Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hiltop1
    • By Hiltop1 26th Aug 16, 5:18 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 33Thanks
    Hiltop1
    I got a reply from bw legal!
    • 26th Aug 16, 5:18 PM
    I got a reply from bw legal! 26th Aug 16 at 5:18 PM
    I know there are loads of these so i will be brief -
    - PCN from April 2012 (pre POFA) ignored as per all advice (VCS)
    - standard bw legal £54 charges etc letter july 2016
    - followed advice using GAN template to deny claim (not driver, pre POFA etc)
    - received standard 40% off letter 25/8/16 (relieved as this felt again like fishing to see who would give in)
    - a day later received personal reply to my letter
    this, as expected cites E v L, quotes DVLA Release of Information document, quotes the Protection of Harassment Act 1977, blathers on about legal fees of £54 being ok (doesn't mention the point that not claimable in CC) and finishes saying their 'client is amenable to to resolving this matter within 7 days without the need to incur any further cost, failure to do which we will seek our client's instruction on issuing County Court proceedings.'
    Any advice on a reply? I've searched around but for the first time have not found a discussion on this latest letter. Thanks
Page 3
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 9th Oct 16, 10:14 PM
    • 4,149 Posts
    • 4,769 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Yes. In the letter to which they are replying I said that I had complained to relevant bodies and individuals and also contacted BBC Watchdog. I am not sure if that is what prompted their tesponse.

I did send a subsequent letter (I am replying to every letter even though they overlap and conflict) and i quoted H Grenslade and I think i referred to the current press interest in misuse of the courts and that taking a case from early 2012 to court could be seen as a waste of court time (letter on work computer so i will check - I was losing my patience at this point so hope it wasn't wrong to say this). I am guessing this is what they are referring to in their reply, even though they only say they are replying to an earlier letter.

Am I right that they can't take a pre POFA PCN and apply post POFA standards to it - esp if VCS members of BPA at the time?
    Originally posted by Hiltop1
    This is a solicitor getting very scared

Are they actually going sue everyone who has complained about their harassment to the SRA ... AND CLAIM "defamation" ???

As everyone can prove harassment, lies, menacing by this bunch of terrible solicitors, don't think they would risk that stupidity

Complain again to the SRA, enclosing the letter FROM BWLegal.

Tell BWLegal that you find their letter menacing and this has resulted in a further complaint to the SRA. Until the SRA respond with a suitable response, the matter is now on hold.
    Any further response from BWLegal must be forwarded to the SRA.

Rest assured that nobody will rest until BWLegal is terminated from the SRA.

When rats are backed into a corner, they attack back in fear.
    You are now watching this happen
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Oct 16, 10:18 PM
    • 40,571 Posts
    • 52,460 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Also, just checked the letter they sent dated 22/8/16 which they say "you will note that the letter dated 22 August 2016 was marked "Without Prejudice"....." (they say this letter offering a reduction was an attempt to reach an amicable settlement and a goodwill gesture and goes on to explain why it was marked Without Prejudice and what this meant) .... well I've just checked and the letter and I can't see that marked on it anywhere! i will get a colleague to check tomorrow in case I am being stupid, but I have checked more than once. It gets more strange as time goes on
    That would be amusing to mention in a short, to the point reply. Maybe they should have gone to Specsavers!
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Hiltop1
    • By Hiltop1 9th Oct 16, 10:24 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    Hiltop1
    Hahahaha! I will find time tomorrow to reply and do more reporting to SRA etc. Just baffles me how they think they can do this, esp with pre POFA ones. Night all
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 9th Oct 16, 10:43 PM
    • 4,149 Posts
    • 4,769 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Also, just checked the letter they sent dated 22/8/16 which they say "you will note that the letter dated 22 August 2016 was marked "Without Prejudice"....." (they say this letter offering a reduction was an attempt to reach an amicable settlement and a goodwill gesture and goes on to explain why it was marked Without Prejudice and what this meant) .... well I've just checked and the letter and I can't see that marked on it anywhere! i will get a colleague to check tomorrow in case I am being stupid, but I have checked more than once. It gets more strange as time goes on
    A Without Prejudice letter tends to say they do not want their letter shown in court. YOUR QUESTION IS WHY

There is no goodwill from BWLegal, letter after letter proves this.

Consider this, for a poultry parking ticket charge, why would this so called solicitor be claiming defamation for something that can be proven IE: HARASSMENT, MENACING, FALSE INFORMATION.

This is a solicitor running scared and now using legal jargon that most will not understand.

