Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jordan1984
    • By Jordan1984 27th Aug 16, 9:06 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Jordan1984
    NICS Executive Officer II (EOII) Recruitment Competition 2016
    • 27th Aug 16, 9:06 AM
    NICS Executive Officer II (EOII) Recruitment Competition 2016 27th Aug 16 at 9:06 AM
    Hi All,

I am just wondering if anybody else has passed the NICS interview for the EOII competition and has been given their merit number? Anybody have any information regarding if/when successful applicants will be placed etc?

I have undergone the pre-appointment checks so I'm just waiting to see when and if I will be placed. Anyone know of how many positions need to be filled?

Have a good day!!
Page 2
    • sportsarb
    • By sportsarb 7th Oct 16, 1:15 PM
    • 553 Posts
    • 426 Thanks
    sportsarb
    Didn't state didn't get that far when I said I couldn't accept due to notice. Got another offer but again notice was only a week. Was told they'd make a note of my leave period. It seems like the department want people to start ASAP and THReyre just working through the list until someone doesn't have to work notice
    Originally posted by Bober88
    Yeah, they let lots of people go, now they need lots of people because they're introducing new benefits and a mitigation scheme to deal with those who lost out.

I'd go on to say what I think but..........
    • damianmcr
    • By damianmcr 7th Oct 16, 2:16 PM
    • 140 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    damianmcr
    ESA, PIP or mitigation?
    Originally posted by sportsarb
    Haven't heard about EO2 agency staff starting in PIP or Mitigation. 16 agency AO's the past 3 weeks though.
    • sportsarb
    • By sportsarb 7th Oct 16, 4:24 PM
    • 553 Posts
    • 426 Thanks
    sportsarb
    Haven't heard about EO2 agency staff starting in PIP or Mitigation. 16 agency AO's the past 3 weeks though.
    Originally posted by damianmcr
    Doesn't take any particular talents to be a line manager. I could see temporary workers being brought in at EOII level for those jobs. Decision Making etc. I wouldn't expect to be hired as temps.

I can't see what used to be DSD core getting priority so not many places left other than the benefits part. Of that most local offices are in better positions than the new benefits and ESA. Seeing as the new benefits took most of the 'knowledgeable' staff I'd imagine ESA gets most of the new blood. I doubt it matters who fills those seats any more.

16 agency AO's?

I think I just have to laugh at this stage.
    • damianmcr
    • By damianmcr 7th Oct 16, 8:33 PM
    • 140 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    damianmcr
    Line managers arent really needed in PIP anyway. Theres 12 AO's in each team and before Christmas I reckon there will be 5 teams in total and theres already 3 EO2's there with another starting on Monday. The large large majority of EO2's in PIP are Decision Makers/Case Managers. More EO2's than AO's there nearly.
    • Bober88
    • By Bober88 8th Oct 16, 10:20 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bober88
    Line managers arent really needed in PIP anyway. Theres 12 AO's in each team and before Christmas I reckon there will be 5 teams in total and theres already 3 EO2's there with another starting on Monday. The large large majority of EO2's in PIP are Decision Makers/Case Managers. More EO2's than AO's there nearly.

What do you think are the chances of these fixed terms positions being extended, or are they just plugging a hole?
    • damianmcr
    • By damianmcr 9th Oct 16, 12:18 AM
    • 140 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    damianmcr
    Ah I dont have a clue. Way above me. PIP management were struggling to get AO's for the training courses as other offices wouldn't release them. The local processing centres have work falling off the desks due to losing staff to PIP and no one from the other regions will want to come to Belfast.
    • sportsarb
    • By sportsarb 9th Oct 16, 11:01 PM
    • 553 Posts
    • 426 Thanks
    sportsarb
    Ah I dont have a clue. Way above me. PIP management were struggling to get AO's for the training courses as other offices wouldn't release them. The local processing centres have work falling off the desks due to losing staff to PIP and no one from the other regions will want to come to Belfast.
    Work has been falling off the desk in some offices since before PIP became a factor. I'm puzzled by the thought process managers have to be honest.

They manage to never learn from past mistakes.

Management: We've decided to do this, we think it makes sense.

Plebs: No, that's stupid, it won't work for these reasons. Please trust us, we've been here much longer than you.

Management: We've consulted with colleagues in other offices and this is the way they do it. We're told that it improved services to the public immensely.

