Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • shala_moo
    • By shala_moo 28th Aug 16, 11:44 AM
    • 3,092Posts
    • 25,815Thanks
    shala_moo
    Be Lean for Halloween with Slimming World
    • 28th Aug 16, 11:44 AM
    Be Lean for Halloween with Slimming World 28th Aug 16 at 11:44 AM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Food Optimising is a plan for life, it is not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you have been doing in the past has not got you to where you want to be.

You cannot use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising and Choose Success books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Anything that’s Free Food on Green OR Original – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables – is totally Free on Extra Easy!

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables

We have a Facebook group open to anyone joining us on this thread; to join please mention it in your post or drop Lushlifesaver a PM and an existing member can send you an invite.
    Mortgage = £166,050£128,839.49
    Mortgage Offset % = 20.81%
    Mortgage Neutral Date = Dec 2036 Mar 2028
    SW target - 54lb/29lb
Page 46
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 8th Oct 16, 10:27 AM
    • 44,824 Posts
    • 155,252 Thanks
    beanielou
    Lois~~ the magnets are for SOTW.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • mrsp1987
    • By mrsp1987 8th Oct 16, 10:29 AM
    • 781 Posts
    • 3,751 Thanks
    mrsp1987
    Back home from Madrid. Flight extremely delayed - arrived home at 3am. Just woken up, going to see what damage has been done
    Mortgage April 2011: £108,499 30 yr term Current Mortgage £96,211.87 20 yrs 10 months left
    O/P Fund: £2,336.81/£1,000
    Tilly Tidy #11: I've completely lost count!!
    MFiT T4 #67 - Reduce mortgage from £99,310.76 to £80,000. Currently £95,166.53
    • shala_moo
    • By shala_moo 8th Oct 16, 10:38 AM
    • 3,092 Posts
    • 25,815 Thanks
    shala_moo
    It's has gone quiet, I seem to have scared everyone off by starting to post again

Welcome back Mrsp, did you have a wonderful time?

I've been looking for recipes for taster night too Lois, pinchofnom is quite good. their 1 syn coconut and jam sponge looks quite nice so I'm going to try that or the satay chicken skewers. When do you fly back out to Spain? It can't be long now..

Determined to stick to plan this week so really need to get a meal plan together, OH has hidden the scales so no mid week sneaky weighs and tonight we are having an Indian feast using the new Curry Book so no need to be tempted into a takeaway when he comes home a bit tipsy later!

Meal plan for today
    Brunch - waffles (heb) Apple, yogurt
    Tea - Sri Lankan beef & pineapple curry, Bombay potatoes, pilau rice, carrot & onion bhajis, mint yogurt, mango chutney and poppadums (syns)
    Snacks - crisps(5) fruit to up the speed content of the day!

Hope everyone has a great weekend X
    Last edited by shala_moo; 08-10-2016 at 10:40 AM.
    Mortgage = £166,050£128,839.49
    Mortgage Offset % = 20.81%
    Mortgage Neutral Date = Dec 2036 Mar 2028
    SW target - 54lb/29lb
    • candyapple
    • By candyapple 8th Oct 16, 10:43 AM
    • 521 Posts
    • 3,535 Thanks
    candyapple
    Hi everyone

Thanks shala for the HEB list, I was trying to work out how to add a pic on here but must have had my ditzy head on as it didn't work

Not much going on today, I'm working till midday then stuck indoors while I wait for a parcel. Weather doesn't seem too bad so a bit of body magic walking the pooch I think!

B - overnight oats with aldi lemon greek yoghurts & strawbs
    L - LO nacho style feast (must make this again it's blummin gorgeous) and some veg
    T - gammon grill with some form of potato & more veg

No syns yet .. may have a G&T later though

Only 12 weeks to christmas how scary is that! Must start my shopping soon

Have a good weekend everyone
    xx

• mrsp1987
    • By mrsp1987 8th Oct 16, 11:11 AM
    • 781 Posts
    • 3,751 Thanks
    mrsp1987
    Hi Shala yes we had a lovely time. Was a bit more expensive and busier than we'd anticipated but we did have fun. The Estadio Bernabeu was definitely the highlight! And Retiro Parque.
    We're probably going to go back to Croatia next year - it's just more laid back and in between bustling and manically busy.
    According to my scales I'm looking at about 1-2 lb gain, which is better than I thought, but will wait until Monday for an official report. I'm so tired today I might wait to go back on plan tomorrow.
    I need to get my form filled out and posted for my flight delay compensation today but other than that and food shopping I'm doing nothing!!
    Mortgage April 2011: £108,499 30 yr term Current Mortgage £96,211.87 20 yrs 10 months left
    • TakeItEazy
    • By TakeItEazy 8th Oct 16, 11:45 AM
    • 2,058 Posts
    • 13,752 Thanks
    TakeItEazy
    Morning all (just), can't believe I slept (fairly) solidly until 8.50 this morning . First time in months . Downside, came down to a small puddle from poor dog who's used to me getting up much earlier
    WI gained that pesky .4lb again (although not BEEN today, sorry tmi)

Off to an anniversary party today so no idea of food but is a sit down and couple are veggies so mostly veg based. Says party but it's not a normal one i.e. Disco etc just lots of chatting. Son is taking me and it's in middle of nowhere so we may not even find it

Have a good one all
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 8th Oct 16, 12:08 PM
    • 4,444 Posts
    • 29,284 Thanks
    joedenise
    My consultant didn't have new SOTW magnets. Think it depends on whether the consultant decides to buy them or not - don't think SW give them away out of the goodness of their hearts, LOL!

