Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Stuart Kemp
    • By Stuart Kemp 25th Aug 16, 9:59 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Stuart Kemp
    Heron Global Partners acting as broker for Diamond Construction and Renewables
    • 25th Aug 16, 9:59 AM
    Heron Global Partners acting as broker for Diamond Construction and Renewables 25th Aug 16 at 9:59 AM
    We have been contacted by the above with a view of investing in renewables i.e. wind farms.
    The interest rate they are quoting is very competitive. Has anyone heard of them or had dealings with them?
    Thanks
    Stuart Kemp
Page 2
    • sarahemmm
    • By sarahemmm 14th Apr 17, 12:16 PM
    • 95 Posts
    • 82 Thanks
    sarahemmm
    This investment is also being sold by Heron Global.
    BEWARE - it looks like another scam.
    Originally posted by TheoC
    Also beware: this site may get a takedown request from HG, as they did to my original post. Not allowed to say more... which does tell you something.
    • stunna
    • By stunna 28th Apr 17, 4:25 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    stunna
    Anyone in my shoes
    Just got scam 20k for mini bonds introduced by jack grundy and phil walker, ellie , the all claim to be brokers under heron global partners and run virtual offices. The introduced me to a company call diamond construction & renewables offering 10% interest rate yearly, i cant get hold of any one in this company and heron global partners after working hard and getting on phone with them, will not disclose thier current location and claim office is being shut down , no responds from diamond construction and renewables, all numbers are invalid and no one to get in touch with. This is sickening as people think than can get away with your hard earn mony. Any one in similar situation . Advice pls
    • stunna
    • By stunna 28th Apr 17, 4:29 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    stunna
    Mr
    Just got scam 20k for mini bonds introduced by jack grundy and phil walker, ellie , the all claim to be brokers under heron global partners and run virtual offices. The introduced me to a company call diamond construction & renewables offering 10% interest rate yearly, i cant get hold of any one in this company and heron global partners after working hard and getting on phone with them, will not disclose thier current location and claim office is being shut down , no responds from diamond construction and renewables, all numbers are invalid and no one to get in touch with. This is sickening as people think than can get away with your hard earn mony. Any one in similar situation . Advice pls
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 28th Apr 17, 5:04 PM
    • 4,803 Posts
    • 4,531 Thanks
    eskbanker
    You might wish to report this to Action Fraud but don't hold your breath on seeing any of your money again....
    • Katiewhy2
    • By Katiewhy2 29th Apr 17, 8:07 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Katiewhy2
    Ive think I have lost lots of money investing through Heron Global in DCR mini bond in wind power- Now Heron aren't responding to calls or emails and the DCR people the same-

Is anyone else in the same boat?
    I'm going out of my mind with worry- Its money I can't afford to lose and I want to take action to get it back-
    I'm trying to find other people in the same boat that I can join forces with to try and get the money back.
    • Katiewhy2
    • By Katiewhy2 29th Apr 17, 8:08 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Katiewhy2
    I'm in the same boat- I'm sickened by what has happened- I'm a single mum of 3 dependants and feel so stupid having invested but it all seemed so legit - I can ill afford to lose this money.
    • Katiewhy2
    • By Katiewhy2 29th Apr 17, 8:09 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Katiewhy2
    Dont touch them with a barge pole! Its all gone quiet and I seem to have lost a massive amount of money
    • Ross Graham
    • By Ross Graham 29th Apr 17, 4:08 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ross Graham
    account is void
    I am in complete empathy. I got my bank's scam team to check with Santander about the dcr account to which the money for the mini bond was sent by bank transfer. That account has no funds. You may contact me at wdwvltrm@outlook.com
    • ColdIron
    • By ColdIron 29th Apr 17, 4:16 PM
    • 3,162 Posts
    • 3,598 Thanks
    ColdIron
    I am in complete empathy.
    [SNIP]
    You may contact me at xxx
    Originally posted by Ross Graham
    Beware of people helping you to 'recover' your losses, for a fee of course. I've marked that as spam on general principles
    • Reaper
    • By Reaper 29th Apr 17, 6:45 PM
    • 6,061 Posts
    • 4,097 Thanks
    Reaper
    feel so stupid having invested but it all seemed so legit
    Originally posted by Katiewhy2
    There were warning signs. You will now be on a "suckers list" which gets sold to other scammers you need to learn how to spot them. A typical scam will have:
    * A high interest rate or other predicted return
    * Will be from a company you have never heard of before
    * They will cold call you. Never buy anything financial from a cold call, or anything else for that matter but particularly nothing financial as regulated firms are not allowed to cold call.
    * They will have a flashy, professional looking web site. Ignore it. Any crook can rustle one up from a template in no time. If you are tech savvy you could check when it was created and who owns it. Recently made sites and hidden owner details are red flags.
    * Don't be reassured by a UK address or phone number. It's probably just a rental that forwards mail and calls elsewhere, often abroad.
    * Sign up to the Telephone Preference Service. If you have already then you should have realised it is not legal to cold call somebody on the TPS (ignore the response "you ticked a box on a web site". They won't be able to tell you which web site if you ask!)

