Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jordan1984
    • By Jordan1984 27th Aug 16, 9:06 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Jordan1984
    NICS Executive Officer II (EOII) Recruitment Competition 2016
    • 27th Aug 16, 9:06 AM
    NICS Executive Officer II (EOII) Recruitment Competition 2016 27th Aug 16 at 9:06 AM
    Hi All,

I am just wondering if anybody else has passed the NICS interview for the EOII competition and has been given their merit number? Anybody have any information regarding if/when successful applicants will be placed etc?

I have undergone the pre-appointment checks so I'm just waiting to see when and if I will be placed. Anyone know of how many positions need to be filled?

Have a good day!!
Page 3
    • Cathy17
    • By Cathy17 5th Dec 16, 12:54 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Cathy17
    How is everyone getting on with the process?
    • Bober88
    • By Bober88 5th Dec 16, 4:38 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bober88
    Are you still waiting to be placed?
    • Cathy17
    • By Cathy17 5th Dec 16, 4:46 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Cathy17
    Yeah still waiting!
    • Bober88
    • By Bober88 5th Dec 16, 4:48 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bober88
    Well apparently there's more training scheduled for May and June so may be a bit of a wait
    • Cathy17
    • By Cathy17 5th Dec 16, 6:58 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Cathy17
    I emailed them and I was shocked that they even gave me any info. I'm 6th on the list.
    • Bober88
    • By Bober88 6th Dec 16, 3:42 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bober88
    Well that's promising as there's 9 in a team
    • Cathy17
    • By Cathy17 6th Dec 16, 4:08 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Cathy17
    Yeah so so close! Ready to accept that phonecall.
    • sportsarb
    • By sportsarb 7th Dec 16, 7:09 AM
    • 586 Posts
    • 436 Thanks
    sportsarb
    A new internal selection process started for PIP yesterday.
    • damianmcr
    • By damianmcr 7th Dec 16, 9:09 AM
    • 142 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    damianmcr
    A new internal EO2 board is due to begin soon.
    • Cathy17
    • By Cathy17 7th Dec 16, 9:51 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Cathy17
    Are they just for existing civil servants looking for a promotion etc?
    • Golden Anemone
    • By Golden Anemone 7th Dec 16, 4:47 PM
    • 1,468 Posts
    • 1,354 Thanks
    Golden Anemone
    Yes, internal competitions are only open to existing staff at the grade below.
    • Robwacked
    • By Robwacked 23rd Jan 17, 6:47 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Robwacked
    Hi, just got an offer. Im accepting it, but am wary of the 51 weeks contract. I can't apply for internal vacancies either.

I hewr differing stories of what will happen after 51 weeks. But I get the feeling I would be let go. Can anyone working weigh in?

Thanks
    • bingo bango
    • By bingo bango 24th Jan 17, 10:50 AM
    • 2,416 Posts
    • 1,433 Thanks
    bingo bango
    Pretty sure that's exactly what would happen. 51 week contracts are designed so that you don't gain enough employment history to become entitled to a permanent position.

My first NICS contract was 51 weeks and I did indeed get let go after week 51.
    • Bober88
    • By Bober88 24th Jan 17, 11:15 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bober88
    Everyone seems pretty positive of getting at least one extension. What section are you going to?
    • sportsarb
    • By sportsarb 24th Jan 17, 12:42 PM
    • 586 Posts
    • 436 Thanks
    sportsarb
    There are hundreds of permanent staff trying to get moved to those jobs. I think it depends on how many can be released internally before they extend temporary.
    • Robwacked
    • By Robwacked 24th Jan 17, 1:14 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Robwacked
    Dfc in customer services/benefits is where I'm going. As long as there is one extension at least..I guess thats something.

When/what was your job bingo?
    • bingo bango
    • By bingo bango 24th Jan 17, 1:37 PM
    • 2,416 Posts
    • 1,433 Thanks
    bingo bango
    Casual AA in 2000. I then had a second 51 week contract (one week break between both, so not an extension) from another competition. Got a permanent AA post about halfway through that (from yet another external competition) and am still in NICS.

It was only because I had applied for several rounds of casual posts that I got to go back in. I literally finished on Friday and got a phone call on the following Monday to invite me back (to the same post). Asked if I could begin immediately and was told no, there had to be a 1 week break.

Bear in mind that it was DFP doing the hiring then, and now it is HR Connect. They are a private company who follow NICS HR policy to the letter, so there is no scope for 'adjustment' of contract terms.

Edit: Just to clarify, you need 2 years unbroken service to gain protected rights (essentially permanent status) but these 51 weeks contracts are used to ensure that there is no ambiguity in when the 2 year threshold is reached. I'm not saying there won't be extensions, just that it is unlikely.
    Last edited by bingo bango; 24-01-2017 at 1:40 PM.
    • damianmcr
    • By damianmcr 24th Jan 17, 1:53 PM
    • 142 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    damianmcr
    There's currently AO positions being filled from a permanent competition about 4/5 years ago. The internal EO2 board is happening soon. It really depends on both these. The temporary positions are likely a stop gap as offices won't release staff to the newer benefits due to business needs but they can't keep them forever.
    • Torreador
    • By Torreador 20th Apr 17, 11:33 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Torreador
    Does anyone now anything more about this. I got called for interview in March for E02 position.. Am on a waiting list now. From previous posts someone said they are doing training in May or June? Would I be likely to get offeed anything by then. I suppose it depends where I am on waiting list.
    • Golden Anemone
    • By Golden Anemone 20th Apr 17, 5:04 PM
    • 1,468 Posts
    • 1,354 Thanks
    Golden Anemone
    They have just this week published an EO1 list across all departments so I would anticipate EO2 vacancies following in the next month or 2 as existing EO2s are placed into EO1 positions. Hopefully not too long now.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

164Posts Today

1,076Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • As I've said before - energy price cap sounds good, and will likely be popular, but there's a big risk of making th? https://t.co/ubeV9vnmU7

• Just seen @IvoGraham doing stand up in a comedy club. Superb, witty, self depricating, clever stuff. Go see him if you get the chance

• RT @ChrissyNunn: New one from @Tesco today.. "The sale of Goods Act is just legislation, it's like a guideline, it's not law" @MartinSLewis?

• Follow Martin