1 stone 10. I need to increase my average to 2/3rd of a lb per week, which isn't a huge increase is it?

I can do this.

LL
    • Lois Lane
    • By Lois Lane 12th Oct 16, 8:56 PM
    • 3,229 Posts
    • 12,390 Thanks
    Lois Lane
    It's taster night at ours too, I'm trialling a fat free tea loaf from the BBQ good food site. It works out at 5 syns per small slice, but I've added lots of spices and if it's nice I'll adapt it a bit and have a healthier Christmas cake this year.
    Our consultant did a Christmas cake from the new festive book, which you can get free with a 12 week countdown. She called it a last minute Christmas cake and the raffle prize was the ingredients for it, which included a butternut squash. It was absolutely delicious. The recipe makes 20 slices at 5 Syns per slice.

LL
    • Lois Lane
    • By Lois Lane 12th Oct 16, 9:14 PM
    • 3,229 Posts
    • 12,390 Thanks
    Lois Lane
    At least you've got a set of new books to take back to Spain. You know you only have to ask for any info. on the website and we'll get it for you. Do you stock up on anything you can't get when you're away? Do they sell Frylight in Spain?
    Originally posted by maman
    Thanks for that.

You hit the nail on the head with Frylight, that's the only food item I take now. Following SW is more challenging in Spain but I've managed to find suitable alternative Hebs and focus on eating plenty of salad, fresh fruit and vegetables. Some uk brands are available - Heinz beans, laughing cow light, ryvita, but they cost more of course. Spanish supermarkets have a huge choice of meat but not the same as in the uk, we get by with what we know, focussing mainly on chicken and fish so it's probably better for us.

LL
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 12th Oct 16, 9:33 PM
    • 44,833 Posts
    • 155,300 Thanks
    beanielou
    Lois~~ Yes, you can & will do this

• greentiger
    • By greentiger 12th Oct 16, 9:42 PM
    • 1,629 Posts
    • 11,950 Thanks
    greentiger
    Maman, I’m with you in the ‘leftover casserole veg as soup’ camp, although I don’t seem to need to add extra veg, but usually a bit more stock! I do have a proper blender, but since I bought the stick blender that’s used more often. I do like to vary whether I have smooth or chunky soup, even if the ingredients are the same. Tomorrow I’m making pea & ham soup (From a chicken? – a wee joke for some our more mature members!)

Congrats on becoming a Target Member, beanie.

Wednesday

Pre-Breakfast: banana
    Breakfast: hexb porridge, splash milk
    Lunch out: leek & potato soup, nice bread toasted, tomato & chilli gnocchi (oily)with halloumi, small slice lemon balm and ginger cheesecake (oops)
    Dinner: frittata (with mushroom, red onion, and leftover potato, turnip and Brussels sprouts), ML vanilla 7 choc sprinkle yogurt with raspberries
    Snacks: hexa cheese and grapes

Syns used: all + Syns saved: 0 Syns carried forward: 14 ½
    Syns balance: 0

Back to being careful tomorrow.
    [COLOR=Red]Stashbusting lost track!
    16 in 16 Challenge 15/16
    weight loss September/October 0lbs/9lbs
    Reading Challenge 22/40
    Film Challenge 38/52
    • duchy
    • By duchy 13th Oct 16, 1:17 AM
    • 17,823 Posts
    • 45,073 Thanks
    duchy
    Ooooh turn your back for a couple of days and miss the congratulations. Thanks everyone

I need to keep on the straight and narrow just booked a cruise for April
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

Apparently having a "Quirky and Hipster" wedding
    • BettyBoof
    • By BettyBoof 13th Oct 16, 8:46 AM
    • 208 Posts
    • 1,340 Thanks
    BettyBoof
    Congrats on SOTW, duchy, great work.

Welcome back Lush, I'm so glad your day and familymoon was so lovely.

Well done Beanie on being at target!

I'm just catching up with everyone's news as I've not been online much this week.

I've been super-good this week and my home scales show I have STS - arrgghh! Weigh-in in Saturday so not sure I've got time to drop any before then. So annoying.
    £1000 Emergency fund #120 = £650 (65%)
    • wizkid1
    • By wizkid1 13th Oct 16, 9:49 AM
    • 1,510 Posts
    • 12,465 Thanks
    wizkid1
    Good morning, this hopefully will be my menu for today...

Breakfast.. Bran flakes. A/B Frozen raspberries.

Lunch.. 1 oz of cheese A 1 egg on toast 6 Syns lettuce tomatoes. Melon

Dinner. Fish, B s/w chips peas and carrots. Lemon. Apple

Extra 2 Rivita 3 Syns crisps 5 Syns f f yoghurt.
    14 Syns.
    • maman
    • By maman 13th Oct 16, 12:53 PM
    • 15,002 Posts
    • 88,491 Thanks
    maman
    Thank you Shala & no need to aplogise.
    Thank you as always for all your hard work.
    Appreciated by me & by the others.
    Originally posted by beanielou

Definitely!!

Welcome back lush, so glad you had a great time and you looked stunning on your wedding day

I don't do FB so I didn't get to see the photos.

I went to WI this morning, had a 2.5 lbs. gain and I'm above target range.
    Having had a while to think about it, that's 2.5 over the 7 weeks since I last went to WI so hardly a disaster BUT....

It's spurred me on to have a really good week coming up. So definitely no chocolate and all my syn free/low syn favourites will be on next week's meal plan. My next meal out is next Thursday so fits in beautifully. I've prepped tonight's dinner and the hash doesn't have my usual tweaks of cheese and chorizo so that's a start.

I went to the new group this morning and there were a few other fugitives from my old one as the morning WI suits us better. The consultant is very different from my old one so I think I'll like it. They had Christmas tasting with the last minute cake too lois. I didn't taste it but it reminded me of bread pudding to look at, very moist and smelled lovely.

I picked up the new magazine too but I'm only just reading last month's. Has anyone tried the beef chow mein? The only ingredients I don't have are oyster sauce and cider vinegar. I'm happy to buy some in but wondered whether red or white vinegar would be just as good. Anyone tried the recipe or have chow mein recipe to recommend?

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB Puffed Wheat, HEA milk
    L: JP with cottage cheese and pickles
    D: Austrian ham hash, cauli and broccoli
    Syns: None!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

289Posts Today

1,485Users online

Martin's Twitter