Don't get drawn into a conversation. No need to be polite and try to come up with a reason for saying no as they have scripted answers for everything you might say. I just say "I never buy anything from a cold call" and put the phone down before they can answer. That's the polite version, I often give them a piece of my mind first!

It's been said a couple of times above but beware anybody contacting you to say that can get your money back, it's a typical follow up scam.
    Last edited by Reaper; 29-04-2017 at 6:49 PM.
    • AnotherJoe
    • By AnotherJoe 30th Apr 17, 10:10 AM
    • 6,552 Posts
    • 6,979 Thanks
    AnotherJoe

Don't get drawn into a conversation. No need to be polite and try to come up with a reason for saying no as they have scripted answers for everything you might say. I just say "I never buy anything from a cold call" and put the phone down before they can answer. That's the polite version, I often give them a piece of my mind first!
    Originally posted by Reaper
    I usually say "hang on one minute", put the phone down (without cutting the call off) and then leaving them hanging on until they give up. Every second you delay them is a second they arent scamming someone else.
    • Katiewhy2
    • By Katiewhy2 2nd May 17, 2:24 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Katiewhy2
    I tried to email you but the email bounced back!
    • Ross Graham
    • By Ross Graham 3rd May 17, 6:23 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ross Graham
    Try this: bsx288@coventry.ac.uk
    • singh2080
    • By singh2080 19th May 17, 1:02 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    singh2080
    regarding DCR bond
    Hi

I have invested in dcr . i haven't get my pay yet. do you know any News?

Thanks
    • bostonerimus
    • By bostonerimus 19th May 17, 1:18 PM
    • 352 Posts
    • 191 Thanks
    bostonerimus
    Simply hang up on anyone that cold calls you. Never buy anything from anyone who solicits you.
    • bostonerimus
    • By bostonerimus 19th May 17, 1:19 PM
    • 352 Posts
    • 191 Thanks
    bostonerimus
    I usually say "hang on one minute", put the phone down (without cutting the call off) and then leaving them hanging on until they give up. Every second you delay them is a second they arent scamming someone else.
    Originally posted by AnotherJoe
    If I'm at my computer I'll go to youtube and play the Benny Hill music to them (Yakety Sax)
    • Reaper
    • By Reaper 19th May 17, 2:40 PM
    • 6,061 Posts
    • 4,097 Thanks
    Reaper
    I have invested in dcr . i haven't get my pay yet. do you know any News?
    Originally posted by singh2080
    I haven't been following it but on a quick check I see Heron Global Partners tried to strike themselves off but that was suspended 2 days ago following an objection.
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08689969/filing-history
    • Ross Graham
    • By Ross Graham 23rd May 17, 9:27 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ross Graham
    We are trying to do something about this. wrossg@yahoo.co.uk
    • Katiewhy2
    • By Katiewhy2 23rd May 17, 7:17 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Katiewhy2
    Its a scam- total nightmare-
    • Tonyclarke
    • By Tonyclarke 24th May 17, 8:29 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Tonyclarke
    Dcr
    We have a DCR Investor support group and we are trying to get our money back from these guys. If you would like to talk to me about it please ring me on 07590 695212

Tony
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

226Posts Today

1,362Users online

Martin's Twitter