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 9th Oct 16, 10:51 PM
    • 4,149 Posts
    • 4,769 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Hahahaha! I will find time tomorrow to reply and do more reporting to SRA etc. Just baffles me how they think they can do this, esp with pre POFA ones. Night all
    Why do they think they can do this ???

They have been caught with their pants down. They thought this would be a brilliant money maker ..... it's actually costing them money and now they are being watched carefully by people they know nothing about.

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Hiltop1
    • By Hiltop1 14th Oct 16, 6:04 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    Hiltop1
    Today I had this email from - Town Centres, High Streets and Coastal Team (I wrote to the DCLG).

"Thank you for your email dated 4 October about parking on private land, and payment on exit.

The Government shares your concerns about how some private parking companies operate. Parking is vital to modern high streets and town centres, and the Government would encourage all parking providers, public and private, to work alongside local government to ensure that communities are served, not inconvenienced, by suitable parking facilities.

As you are aware we sought comments from the public on parking matters in our recent discussion paper entitled 'Parking reform: tackling unfair practices'. We are still actively considering responses to the discussion paper, and will issue a response in due course. I attach a copy of the summary for your information."

So it seems that new responses don't make it into the consultation but I am still glad I contacted them and that they read my comments - and the summary which they attached does seem (in the section of comments from individuals) to sum up a lot of what is said by contributors here.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Oct 16, 6:17 PM
    • 40,571 Posts
    • 52,460 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    We are still actively considering responses to the discussion paper
    Well that can be read two ways, and certainly these complaints are hitting home.

We have to hope that they can't ignore the public voice on this scandal, and keep encouraging pretty much every newbie to complain in writing to their MP and Mrs May/Mr Corbyn and the DCLG.

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.

• beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 14th Oct 16, 6:30 PM
    • 4,149 Posts
    • 4,769 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Today I had this email from - Town Centres, High Streets and Coastal Team (I wrote to the DCLG).

"Thank you for your email dated 4 October about parking on private land, and payment on exit.

The Government shares your concerns about how some private parking companies operate. Parking is vital to modern high streets and town centres, and the Government would encourage all parking providers, public and private, to work alongside local government to ensure that communities are served, not inconvenienced, by suitable parking facilities.

As you are aware we sought comments from the public on parking matters in our recent discussion paper entitled 'Parking reform: tackling unfair practices'. We are still actively considering responses to the discussion paper, and will issue a response in due course. I attach a copy of the summary for your information."

So it seems that new responses don't make it into the consultation but I am still glad I contacted them and that they read my comments - and the summary which they attached does seem (in the section of comments from individuals) to sum up a lot of what is said by contributors here.
    I had the same copy and paste from the DCLG ???

25 PAGES of the summary. They know what to do so why don't they do it ??
    Whilst they drag their heels, every day, motorists get scammed but this is acceptable by the DCLG and Mrs May's government

It's a complete SCANDAL

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Oct 16, 6:36 PM
    • 40,571 Posts
    • 52,460 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    beamerguy - can you pm me about the summary or is it too much to scan if we email each other?

• beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 14th Oct 16, 7:23 PM
    • 4,149 Posts
    • 4,769 Thanks
    beamerguy
    beamerguy - can you pm me about the summary or is it too much to scan if we email each other?
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Sent a PM to you

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Oct 16, 12:36 AM
    • 40,571 Posts
    • 52,460 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Strange - no pm - try again please?

• Hiltop1
    • By Hiltop1 20th Oct 16, 8:33 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    Hiltop1
    I replied to the last letter and sent details to the SRA as an update.

Today I came home from work to another letter and my heart sank - but it was a duplicate of the LETTER OF CLAIM (their capitalisation), last one dated 12/9, sent from the Huddersfield section for standard letters....or at least it has a reply address on the envelope of a Huddersfield PO Box.

It has the same "....in the event County Court proceedings are issued..." and "To avoid proceedings being commenced...." despite a letter predating both of these (real reply not standard letter) saying that if I didn't pay in their specified time frame, "...we are instructed to initiate County Court proceedings against you...". Is everyone keeping up with jumble of dates, threats and demands?? I've got them all in front of me and it is difficult to follow!

So i guess i reply again. I haven't yet felt the need to ask for images of signage from 2012 or any evidence of contract, landowner etc. Please let me know when you think the time is right for this to be requested. For now is it yet another firm rebuttal?

Thanks.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 20th Oct 16, 8:44 PM
    • 4,149 Posts
    • 4,769 Thanks
    beamerguy
    I replied to the last letter and sent details to the SRA as an update.

