Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • NeverUnderestimate
    • By NeverUnderestimate 20th Aug 16, 12:17 PM
    • 106Posts
    • 167Thanks
    NeverUnderestimate
    "Start wherever you are and start small"
    • 20th Aug 16, 12:17 PM
    "Start wherever you are and start small" 20th Aug 16 at 12:17 PM
    Hello,

I've previously used these forums before under another username. However after life throwing many funny twists and turns, I've decided to start afresh with a new username as a lot of exciting things will happen over the next few months. This involves a new job opportunity, a special family occasion, a family get together and so on.

I realise I may not have as much debt as others but a lot of this journey I wish to embark on is about me growing as a person and changing the way I think.

I already am quite money-savvy in some ways however there is always room for improvement. I find these boards very encouraging and welcome the advice and support.

The past few years have been an emotional roller-coaster and it's time I close that door. I'm only young and I've lost myself a long the way. I feel as if I've lost my identity in many ways and I'm quite unsure who I am anymore. I wish to rediscover this, how i don't know but I'll learn along the way.

I have many short term goals and long term goals I'd like to achieve. However sometimes I find my anxiety increases due to this. I get scared that I can't achieve these things.

My self esteem and confidence have taken a massive battering over the years and I wish to build this up. Once I get to know people, I'm quite a social butterfly and find my place and comfort zone. People often don't seem to understand this and I tend to feel excluded. But that's their problem. My mental health is important to me. I need to learn to love myself (clich!).

So here we go.

I currently owe:

£700 to a credit card (0% until Feb 2018).
    £750 to a family member.
    £1800 for holiday booked (final balance March 1st 2017).

My income is roughly £1700.

My outgoings are as follows:

£585.00 all essential bills, direct debits and food/petrol budgets.
    £200 a month standing order to pay off credit card.
    £200 into a Help to Buy Isa.
    £300 goes towards my other spends which mainly consists of hobby my child undertakes.
    £150 personal spends.

So total outgoings £1435 leaving me with a surplus of £265 which I tend to try and save. Each bracket varies monthly on what I actually spend. When my credit card is paid I'll have a spare £200 a month.

My income also fluctuates due to petrol allowances, hours I work or what enhancements I may get. That's a rough expected income each month. Some months it's more.

This is where it gets difficult.

However my plan is to use a second bank account which I will transfer over my food budget, petrol budget, personal spends and other spends too. I will then use this debit card solely and the other account will be used to build up the savings as well as the important essentials that shall come out.

I have three accounts.

Santander 123- Main bills come out of here and my savings remain in here. However may soon change or swap due to decrease in interest rate. I want this account to remain simple. My wages are paid into this.

Halifax current account- will use for other expenditure as listed above. I shall transfer the set amount above each month and when it's gone. It's gone. Any left over will be transferred into savings.

Halifax help to buy- currently stands at £2000. I shall keep saving into this until I feel ready to move out and buy my own home. That's in the distant future as I'd like to build up a decent amount of savings beforehand.

So that's it really. I shall update a little while later.

Each day I'll probably find a quote that I like or describes how I'm feeling and post it here. That way I can look back and be reminded, hopefully in the future how far I've come.

So really the purpose of this diary is to maintain my spending, find a system that works and start to live a less materialistic lifestyle and enjoy each day as it comes.

And if anyone feels they have anything to add or general conversation. Feel free.
Page 4
    • NeverUnderestimate
    • By NeverUnderestimate 13th Oct 16, 12:17 PM
    • 106 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    NeverUnderestimate
    So far:-

- Input milage for the past month.
    - Update my work diary.
    - Organise work diary and notes.
    - Pick up new uniform.
    - Search for building and content insurance quotes for my mum and find a like for like policy.

I've been busy this morning and nipped out to collect my new work uniform and grab some bits in the office. I've gone through all my paperwork I've accumulated from work this past month and organised it. I just need to input it into my diary and then later on add it all onto my work expenses for travel.

I'm about to make a sandwich and then head out for a walk with my friend and for a catch up.

I've also booked some extra shifts in upcoming weeks for work. This includes a night shift tomorrow. It's at an enhanced rate and the extra money will come in handy to further pay down debts and put towards savings/Christmas.

