Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • blink18
    • By blink18 27th Aug 16, 10:44 PM
    • 467Posts
    • 806Thanks
    blink18
    5.35 Sky deal coming to an end, where to move?
    • 27th Aug 16, 10:44 PM
    5.35 Sky deal coming to an end, where to move? 27th Aug 16 at 10:44 PM
    so I took advantage of the 5.35 a year deal with sky last year

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/broadband/2015/09/urgent535-for-a-years-sky-line-rental-and-broadband

and its due to come to an end shortly.

So those that took up the offer, where will you be moving to? has sky offered you a retention deal?
Page 1
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 27th Aug 16, 11:15 PM
    • 1,547 Posts
    • 400 Thanks
    AndyPK
    • 27th Aug 16, 11:15 PM
    • 27th Aug 16, 11:15 PM
    Sky will probably offer you 2.50 +LR
    If you lock in for 12m
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 28th Aug 16, 3:19 PM
    • 5,860 Posts
    • 3,455 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 28th Aug 16, 3:19 PM
    • 28th Aug 16, 3:19 PM
    You won't beat or even match that del, as it includes the effect of a bonus for being a new customer, but Sky do offer good retention deals.

Mine, soon to end, is half price line rental and free broadband, with the 8 calls package. This was a special after someone messed up free broadband with 9.99 line rental, but I hope for better than 2.50 for broadband and full price line.
    • karljt2013
    • By karljt2013 28th Aug 16, 5:35 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    karljt2013
    • 28th Aug 16, 5:35 PM
    • 28th Aug 16, 5:35 PM
    Sky will probably offer you 2.50 +LR
    If you lock in for 12m
    Originally posted by AndyPK
    That isn't bad, but considering the current plusnet offer turns out at 9.00 per month after cashback that is too high.

I am on the exact same Sky deal, looking for a new home now because Sky isn't going to offer me what I want to pay.
    • A Frayed Knot
    • By A Frayed Knot 24th Sep 16, 2:02 PM
    • 1,743 Posts
    • 7,994 Thanks
    A Frayed Knot
    • 24th Sep 16, 2:02 PM
    • 24th Sep 16, 2:02 PM
    I also got the Sky deal, so now looking for a new one. So far, thought BT, but have only been looking for 5 mins, so will continue with the search.

Hope someone comes along to give us good advice.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 24th Sep 16, 2:10 PM
    • 5,860 Posts
    • 3,455 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 24th Sep 16, 2:10 PM
    • 24th Sep 16, 2:10 PM
    I'm going to look up deals, then have figures ready for when I call Sky, next week. I've done this twice before and stayed.

The offers didn't compete with others when cashback was included, but that isn't guaranteed and something I am happy to forgo to avoid the hassle of changing.
    • A Frayed Knot
    • By A Frayed Knot 30th Sep 16, 10:23 PM
    • 1,743 Posts
    • 7,994 Thanks
    A Frayed Knot
    • 30th Sep 16, 10:23 PM
    • 30th Sep 16, 10:23 PM
    Anyone know how much notice you have to give sky when leaving them?

I got the sky deal last year for my mum (who was with BT before) and she want to go back to them, as call charges with sky were expensive, especially for abroad. I will also change to BT cause looks like the best deal for me, with tcb and reward card. I only use basic anyway.

However on looking at BT reward card dates - this looks like it's now out of date, although they are still advertising on tcb.

Minefield for me, can anyone help? Many thanks.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 1st Oct 16, 8:48 PM
    • 5,860 Posts
    • 3,455 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 1st Oct 16, 8:48 PM
    • 1st Oct 16, 8:48 PM
    Anyone know how much notice you have to give sky when leaving them?

I got the sky deal last year for my mum (who was with BT before) and she want to go back to them, as call charges with sky were expensive, especially for abroad. I will also change to BT cause looks like the best deal for me, with tcb and reward card. I only use basic anyway.

However on looking at BT reward card dates - this looks like it's now out of date, although they are still advertising on tcb.

Minefield for me, can anyone help? Many thanks.
    Originally posted by A Frayed Knot

Ask Sky what they can offer. I will be doing just that either tomorrow or on Monday.
    • A Frayed Knot
    • By A Frayed Knot 5th Oct 16, 9:12 PM
    • 1,743 Posts
    • 7,994 Thanks
    A Frayed Knot
    • 5th Oct 16, 9:12 PM
    • 5th Oct 16, 9:12 PM
    Ordered bt internet and phone for my mum with tcb. Just need to find out if I need to inform sky or bt will do that.

