Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • theshoefairy
    • By theshoefairy 22nd Aug 16, 4:21 PM
    • 88Posts
    • 10Thanks
    theshoefairy
    Help with Virgin Media
    • 22nd Aug 16, 4:21 PM
    Help with Virgin Media 22nd Aug 16 at 4:21 PM
    I was wondering if someone could help me with this. My VM bill has been increasing and it seems very expensive for what I am actually getting.

Currently I am getting Super Fibre 50, The Medium TV package which seems to be the most basic, and medium phone which I never use.

I have checked prices on their site and I am paying the same amount for the VIP package, which is the best package they are offering! So I am really being ripped off bigtime.

Can anyone give me any tips on what to say to them when I call? Do I tell them that I'm paying the same amount for their VIP package?

Many thanks
Page 1
    • jb66
    • By jb66 22nd Aug 16, 9:02 PM
    • 1,566 Posts
    • 643 Thanks
    jb66
    • 22nd Aug 16, 9:02 PM
    • 22nd Aug 16, 9:02 PM
    Find what package you want and then call them up to move to it
    • phibo
    • By phibo 24th Aug 16, 8:39 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    phibo
    • 24th Aug 16, 8:39 PM
    • 24th Aug 16, 8:39 PM
    I was wondering if someone could help me with this. My VM bill has been increasing and it seems very expensive for what I am actually getting.

Currently I am getting Super Fibre 50, The Medium TV package which seems to be the most basic, and medium phone which I never use.

I have checked prices on their site and I am paying the same amount for the VIP package, which is the best package they are offering! So I am really being ripped off bigtime.

Can anyone give me any tips on what to say to them when I call? Do I tell them that I'm paying the same amount for their VIP package?

Many thanks
    Originally posted by theshoefairy
    Been with Virgin, 13 years since buying first house.

100mb Broadband
    Evening & Weekends Phone
    XL TV (no sports or movies)
    £72 per month

I actually rang them up this evening and asked to cancel my TV but drop my Broadband to 50mb and Telephone...£48 per month!

Couldn't believe it, so told them I wanted to cancel everything, which they have, entire phone call was about 6-7mins.

No trying to keep me, no loyalty discount, retentions sales talk, just cancelled me without a problem.
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 24th Aug 16, 9:09 PM
    • 1,551 Posts
    • 401 Thanks
    AndyPK
    • 24th Aug 16, 9:09 PM
    • 24th Aug 16, 9:09 PM
    I noticed there was a good deal on www.uswitch.com
    earlier. But for new customers.

50Mbps
    £12/month + LR.
    12 month contract.

If you do cancel, it maybe worth taking up
    • dave_dph
    • By dave_dph 29th Aug 16, 6:29 PM
    • 471 Posts
    • 153 Thanks
    dave_dph
    • 29th Aug 16, 6:29 PM
    • 29th Aug 16, 6:29 PM
    Hi Phibo

Have you received a call back from the outbound retentions team? Once a cancellation request has gone through you normally get the call after a few days and usually they'll keep trying until they get you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,244Posts Today

6,243Users online

Martin's Twitter