I'm not going to do too much though. The night shifts aren't that bad in the area I've chosen to work.
    Never underestimate the ability of what you can achieve.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
    • NeverUnderestimate
    • By NeverUnderestimate 13th Oct 16, 6:48 PM
    • 106 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    NeverUnderestimate
    13/10/16

To do list:

-Input milage for the past month.
    - Update my work diary.
    - Organise work diary and notes.
    - Pick up new uniform.

- Search for building and content insurance quotes for my mum and find a like for like policy.

Last one is currently going underway now. Today has been a NSD.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
    • NeverUnderestimate
    • By NeverUnderestimate 17th Oct 16, 8:44 AM
    • 106 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    NeverUnderestimate
    "Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid of only standing still"

So the past few days have been pretty hectic. Actually the last week has to be honest. Most days I've managed to spend something one way or another . It's time to turn over a new leaf. I've also sabotaged my diet when all was going well so it's time to jump back on the bandwagon with that too.

The quote I chose today relates with me alot. It's the small steps that count in life. I need to stop being so harsh with myself.

It's weird sometimes, when I had my car PCP loan I'd just happily allow the usual payments to go out each month and I'd never overpay. Since I've changed over to the loan at the cheaper rate, it's like I want to overpay as much as possible. It's become an obsession which I suppose is good in some ways. In other ways it's not. I need to find a good balance.

I've made another overpayment, albeit a small one of £16.81.

I've already started receiving extra income ready for next months budget pot. I've stashed it away to the side for now (things like child benefit, child maintenance etc).

And sadly, I've just received a phone call to say my aunt has passed away during the night. It was expected as she'd been poorly and had admissions numerous times this year. It was the kindest thing for her. It just makes you feel a bit numb.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
    • NeverUnderestimate
    • By NeverUnderestimate 18th Oct 16, 8:23 AM
    • 106 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    NeverUnderestimate
    "Family is not an important thing. It's everything"

I love this quote. It's easy to not always see the importance of family. Don't get me wrong, some family members can drive you absolutely insane but when time gets rough there are always the same relations who are there for you and support you. I'm so grateful for the support I received when doing my training. It was a hellish three years but I got through it and since then I've had a few ups and downs and self doubt.

But also I'm mostly grateful for my son. He's the reason I muddle through most days and we have a fantastic bond. Sometimes I feel like I don't give him enough but deep down I know I do. I need to slow down and be a bit more patient with him and spend our time wisely. It's easier said than done when I'm working full time and I'm exhausted after work and everything else. I used to carry guilt over being a single parent, that thankfully has passed. The reason he is who he is today is mostly down to me.

He's a funny little boy who's so caring and tries his hardest in everything he does. His eyes are always bright and he's such a curious and interested individual. I want him to learn and experience things as much as possible.

I just love him lots.

--

17/10/16

I had quite a busy day at work however all my travel milage is now up to date as well as my work diary. I'm one step closer to being organised there!

I also filled up with petrol yesterday as I was close to empty. £20 spent there and it should hopefully do me for the week. I'd like to keep a closer eye on my petrol usage. Most of the journeys I make are short ones due to the job I do as I make several visits each day. It's easy to let good habits slide though so I'll refresh my memory on the MSE guide.

Last night I also managed to get a good 11 hours sleep which was needed. I feel a lot better for it this morning.

To do list: 18/10/16

- Move money around in bank accounts.
    - Review spending and plan ahead for half term next week.
    - Chase up uniform that hasn't arrived! (Only half arrived).
    - No snacking on naughty foods.
    - Have lunch at home.
    - Text friend to bring training related paperwork for tomorrow.
    - Input today's milage and write in diary.
    - Play board games with son.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
    • NeverUnderestimate
    • By NeverUnderestimate 19th Oct 16, 8:15 AM
    • 106 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    NeverUnderestimate
    Morning!

Currently up to 8 NSD so far this month. I believe my target was 15 so I hope to achieve this. I was doing really well but then over the weekend I was just feeling meh. Back on it though.

Yesterday was a NSD and today should also be. My car is filled with petrol and I'm up to date with everything else.

I'm currently experiencing some pain where I've had 2x previous ops this year. I'm hoping it will calm down soon and that there's nothing wrong with it. I've had endless troubles all year! I need go chase up my outpatient appointment for December. Sadly my consultant is very busy so I'm wondering if it will be January before I see him. I'm not sure it will hold on so long.

I had quite a fun afternoon at work yesterday as we had an afternoon round to complete. I just casually got into someone else's car. Haven't laughed so much in ages!

Today I'm at work related training all day. Hopefully should get free tea and coffee .

My weigh day is Friday morning. I did not weigh last week as I hadn't been that well or committed to healthier eating. We also had a few family parties to attend which involved food. I'm back on the band wagon now though!

I've checked my bank accounts and all is looking well. There are 12 days left in the month and all is looking well. I was worried it would be a tight month. Which in ways it has been but I've managed.

I get paid next Wednesday. Hopefully today I should be able to see what I will be paid (We can usually check online the week beforehand). I also have the extra income this week from the extra shift I worked last Friday night. Well I hope I do, the people whom dealt with it managed to !!!! it up royally. I am going to put some of it aside towards savings, some towards holiday fund (due March 2017), and some towards a overpayment to the loan.

My son breaks up for half term this Friday and I am off next week. I'll make sure we do plenty of fun things. I have the leeway to do this. And hope we have a good time. I'll think about that later.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
    • NeverUnderestimate
    • By NeverUnderestimate 20th Oct 16, 8:18 AM
    • 106 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    NeverUnderestimate
    So yesterday was a NSD bringing my total to 9 NSD. I was nearly tempted to buy lunch during training day but didn't. I'd brought stuff with me and munched my way through that but it was so tempting to get a hot meal. Although the choice did put me off. It was more to eat with the people I was with haha!

I've still been playing around with the snowball calculator. I like to see the numbers come down haha! However I'm becoming a tad bit too obsessed. I must stop. However just a 100 overpayment on the usual direct debit can shave a year off the original debt free date (Sep 2020) bringing it to Sep 19. Sep 19 is my ultimate goal however I'll most likely want to beat this. Who knows what life may throw at us during the mean time?

Today I'm back at the usual place of work. I'm taking it easy this morning and enjoying a good cuppa!!

Things to do:-

- Chase up wages (they've messed up again and will no longer advance)
    - Chase up my outpatient appointment with consultant.
    - Input milage.
    - Organise work diary.
    - Take some time for myself.

And relax more than anything. I'm pretty sore again today. I'm not sure if my wound is playing up. It looks inflamed. I'll patch it up best as I can and get an appointment.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
    • NeverUnderestimate
    • By NeverUnderestimate 21st Oct 16, 8:28 AM
    • 106 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    NeverUnderestimate
    "You have to let people go. Everyone who is in your life is meant to be a part of your journey. However not all of them are meant to stay until the end."

This quote makes me feel sad at times but it's true. People come and go at different stages of your life. Sometimes you want them to stay forever but it's not that simple. Sometimes I feel scared to meet new people. Other times I find it really easy. It's weird. The truth is I love meeting new people. I find them interesting no matter where they come from or what they're journey entails. I suppose in some ways this can relate to here. We're all here for one reason or another. Maybe through choice or sometimes it's choices made outside of our hands. The best bit is we all help, encourage and support one another through different journeys. That's what I like about these boards. Each person brings something different to the topic of conversation. It's a boost. There is always light at the end of the tunnel, whether it takes 6 months or 4 years.

--

Yesterday was a NSD bringing my total to 10 NSD. I made lunch for me and a colleague on our lunch break. I don't usually invite people back to my home but I thought it would save her some money and we had a good chat.

Last night my sons hobby was cancelled so we sat together and he wrote a story (well he rewrote goldilocks and three bears in his own words). I've never seen him write so much. We then did some junk modelling and made a 'rocket' out of recycled materials. Afterwards we went up to bed and for some reason or another he sneaked into my bed so we read some poems and talked about things in life. He's always asking questions. He questions everything you do and wants to learn. It can be frustrating sometimes but I'm glad he's wanting to learn. He shows interest in many areas. I just need to find time and ways to enhance these.

We haven't done much together in a while so tonight we may go to the cinema and watch a film if the times are right. He wants to buy the expensive sweets there with his birthday money haha! I've told him we'll pick something up from the sweet stash we somehow build at home.

As expected I've not been paid today for the extra shift I undertook. I will phone up today as I can't even see my payslip for next week for my main job which I usually can. It's so frustrating and I'm losing the will to live. This will be the second time they've messed up. And they state they will no longer do advances of payment. It has to go above board. Oh the joys.

In other news money wise I still have extra left in my accounts and may well end up with leftover at the end of the month. This will be divided between savings and extra debt payments.

Bye for now!
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
    • NeverUnderestimate
    • By NeverUnderestimate 21st Oct 16, 12:53 PM
    • 106 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    NeverUnderestimate
    A quick one from me!

I still need to phone payroll. It's really bugged me.
    I've just had my lunch break at home and had a jacket potato with tuna. My total weightloss is now 9lb since a month ago. I'm happy with that. My clothes are looser. If I tried harder I could lose more but things are hectic lately.

Life seems so busy and hectic lately. I honestly don't know where time goes.

I need to input my milage from the past couple of days. I've been a bit lax. Oops.

Off I go back to work.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
    • Cailbhinn
    • By Cailbhinn 21st Oct 16, 8:26 PM
    • 88 Posts
    • 260 Thanks
    Cailbhinn
    All the best NU for you DFD of Sept 19! Scary how your story has striking similarities. The nurse bank used to mess up my wages every week! They seem incapable of actually paying what's due.
    Starting Debt (31 Oct 2016) - £12,956 | Current Debt (31 Oct 2016) - £12,956 (0% paid)
    • Bobarella
    • By Bobarella 21st Oct 16, 9:04 PM
    • 7,961 Posts
    • 51,142 Thanks
    Bobarella
    How old is your son NU? He sounds fab. And so do you. I am always so impressed by all single parents. You are incredible.

Love all the quotes. Sorry about your Aunt. Keep kicking!
    £800 to pay =70% repaid
    RR 2016 #2 December £0.17 2016-£55.16 2015- £84.20)
    Wombling Free 2016#5 £2,227.06 2015 £1027.20
    NST December
    PAYDBX #7 £1890.53/£2,700 (70%)
    • NeverUnderestimate
    • By NeverUnderestimate 21st Oct 16, 9:42 PM
    • 106 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    NeverUnderestimate
    Argh stressful day. My wages are messed up again (main ones) and I've been taxed way too much but it's a complicated situation. I sometimes wonder why I bother!

I feel rubbish tonight, nothing hopefully a good sleep won't sort out.

The story my son spent aged writing he didn't get to read. I don't really think much of the teaching so far this year. Sadly because I work 9-5 mostly I'm never there for pickups. I've asked numerous times for certain things to get nothing back.

Aside from that tonight we've had homemade pizza. We didn't go to the cinema in the end. We're going to keep the options open for the weekend.

Goodnight.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
    • NeverUnderestimate
    • By NeverUnderestimate 22nd Oct 16, 9:06 AM
    • 106 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    NeverUnderestimate
    Bob my son is 6. He's a summer born child. I sometimes feel like I should be doing more but I know I'm doing my best.

Yesterday was a NSD bringing my total to 11 NSD.

Today we are off to kids club at the cinema to watch the BFG. It's £2.50 each so £5 in total. That's cheaper then one ticket at another film. We'll take our own snacks to save money.

We may also get a mcdonalds for lunch and then we then may go to the sealife centre (we have annual merlin passes).

So it looks like a busy day haha.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
    • NeverUnderestimate
    • By NeverUnderestimate 22nd Oct 16, 2:23 PM
    • 106 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    NeverUnderestimate
    So I'm currently sat in a children's play area for the next hour. What better way to pass time then to be on here! My son is off making friends.

The film (BFG) was brilliant this morning- Definitely worth the £5. We then went to mcdonalds and had lunch £7.00ish. And now here we are in a play area. We've brought some drinks with us that we nipped into BanMs for, 58p bargain ha ha!

After we've been here I think we shall then go to the sealife centre and walk home on the beach.

All in all a pretty busy day. Although we've had some spends we took things like snacks to the cinema which definitely lessened the costs.

It's so busy here at the moment with half term starting. I don't do well with crowds at the best of times.