Plebs: You've talked to management in other offices, they're as clueless as you are, even if you talked to plebs in that office they have been selected by management because they'll say what they are 'supposed to'.

Some months pass.....

Management: Well, no one could have seen this coming, we'll implement a recovery plan.

Plebs: For the love of good f..............
    • damianmcr
    • By damianmcr 12th Oct 16, 9:05 AM
    • 140 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    damianmcr
    I take that back. Four casual EO2's in PIP this morning.
    • damianmcr
    • By damianmcr 13th Oct 16, 10:37 AM
    • 140 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    damianmcr
    Turns out 10 started
    • Bober88
    • By Bober88 18th Oct 16, 7:34 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bober88
    Got my months notice today I was delighted but then I told my manager as I wanted to give my notice and she told me to think about it for a couple of days as she doesn't think it's a good idea to leave a permanent job. So have to think now whether to go with my gut or stay in a dead end job that pays the bills
    • damianmcr
    • By damianmcr 18th Oct 16, 10:17 PM
    • 140 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    damianmcr
    There will be an internal EO2 trawl this year so take it into account.
    • Jordan1984
    • By Jordan1984 19th Oct 16, 6:45 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jordan1984
    I had a call from them asking me what my notice period was, stated it would be 1 month, nothing back from them just yet. Fingers crossed I will hear something.

Also, seems a bit against their policy, regarding recruitment, to allow those that can start earlier to benefit. I wonder how the merit number system really works in the background.

I don't mind leaving a permanent job, I work at least an additional 2-3 hours per day with no overtime or TOIL. I know many other jobs also do this, but I want to be more in control of the hours I actually work (flexi). I don't mind working extra hours, as long as I can have some say in when they are.
    • Bober88
    • By Bober88 19th Oct 16, 8:33 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bober88
    My old team leader came 5th on the merit list and is only starting in November because she had to give a months notice. Think the merit list just came into play as to who they would offer the positions to first and then worked down the list until they could get people to start.

They rang me too about the notice and I got the offer 2 weeks later via email.
    • toofy
    • By toofy 24th Oct 16, 3:59 AM
    • 200 Posts
    • 77 Thanks
    toofy
    Slightly off topic, was wondering if anyone knew what is happening to the HMRC jobs (b& c processors) that were advertised in August? Was under the impression that the positions would be filled by early November..would appreciate an update if possible? Tia..
    • Bober88
    • By Bober88 24th Oct 16, 7:50 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bober88
    My friend applied and passed the tests and was through to the conpetency marking. Got an email stating that applications were high and the results and invites to interview would be put back but that they would hear on or before Friday 21. She still hasn't received any email though
    • Cathy17
    • By Cathy17 24th Oct 16, 2:37 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Cathy17
    I'm just wondering what position you were on the merit list so I will have some idea of a time scale for myself. HRconnect are not great at providing information.

From what I have uncovered already, approx 30 posts have became available already. However, it all depends on whether or not applicants selected all or some of the five locations. Well so I've been told.

DfC hope to have this set up by April 2017, mainly Armagh and Belfast based.
    Last edited by Cathy17; 24-10-2016 at 3:12 PM.
    • Bober88
    • By Bober88 24th Oct 16, 2:40 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bober88
    I was 17 but as I said my old boss was 5 and had to turn down two before she got one which allowed her to work her notice
    • Cathy17
    • By Cathy17 24th Oct 16, 2:56 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Cathy17
    Yeah they were racing through the list to try and get new starts. First 20 calls only something like 2 were available to start on such short notice. Waiting game to see when the next batch will become available.
    • moneysaverni
    • By moneysaverni 24th Oct 16, 10:48 PM
    • 166 Posts
    • 101 Thanks
    moneysaverni
    Which agencies look after temp jobs for NICS?
    • toofy
    • By toofy 25th Oct 16, 12:48 AM
    • 200 Posts
    • 77 Thanks
    toofy
    The HMRC jobs that were supposed to be notified by the 21st October were the higher caseworker positions, the lower AO b&c processors still haven't been appointed despite interviews being conducted at the beginning of September..was just wondering if anyone had an idea on the timescale till they inform whether you have the job or not..(patiently waiting lol..)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,489Posts Today

6,420Users online

Martin's Twitter