Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • I Love comps
    • By I Love comps 25th Aug 16, 6:59 AM
    • 869Posts
    • 2,680Thanks
    I Love comps
    My Thrifty Ways to Save Money
    • 25th Aug 16, 6:59 AM
    My Thrifty Ways to Save Money 25th Aug 16 at 6:59 AM
    I have been following a lot of threads on here for some time now.
    I have decided to start my own.

I have luckily never been in debt apart from the obvious of having a mortgage loan - so could not post in the Debt section.

Just a quick introduction about me - When growing up both my parents worked but did not have fantastic salaries. I remember my Father doing the end of month accounts.

My parents have never had credit cards - They just saved for everything - instead of today's culture of buying everything on a credit and paying it of later.

My father died when I was in my teens so things did not get any easier financially - but my Mom just saves for things -still.

So I have grown up with the knowledge of how to save money - I will list some of my ways here. I never like getting into debt.

Always buy things you need/want in the sales
    Remember Charity Shops are great for bargains
    Look out for vouchers to reduce your shopping bill
    Use cashback sites to save money
    Save small change coins in a pot for either holidays something else eg Christmas birthdays - it is amazing how much you can save
    Free Samples
    Surveys
    Buying reduced food from the supermarket

Each day I will let you know how I have saved money.

I also enter competitions as a hobby I have been a comper for over 20 years and have a lot of items that have saved money.
    Last edited by I Love comps; 19-10-2016 at 6:09 AM.
Page 12
    • I Love comps
    • By I Love comps 11th Oct 17, 10:39 AM
    • 869 Posts
    • 2,680 Thanks
    I Love comps
    Remember to look out for all the offers on Christmas Gifts , food items and anything else that can be used for Christmas. Offers seem to disappear before a few weeks before Christmas, and everything returns to full price.

So buy those Christmas bargains now, before the price goes up or the bargain you want runs out.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping Boards. "I am a volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly.
    Any views are my own and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board Guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 11th Oct 17, 4:48 PM
    • 15,632 Posts
    • 127,752 Thanks
    JackieO
    I keep a keen eye out in the CS for unread books as Christmas gifts often you can get some really nice things for a few pounds. The reduced counter in our local TX max last week I unearthed a lovely large bar of italien lavender soap all boxed up for £3.00 and I wrapped it up and its going with a few other bits to my DGS's wife for her Christmas present next week when my DD flies to NYC to visit for a week I also found a his and hers 2018 calendar for them. They won't be in the UK this year so DD is taking their presents with her when she goes so it has to be small things that can be packed in her suitcase. I got DGS a couple of thermal tee shirts as it gets pretty cold in New York in winter.
    Quot Libros,Quam Breve Tempus.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,885Posts Today

7,114Users online

Martin's Twitter