Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • VT_K
    • By VT_K 20th Aug 16, 4:33 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 5Thanks
    VT_K
    Moorgate Retail Park (again)
    • 20th Aug 16, 4:33 PM
    Moorgate Retail Park (again) 20th Aug 16 at 4:33 PM
    Hi,

I received a "Parking Charge Notice" from ParkingEye for parking at Moorgate, Bury. I got one from here last year and you were very helpful in the appeals process, so I'm hoping you'll be able to help again! You're allowed to stay 2 hours, I stupidly thought none of it was being enforced due to ParkingEye apparently going bankrupt and parked here for just over 5 hours. I don't have any receipts to prove I shopped (nor would they justify a 5 hour stay). I was wondering if it's worth appealing (having read recent threads, it looks like it is?) and if the below is okay to send?

I feel like I should contact the landowner, but don't particularly know what to say for the fine to be cancelled, particularly when I got one here last year..

Date

Dear Sirs

Re: PCN no

I challenge this 'PCN' as keeper of the car, on these main grounds:

a). The sum is disproportionate, does not represent a genuine pre-estimate of loss, nor is it a core price term.
    b) The sum is extravagant and unconscionable and cannot be justified.
    c). There is no evidence that you have any interest in the land. I will complain to the landowner about your aggressive ticketing.
    d). Your 'Notice' fails to comply with the POFA so there can be no keeper liability.
    e). I believe that the signs were not seen/are ambiguous and the predominant purpose is to deter so there is no contract to pay this charge, which is a penalty.
    f) There was no consideration nor acceptance flowing from both parties and any contract with myself, or the driver, is denied.

Formal challenge
    There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. You must either rely on the POFA 2012 or cancel the charge. I will only appeal further if you offer POPLA, the only independent ADR with a scrutiny panel and trained Assessors. The 'IAS' offered by IPC firms will not be used, for well-documented reasons.

''Drop hands'' offer
    The charge is baseless but I realise that you may have nominal postage costs. Equally, I have incurred costs for responding to your junk mail dressed up to appear as a parking ticket. It is clear that my costs and yours, at this point, do not exceed £15 so this is a formal “drop hands” offer. I remind you of the duty to mitigate any loss, so withdraw the spurious charge within 35 days and I will not pursue you for my costs.

Breach of CCRs
    I hereby give notice of withdrawal from this alleged 'contract' which was never properly offered nor expressly agreed. This 'contract' is cancelled and any obligations now end.

I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully,
    Name of keeper
    Address of keeper
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 20th Aug 16, 4:46 PM
    • 12,413 Posts
    • 14,813 Thanks
    Redx
    • 20th Aug 16, 4:46 PM
    • 20th Aug 16, 4:46 PM
    PE have not gone bankrupt !!

read the newbies sticky thread again , it has the correct appeal template in blue text
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • VT_K
    • By VT_K 20th Aug 16, 5:54 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    VT_K
    • 20th Aug 16, 5:54 PM
    • 20th Aug 16, 5:54 PM
    I know that now

I've used the correct one now, sent it off.
    • VT_K
    • By VT_K 12th Oct 16, 8:23 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    VT_K
    • 12th Oct 16, 8:23 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 8:23 PM
    I've received a reply from them. They've quoted an incorrect reference number and mentioning:

"You have stated that you were not the driver of the vehicle at the time and date of the breach of conditions of the car park, but you have not indicated who was."

My letter didn't mention about who was driving. Is this a new thing ParkingEye have started?
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 12th Oct 16, 8:35 PM
    • 36,453 Posts
    • 73,273 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 12th Oct 16, 8:35 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 8:35 PM
    All parking companies want to know who was driving. Some just drop a hint by saying, you haven't said who it is, in the hope you will tell them.
    Other companies downright lie and say that you must tell them.

Never tell them.

Did you get a PoPLA code?
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • VT_K
    • By VT_K 12th Oct 16, 8:43 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    VT_K
    • 12th Oct 16, 8:43 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 8:43 PM
    Not yet, it says if I don't provide the information, "the appeal may well be rejected and a POPLA code provided."

I don't know whether to leave it and wait for the POPLA code, or ignore since the reference code is wrong including the information in the letter or lastly, to reply with an address of a relative/friend who lives abroad?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Oct 16, 8:49 PM
    • 40,408 Posts
    • 52,291 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th Oct 16, 8:49 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 8:49 PM
    You just need to wait, no worries.

since the reference code is wrong
    What do you mean by this, please?

Does your original PCN (NOT the reminder) have a blank space at the bottom like this example:

http://imgur.com/a/FOfr8

Or does it have an extra paragraph in the middle of that blurb, about the POFA/keeper liability after 29 days? PLEASE CONFIRM WHICH.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• VT_K
    • By VT_K 12th Oct 16, 8:59 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    VT_K
    • 12th Oct 16, 8:59 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 8:59 PM
    Okay, I just wanted to check.

It has an extra paragraph about POFA/29 days.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Oct 16, 9:09 PM
    • 40,408 Posts
    • 52,291 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th Oct 16, 9:09 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 9:09 PM
    OK, what do you mean about the reference code?
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• VT_K
    • By VT_K 12th Oct 16, 10:07 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    VT_K
    I've checked that with some of their older letters and I'm wrong. Ignore that bit, sorry.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

239Posts Today

1,451Users online

Martin's Twitter