LL we're not actually having festive tasters until the week before Christmas when we have our party. Glad about that as I always struggle to try to think of something I haven't done before. Consultant was hinting I could make the St Clements cheesecake from the new Christmas book!!!

How many weeks have you got before you go back to Spain? Thinking it's probably the end of the month as that's when most sites here seem to close.

Another EE day today:

B - bacon & mushroom omlette (even managed to get some Speed in there, LOL!)
    L - LO duck casserole/stew (the last of it)
    D - sausages (2 syns); potatoes; veg; HM syn free onion gravy
    S - toast; laughing cow extra light cheese triangle

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread

Syns - sausages 2; red wine 15; laughing cow 1

Over by 3 syns plus 0.5 from yesterday but easily pulled back during the week.

Denise
    • maman
    • By maman 8th Oct 16, 12:12 PM
    • 14,998 Posts
    • 88,464 Thanks
    maman
    Hope you manage to find your party tie.

I think this thread is like a RL group in some respects shala. People come and go, rejoin etc. I expect we'll get busier once everyone thinks about getting into their Christmas outfits. And I think we have lurkers who are hoping to join but waiting for the right moment.

I only have cereal occasionally lois but it's what I always have before a morning WI. When I joined it was a spur of the moment thing and I'd already had breakfast so I've stuck with the same habit. Porage we have about once a week and I don't measure it so the fact the allowance has gone up is very pleasing. I wish they'd put up the bread allowance. Is it after half term that you go back to Spain?

Good to have you back from Madrid mrsp. That doesn't sound like too much damage was done.

Has anyone tried the lamb pasanda recipe that came with the October magazine? I was thinking of trying it but there's a tin of tomatoes and 300g of passata so wondered if the sauce was a bit thin.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB toast, 2 fried eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, ham, HEA milk for drinks
    L: JP with veggie chilli and cottage cheese
    D: HM pork burgers, fried onions, patatas bravas, mushrooms, green stuff
    Syns: weekend wine
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 8th Oct 16, 1:06 PM
    • 4,444 Posts
    • 29,284 Thanks
    joedenise
    Maman - that lamb pasanda recipe definitely sounds as though it would be a very thin sauce. Think I'd leave out the passata and just put in the tin of tomatoes. You can always add some stock or water if it's too think once you can see what it looks like.

Denise
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 8th Oct 16, 2:01 PM
    • 1,709 Posts
    • 3,599 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    WI today showed a list of 1/2lb.....I know it's a loss but I can't help feeling a little disappointed

Don't know if any else knows but Asda are doing 12 muller lights for £3.

(Tried the mint one last week and didn't think much of it but loved the orange one!)

Is there a shortage of orange hifi bars ? There hasn't been any in my class for a while now
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge
    • BettyBoof
    • By BettyBoof 8th Oct 16, 2:31 PM
    • 208 Posts
    • 1,340 Thanks
    BettyBoof
    Just popping in quickly to say that I weighed in at class today and STS shala.

I'm okay with that since I know I gained and then lost 2lbs this week but I really need to knuckle down now and stop wasting weeks losing the same set of pounds! I'm signing up for a 12 week countdown next week so that will help me to focus.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    £1000 Emergency fund #120 = £650 (65%)
    • mrsp1987
    • By mrsp1987 8th Oct 16, 3:27 PM
    • 781 Posts
    • 3,751 Thanks
    mrsp1987

Good to have you back from Madrid mrsp. That doesn't sound like too much damage was done.
    Originally posted by maman
    There's still time maman - today seems to be all about chocolate and carbs. I'm so tired I don't even know my name
    • mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 8th Oct 16, 4:29 PM
    • 1,261 Posts
    • 5,813 Thanks
    mary hinge
    Shala I too am having a fakeaway feast from the curry club book tonight! I have the bharjis, bombay potatoes and chicken tikka masala cooking I tried the Lamb Bhuna last week but it had a horrendous after taste and went in the bin have no idea what I did wrong there

-0.5LBS This week and the frustration continues. I'm not sure weekly weigh ins with these results are really beneficial to me. They frustrate me P!%5 me off and then I cry I am working so hard at the gym/bootcamp/zumba/running and my food has been bang on. This is week 5/6 of teeny losses so my body should of adapted by now to the exercise surely! I still have 7st to lose so it's not like I'm close to target either!

Mrs H x
    Living in a superhero induced haze
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 8th Oct 16, 5:13 PM
    • 4,444 Posts
    • 29,284 Thanks
    joedenise
    Shala I too am having a fakeaway feast from the curry club book tonight! I have the bharjis, bombay potatoes and chicken tikka masala cooking I tried the Lamb Bhuna last week but it had a horrendous after taste and went in the bin have no idea what I did wrong there

-0.5LBS This week and the frustration continues. I'm not sure weekly weigh ins with these results are really beneficial to me. They frustrate me P!%5 me off and then I cry I am working so hard at the gym/bootcamp/zumba/running and my food has been bang on. This is week 5/6 of teeny losses so my body should of adapted by now to the exercise surely! I still have 7st to lose so it's not like I'm close to target either!

Mrs H x
    Originally posted by mary hinge
    Mary - do you think it might be helpful if you posted your menus on here so others can see what you're doing? It may be that your not synning things that should be for example.

Do your measure your HEA & HEB? Do you weigh things which need weighing when synning them?

Perhaps you need to mix up what you're eating a bit more as sometimes our bodies just get used to eating the same foods all the time.

Perhaps challenge yourself to have a different HEB every day; to have a certain number of Speed foods; drink at least 2 litres of water a day - that sort of thing.

Denise
    • Lois Lane
    • By Lois Lane 8th Oct 16, 5:53 PM
    • 3,228 Posts
    • 12,385 Thanks
    Lois Lane
    When do you fly back out to Spain? It can't be long now..
    Originally posted by shala_moo
    How many weeks have you got before you go back to Spain? Thinking it's probably the end of the month as that's when most sites here seem to close.
    Originally posted by joedenise
    We're closing the shop on Monday 31st October and we'll be on the ferry the following Sunday, the 6th November. We usually close on the last Saturday of October, which falls at the end of half term, however there's a classic car rally here that weekend so we made the decision to stay open for the whole weekend. It's going to be a juggling act as we try to run the stocks down before we close, but we'll need to have some fresh stuff just in case, and we'll be doing fish and chips so cleaning the kitchen will have to wait.

Lois~~ the magnets are for SOTW.
    Originally posted by beanielou
    I'm not likely to get one of those then...

I can understand how frustrating it is for you Mary and reiterate all of Denise's advice and I'd also suggest you think about portion control. I know SW say eat as much as you like, but I'm not sure that works for everyone. I try to stick to 3 meals a day, restricting carbs, bananas, yogurts and snacks and choose speed fruit and veg in preference to other free fruit and veg as much as possible.

Have you tried doing EESP? That really helps focus the mind on how much free food is available that isn't Speed.

Have a good evening everyone, I'm looking forward to Strictly!

LL
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 08-10-2016 at 5:56 PM.
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 8th Oct 16, 9:21 PM
    • 4,444 Posts
    • 29,284 Thanks
    joedenise
    Have already pulled back 5 syns - only had 2 small glasses of wine instead of the planned 3.

Think I now only have to rein back about 3 syns or something like that over the next 4 days, easy peasy!

Denise
    • Emmylou
    • By Emmylou 8th Oct 16, 10:36 PM
    • 1,019 Posts
    • 1,425 Thanks
    Emmylou
    Well done to the SOTWs and thank you, as always Shala for the chart.

Just running in to say lost 1/2 lb this week, really happy with that as it's shark star week and I felt really bloated and sloshy on Thursday morning.

Spent today making a boat-load of soup - five portions of carrot & coriander and five of leek & potato are now in the freezer for workday lunches; last week was so cold in the office I really couldn't get enthused about salad any more.
    We may not have it all together, but together we have it all
    B&SC Member No 324

Living with ME, fibromyalgia and (newly diagnosed but been there a long time) EDS Type 3 (Hypermobility). Woo hoo
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 8th Oct 16, 11:23 PM
    • 1,709 Posts
    • 3,599 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime

Mrs H x
    Mary

I can so relate to what you've posted; I've been good this week and to lose only 1/2 lb is demoralising.

However it is a loss - which is the only positive I can spin on it . Someone posted on our groups Facebook page asking how to lose weight and someone suggested changing their hea & heb so this is what I'm trying next week.

As for the exercise as my class leader would ask are you seeing/ feeling off the scales results?
    Last edited by gettingtheresometime; 08-10-2016 at 11:32 PM.
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge
    • Rosylee
    • By Rosylee 8th Oct 16, 11:30 PM
    • 197 Posts
    • 554 Thanks
    Rosylee
    Disappointed with a 1lb gain. Can't understand why as been on plan and within Syns. Only thing I can think is I have had more carbs than last week
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 9th Oct 16, 9:13 AM
    • 4,444 Posts
    • 29,284 Thanks
    joedenise
    Our bodies do some funny things sometimes and we just have to "go with the flow". I'm sure it'll come off just as quickly as it went on if you stick to plan this week.

Today is another EE day:

B - Fry up - bacon, egg, mushrooms, potatoes, sausage (0.5), beans
    L - Roast chicken dinner - chicken, roast potatoes, roasted peppers & onions, cabbage, cauliflower, green beans, HM onion gravy
    D - something on toast

HEA - milk
    HEB - 3 crustless bread

Syns - undecided as yet

Denise
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

592Posts Today

3,456Users online

Martin's Twitter