Today I came home from work to another letter and my heart sank - but it was a duplicate of the LETTER OF CLAIM (their capitalisation), last one dated 12/9, sent from the Huddersfield section for standard letters....or at least it has a reply address on the envelope of a Huddersfield PO Box.

It has the same "....in the event County Court proceedings are issued..." and "To avoid proceedings being commenced...." despite a letter predating both of these (real reply not standard letter) saying that if I didn't pay in their specified time frame, "...we are instructed to initiate County Court proceedings against you...". Is everyone keeping up with jumble of dates, threats and demands?? I've got them all in front of me and it is difficult to follow!

So i guess i reply again. I haven't yet felt the need to ask for images of signage from 2012 or any evidence of contract, landowner etc. Please let me know when you think the time is right for this to be requested. For now is it yet another firm rebuttal?

Thanks.
    It is so sad that the SRA think that BWLegal are good for their name .. the SRA

SECOND COMPLAINT TO THE SRA about this pure ignorance

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 20th Oct 16, 9:02 PM
    • 40,571 Posts
    • 52,460 Thanks
    Coupon-mad

Thanks.
    I would now ask for a few things, not too much, don't make it seem you are difficult in case a Judge reviews all this in the end. Asking for copies of the contract (the signs) is perfectly reasonable and indeed should accompany a LBC.

• Hiltop1
    • By Hiltop1 20th Oct 16, 10:20 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    Hiltop1
    Thanks, I will draft a request.....but I don't think the BW LETTER OF CLAIM is actually a LBC - is it?? I know people have different opinions on this, but a forum member posting a new thread recently had a LETTER OF CLAIM from BW which additionally offered the 40% discount again - would they do that on a LBC? This was also a pre POFA alleged incident.

They only offered the discount to me once - maybe I'm not on their list of favourites!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 20th Oct 16, 11:18 PM
    • 40,571 Posts
    • 52,460 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    IMHO it doesn't matter which letter it is; I don't think even BW Legal know because we've seen them repeat the same letter six weeks later in several cases!

Just reply, remembering that a Judge might read all this in the end. State your case, be reasonable and assertive that there is no cause of action, you have no liability and quite reasonably, you are challenging BW Legal for evidence.

A Letter of Claim is similar to a Letter before Action, Letter before Claim, whatever! This is just over-analysing what the letter might mean when in fact it's computerised, a robo-claim with no clear direction, they just want your money.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 20-10-2016 at 11:20 PM.

• raquelquefois
    • By raquelquefois 4th Nov 16, 1:08 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    raquelquefois
    Help..guidance please
    I have read your thread with interest particularly as you seem to have had a ticket form the same place as I...Berkley Precinct in Sheffield. A free 2 hour car park in a popular shopping/eating area where the time was exceeded by approx 10-15 minutes.
    The PCN we had was in 07/2011 and was followed by many letters that were all ignored except a single letter to advise VCS that the registered keeper was not the driver. It then went quiet for many years. A letter was then received in August 2016 demanding payment (with discount) which I shredded and now a Letter of Claim has arrived.
    I'm just not quite sure of the order in which I need to do things as I have gathered that I shouldn't just ignore this letter or should I?
    Your help Hilltop would be most gratefully received....
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Nov 16, 1:09 PM
    • 40,571 Posts
    • 52,460 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    You need to start your own new theaad AFTER reading lots of other BW Legal threads, this is one of hundreds.

Search this forum board for 'BW Legal LBCCC' and you can read all about it over the weekend. Then start a thread showing us your favoured response and we'll help you through this . We know of NO-ONE who has lost v BW Legal from this forum. All defences have seen them off or the cases have not gone to hearings yet/at all. We do know some hearings have been won (of course) as VCS can't hold registered keeper liable.

DO NOT respond as driver and do not tell us nor imply who was driving, in your new thread. You are the keeper defendant and YOU WILL WIN THIS. Tell us in your new thread once you've done a weekend's worth of reading the shedloads of other LBCCC threads(!) whether you actually named the driver or if you merely said 'the keeper was not the driver'.

No reply here please, as it's hiltop1's own thread.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 04-11-2016 at 1:14 PM.

• DoaM
    • By DoaM 4th Nov 16, 1:10 PM
    • 1,012 Posts
    • 919 Thanks
    DoaM
    As we say to everyone (so this is not a personal jibe at you) ... please start your own new thread (if needed, after having read the NEWBIES FAQ) - you can always link to this thread as a reference.

We work on the basis of one topic, one thread ... otherwise things end of getting confusing for everyone.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,374Posts Today

6,911Users online

Martin's Twitter