How do you get on Teddysmum?
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 5th Oct 16, 9:59 PM
    • 5,860 Posts
    • 3,455 Thanks
    teddysmum
    Ordered bt internet and phone for my mum with tcb. Just need to find out if I need to inform sky or bt will do that.

How do you get on Teddysmum?
    Originally posted by A Frayed Knot
    Free broadband which the man said was worth 7.50 and no budge even when I said I'd cancelled tv in case of a rise but would reinstate after a good phone/ADSL offer.

I mentioned that PlusNet and BT had better offers and his comment was that they included cashback and stuck to his guns. Others have mentioned this attitude towards cashback or vouchers reducing cost.

I will try one other person tomorrow or it's PlusNet, who are giving a direct 75 credit (ie no 3rd party for a switch) and have a 12 month contract with free broadband and line saver, too;much cheaper than the Sky offer, which will probably go up by 1 later this year.
    • newtosaving1
    • By newtosaving1 6th Oct 16, 10:23 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    newtosaving1
    New broadband customer
    Hi
    Does anyone have any experience with plusnet? I am purchasing broadband for the first time and the plusnet deal seems very good after cashback, but when searching plusnet reviews (as I do before purchasing pretty much anything), almost every review is very very negative, despite the site suggesting it as an option! (would have probably taken sky broadband offer, but recently bought the tv package).

Can anyone please advise?
    Many thanks in advance
    • anactuary
    • By anactuary 7th Oct 16, 9:24 AM
    • 599 Posts
    • 148 Thanks
    anactuary
    Hi
    Does anyone have any experience with plusnet? I am purchasing broadband for the first time and the plusnet deal seems very good after cashback, but when searching plusnet reviews (as I do before purchasing pretty much anything), almost every review is very very negative, despite the site suggesting it as an option! (would have probably taken sky broadband offer, but recently bought the tv package).

Can anyone please advise?
    Many thanks in advance
    Originally posted by newtosaving1
    I have been pretty happy with plusnet and have been happy with sky in the past. I avoid TalkTalk and BT after bad experiences in the past, but some will have had the opposite. MSE gives service ratings at the bottom of each deal.

You can sometimes get cashback on top from the likes of Quidco (but sometimes not as well as cashback directly from plusnet) but if not the referral thread is a way of helping other MSE'ers with plusnet.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 7th Oct 16, 3:38 PM
    • 5,860 Posts
    • 3,455 Thanks
    teddysmum
    I'm just going to join Plus Net and will dust off the Humax PVR after Sky's lack of offer.

I cancelled tv and they briefly offered 60% off tv (a couple of days' window) then cut it to 50% off for 10 months (effectively 40% off).

I then rang , as usual to haggle phone etc and was offered a paltry free broadband with full price line.

Today I got an email saying that if I keep line , I get free broadband and the use of Sky+ with an offer of immediate chat.

The offer there was even worse; just half price broadband and full price line. Then as Sky are mainly interested in tv, an all in offer phone and tv, which was actually equivalent to full price tv and a slight reduction elsewhere.

Apparently Sky are finding rolling out Q and the new football deals to be expensive. (Poor things )
    • A1jockey
    • By A1jockey 14th Oct 16, 9:50 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    A1jockey
    Sky deals
    Hi , I recently took advantage of a click through offer for Sky broadband and phone from the MSE site. Good old Openreach refused to accept the order TWO days before activation, quoting some issue with previous occupant of the house... I moved in a month ago. Now Sky say they may not be able to honour the offer as " it wasn't their offer" . As the MSE offer was time limited, I need to start the order again, get a new number and pay a higher monthly rental plus activation fee!
    Nice !
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 14th Oct 16, 6:45 PM
    • 1,547 Posts
    • 400 Thanks
    AndyPK
    Got to plusnet, They are doing free BB ATM + LR
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 14th Oct 16, 7:35 PM
    • 5,860 Posts
    • 3,455 Thanks
    teddysmum
    Got to plusnet, They are doing free BB ATM + LR
    Originally posted by AndyPK

With 50 cashback directly from them (not a cashback site). It was 75 until Tuesday.
    • eset12345
    • By eset12345 17th Oct 16, 2:34 AM
    • 288 Posts
    • 413 Thanks
    eset12345
    I had a similar problem with this offer coming to an end, I took advantage of the 60 a year mse sky offer, it allowed me to sign up with my current details and its all active and the 5 a year offer has been cancelled
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,718Posts Today

6,509Users online

Martin's Twitter