I'm working two extra shifts Sunday/Monday night. Then I'm on annual leave for the rest of the week in which I'll plan plenty for us to do.

Maybe that can kill some time now ha ha!!
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
    • NeverUnderestimate
    • By NeverUnderestimate 24th Oct 16, 4:18 AM
    • 106 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    NeverUnderestimate
    So here I am on my night shift... it's quiet and I'm trying to pass time on my break..

Sunday was a NSD bringing my total to 12 NSD. Only 3 more to go until I've hit my target. Fingers crossed I can do it!

Once I've finished work I'll be straight back home to sleep, ready for my next night shift. I'm only doing these as they are at an enhanced rate and I'm hoping to use some of the money earned to pay off debt/add to savings.

I'm pretty tired at the moment and can feel myself lagging. I have lots of things to do but no energy to do them.

I might mess around with November's budget and see what I can do with it. That should pass some time. I sound so sad ha ha! I just get excited to see what I start with at beginning of month and what's left at the end haha!
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
    • NeverUnderestimate
    • By NeverUnderestimate 24th Oct 16, 7:56 PM
    • 106 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    NeverUnderestimate
    So it's my last night shift tonight. I'll be glad to be honest. Things have been a mixture of emotions lately. You help people out and get it thrown back at you. So clearly I just need to look out for myself and myself only.

Today has been a NSD for me as I've been asleep most of the day ready for tonight. So my total is now 13 NSD. Only two more to go.

I need to reconfigure my bank accounts to balance up to what they should be. After the weekend spends it's a bit skew-wiff. Plus my mum still needs to transfer money as she misplaced her bank card so I put her shopping onto my card at the time. She'll no doubt do that soon.

Tomorrow after work I can't wait to get home and go to sleep before little one returns. He could have spent the day with his dad but his dad has other ideas. Whatever, his loss.

I think on Wednesday we are going to Alton towers. No expense here aside from petrol as we have merlin passes. Although we will take food with us, I predict it to be a long day so will budget for food expenses too.

I'm pretty low in mood at the moment. I'm just not seeing the enjoyment in things. I tend to go high and low quite often just lately. I wish my emotions would balance out.

In other news my new appointment has come through from the hospital for followup at beginning of December. Thank goodness that's sorted. Hopefully things will improve by then. I'm not sure I could put myself through further surgery at this moment in time.

So in regards to tomorrow I'll hope to have a nap and then maybe do some baking and go for a walk/bike ride. Something simple.

I need simple at the moment. Everything else is like a roller-coaster. I can't keep up.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
    • NeverUnderestimate
    • By NeverUnderestimate 25th Oct 16, 6:03 PM
    • 106 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    NeverUnderestimate
    So my last night shift went as well as it could. I've spent half the day sleeping and the rest chilling put with my son once he came home in the afternoon.

We've just prepped tea- we're having enchiladas. My son chopped all the peppers up and seemed to enjoy this! He asked to do more so we can freeze it! He's such a funny one. He also likes grating cheese. 6 year old ey.

I'm now waiting for tea to finish cooking.

I'm about to do my mum's building/contents renewal and find a better deal. I'll look through TCB to see if I can get any cashback. Every little helps. I mentioned uptrend her renewal quote for both (750 for the year, goodness knows what she's been paying this year and previous). She most likely let's it autorenew but has asked me this year. I'm shocked at the price! I aim to definitely half it!

Today has been a NSD bringing my total to 14 NSD. Only 1 away from target. I'm doing well.

Will catch up properly later.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
    • NeverUnderestimate
    • By NeverUnderestimate 25th Oct 16, 8:26 PM
    • 106 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    NeverUnderestimate
    So I've spent the evening sorting out home/contents insurance for my mum. I got the final thing down to £391 for the year. It could have been done much cheaper but she wanted the fancy extras and all that jazz. I wasn't arguing. But it's sorted and saved her £353.

So I've probably so far including her sky package (saved £510.36) and this, saved her approximately £863. That's money in her pocket. I hope she appreciates it.

I did go through TCB so still awaiting to see if it offers me the cashback of £42.00. I'm unsure whether it will. Either way I'm not fussed. It's a bonus if it does as I'll use it to pay off the loan. My mums happy with that.

I'm off to bed shortly. I'm looking at getting up around 5am to get myself ready for the day as we are going to Alton Towers. Entrance will cost zilch due to our merlin passes. I'll take food with us but will budget a set amount incase we get hungry as it's going to be a long day.

I will just need to put enough petrol in the car as well. Probably around £40. So that's an extra £20 over budget for the week but I'll use funds from elsewhere.

All in all a successful night.

Goodnight DFW'ers
    X
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
    • NeverUnderestimate
    • By NeverUnderestimate 25th Oct 16, 8:27 PM
    • 106 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    NeverUnderestimate
    P.s. The enchiladas were lovely and I don't think any of us will die of food poisoning any time soon.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
    • NeverUnderestimate
    • By NeverUnderestimate 26th Oct 16, 8:18 AM
    • 106 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    NeverUnderestimate
    It's payday today! Well for my monthly wage it is. I've moved the money to a separate account for now until the new month arrives and so I don't get confused.

Last night my son lost his tooth.. It's been wobbly for months. Now the adventures of the tooth fairy aka me start. I found a spare pound lying around and used this which is enough in my eyes. Some parents I know give a fiver/tenner. Christ! I thought it's a bit of fun/magic for kids.

I'll most likely put £50 of petrol in car today to get me to Alton Towers and back. I don't want to risk less and run out/have to stop at services to fill up. Also my car will get a good run on the motorway and blow away any cobwebs. I'll drive as economically as possible. I don't like the fast lanes too much anyway.

My son is grating cheese for his wrap for our picnic . This will obviously cover us for lunch at least. I'll withdraw some cash for food for teatime. It will be a late one when we're there. I'm debating whether to buy a refillable drink for the day (hot one most likely because it will get cold). We'll see. I'm not wanting to deprive myself too much on a day out as this is a one off. I'm so excited to be honest

I hope everyone else has a good day. I'll update later if time allows or I'm not too tired.

X
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
    • NeverUnderestimate
    • By NeverUnderestimate 27th Oct 16, 11:14 AM
    • 106 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    NeverUnderestimate
    So we had an amazing time yesterday. It was just what the DR ordered . It was very busy though but we managed about 6/7 rides which was good considering queue times and the atmosphere made up for it. We arrived just before 1pm and left around 8.30pm. The traffic on the way back was horrendous with delays on the m6. The journey there was fine apart from some small queues in which there was a girl in car behind me getting road rage that we had to slow down. I could see her pointing at my car... I didn't cause the road works or delays. It became quite amusing. I bet her blood pressure was sky high with the way she was reacting. I don't understand some people. We were all in the same circumstances. However maybe she is entitled? Lol.

Spends wise it wasn't too bad! It could have been worse.

- £52.00 for full tank of petrol (I have over half a tank left after doing 200 miles. The car clearly needed the motorway run lol). The rest of the petrol will cover my work milage for next week.

- £16 on a ride photo and a keyring. It was sons first ride on each of these rides and the pictures were priceless. The keyring can go on his school bag to show his friends.

- £9.58 on food. We each had a hot dog and I had mine as a meal with a hot drink, we shared the chips as it was a large portion. In hindsight we could have shared the one meal in regards to portion size. You learn for next time though. We also spent £6 on a refillable drinks capsule- although we took drinks with us I got one of these as when stood queuing for so long we got thirsty/bored and our drink stash went in no time. We shared this though.

All in all, not too bad of a day money-wise. There are definitely so many temptations such as games, glow in dark thingies which last a day lol or other snacks. We had enough with us and for what we ate. The majority of people took their own food so we've ideas for next time. I saw someone eating cold pizza, I've never thought of that.

Today we are having a relaxing morning. We'll be doing my sons homework soon and then he has his hobby after lunch. This afternoon we shall then go to the park with a friend and have a relaxing afternoon.

Tomorrow we have a funeral to attend and a meal afterwards. Then he has his hobby and then his friends birthday. So it looks like it will be a busy day tomorrow.

I'm going to mess around with my banking and move money where appropriate. I withdrew £100 from cash machine yesterday. Far more than I needed. I'll work this into my budget for next month.

Hope everyone has a great day.
    current debt
    £534.00/£12395.87
    since September 2016.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,641Posts Today

5,689Users online

Martin's Twitter