Debate House Prices

In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non MoneySaving matters are no longer permitted. This includes wider debates about general house prices, the economy and politics. As a result, we have taken the decision to keep this board permanently closed, but it remains viewable for users who may find some useful information in it. Thank you for your understanding.

Brexiters should be 'Ashamed of the harm to come"

Comments

• Tromking
    Tromking Posts: 2,691 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    It is the EU which is about to get a lesson in realpolitik. Merkel is not going to see a half a million Germans get made redundant because they can't export to the UK any more, just so that the likes of Juncker can cling on to a political dogma that is 50 years out of date.

According to the German CBI it's 750K car industry jobs reliant on the UK consumer. Merkel is said to be privately furious at the performance of the 'Luxembourger Lush' in the whole Brexit/ EU d!bâcle.
    Putting BMW, VW/Audi and Merc aside, I just don't see Ford and GM Europe standing idly by and allowing Juncker and his crew to unduly stitch up the citizens of one of its biggest markets.
    “Britain- A friend to all, beholden to none”. 🇬🇧
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Conrad wrote: »
    Let's re-visit all this inane cowardly nonsense in a years time, arf, arf.

What investor would consider the EU less risky given at least six nations could well have thier own referendum, let alone the inherent failure of the centralised leviathan. Whilst Hamish wallows in negativity let's embrace our autonomy and clink glasses to the new prosperity.

The EU doesn't even know where to go next. The liberals such as ex Belgian PM want more Brussells but people such as the German Foreign Minister argue for less Brussels, what a joke

Hamish lives in Crash Central, he has every right to be negative.....:rotfl:
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    posh*spice wrote: »
    That's got to be one of the worst posts ever written on this board.I hope you are a troll and that it's a joke.

Really? :rotfl: Either you are a Troll or you just don`t read these boards much?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    People on here do not understand how the rich get richer. I am just stating what happens in the real world. Look at how big businesses work or billionaire investors work or even a dodgy salesman in the back street corner.
  • ruggedtoast
    ruggedtoast Posts: 9,819 Forumite
    kinger101 wrote: »
    Most of the world's poor have no access to credit.

Actually, most of the world's poor are poor because they have had credit foisted upon them before they were born. Vastly to their disadvantage.

There is a reason that an African farmer's labour rewards him with $1 a day while a banker in London gets $1000, and it isn't down to ingenuity and hard work.
  • ruggedtoast
    ruggedtoast Posts: 9,819 Forumite
    People on here do not understand how the rich get richer. I am just stating what happens in the real world. Look at how big businesses work or billionaire investors work or even a dodgy salesman in the back street corner.

I completely agree with you, and respect your honesty.

Unlike the other right wingers on here you aren't pretending to care about poor people while you squash their faces into the dirt, or pretending that you have done the world's poor a minor miracle by asset hoarding and paying a small percentage of tax on your cash income.
  • System
    Ruggedtoast - People on here don't have a clue how the real world works. They live in a fantasy world. I enjoy reading their posts every day and debating with them.
  • System
    As opposed to the sub 30 year old with 2 engineering degrees in the forces who's looking to shell out on a £180k property who think's he's some kind of financial genius because he types "google it" after nonsensical statements.

uhuh
  • System
    I've never claimed I was a economic expert or financial genius. It's just applying common sense to current problems and following the rules of life. I may not be mortgage owner but I have got money in investments. I was looking at buying a ex married quarter for the short term but I have now decided to become a LL. I am not a fan of LLs, if you can't beat them join them.
  • System
    Buy-to-Let creates its own demand. Every property 'snapped up' turns a potential homeowner into a renter.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure