Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 19th Aug 16, 7:38 AM
    • 596Posts
    • 951Thanks
    fredandwilma
    The Big Noddle Energy Switch
    • 19th Aug 16, 7:38 AM
    The Big Noddle Energy Switch 19th Aug 16 at 7:38 AM
    The Big Noddle Energy Switch
    Last edited by fredandwilma; 09-10-2016 at 1:27 PM.
    yabba dabba don't
Page 1
    • Smodlet
    • By Smodlet 14th Sep 16, 5:04 PM
    • 1,803 Posts
    • 2,999 Thanks
    Smodlet
    • 14th Sep 16, 5:04 PM
    • 14th Sep 16, 5:04 PM
    Hi fredandwilma,

Thank you for this information. I have just registered with all three websites although...

... British Gas won the Collective Switch??? It would cost me £41 per year more so don't think I'm quite the muppet one ill-mannered poster thinks I am... Where were his beloved Eon??? I wonder how many shares he has...
    What is this life, if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?

Every stew starts with the first onion.

I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    • FOREVER21
    • By FOREVER21 19th Sep 16, 3:12 PM
    • 1,415 Posts
    • 927 Thanks
    FOREVER21
    • 19th Sep 16, 3:12 PM
    • 19th Sep 16, 3:12 PM
    [QUOTE=fredandwilma;71325359]Just another reminder other collective switches ARE available.

swtch/

https://www.milkmanenergy.com/

11 days to go for the milkman switch. It doesn't give too many details. To be tried and tested?[/Q

Just had a look at the "Milkman" site,
    It seems ok ,but no cashback seems to be on offer and once the winning supplier has been selected , it says that the supplier will contact you direct if you want to take up the offer.
    The switch is then undertaken by the new supplier and no further involvement by milkman. This differs from the way other collective switches seem to work.
    I might register, but only concern is will I open the flood gates to unwanted e- mails?
    • st999
    • By st999 19th Sep 16, 4:50 PM
    • 1,122 Posts
    • 618 Thanks
    st999
    • 19th Sep 16, 4:50 PM
    • 19th Sep 16, 4:50 PM
    I open the flood gates to unwanted e- mails?
    why not do what any sensible person does, have a separate email for such a purpose and then when it has served it's purpose, never check it again.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 19th Sep 16, 8:04 PM
    • 2,455 Posts
    • 954 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 19th Sep 16, 8:04 PM
    • 19th Sep 16, 8:04 PM
    why not do what any sensible person does, ....
    Originally posted by st999
    and ignore the spammy sites

Here's a list of Ofgem accredited comparison sites
    https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/information-consumers/domestic-consumers/switching-your-energy-supplier/confidence-code

The second one in the list by F&W is just a disguised affliliate of MyUtilityGenius.co.uk
    Last edited by footyguy; 19-09-2016 at 8:08 PM.
    • Sosumi
    • By Sosumi 20th Sep 16, 12:28 PM
    • 242 Posts
    • 148 Thanks
    Sosumi
    • 20th Sep 16, 12:28 PM
    The The Big Community Switch – iChoosr – Bug in the System.
    • 20th Sep 16, 12:28 PM

I’m having problems registering for the Big Community Switch with iChoosr.

All goes well as I work through the onsite questions until I get to the two that ask me to enter my annual consumptions of gas and electricity in kWh.

When I do that, it throws up an error message on each of them. Repeatedly.

If I press “Continue” at the bottom of the page, it just reloads the page and asks the same questions.

If I simply abandon it, I get an email from The Big Community Switch asking me to complete my registration.

So, I rang them. Unlike the “Cheap Energy Club, they have a telephone support line . I got through (quickly) to a very charming and helpful lady who attempted to enter my details manually, at her end, but she, too, kept getting the same result. Whatever she tried.

She eventually concluded that there's a glitch in their system and has forwarded the issue to their IT department...
    • KingS6
    • By KingS6 25th Sep 16, 1:40 AM
    • 394 Posts
    • 332 Thanks
    KingS6
    • 25th Sep 16, 1:40 AM
    • 25th Sep 16, 1:40 AM
    The Noddle website is still describing the collective switch opening on September 19th in the future tense. It wouldn't have hurt to update the landing page.
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 26th Sep 16, 12:17 PM
    • 187 Posts
    • 241 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    • 26th Sep 16, 12:17 PM
    • 26th Sep 16, 12:17 PM
    There is another Collective Auction here:

https://petrolprices.ichoosr.com/Product/index.rails?actionId=508

It is another one run by ichooser but on behalf of petrolprices.com (the website that provides updates on the latest petrol & diesel prices in your area, or elsewhere)

Auction takes place on 11th October, with personal offers going out from 24th October.
    Rhondda Cynon Taff, 4kw West Facing PV, 16 x 8.33 Eternity 250w E+10 panels, Solar Edge SE4000-16A Inverter + P300 Optimisers & REUK Diverter
    + Toshiba RAS-10G2KVP-E Ultra High Efficiency Air Conditioner/Heat Pump
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 26th Sep 16, 4:54 PM
    • 187 Posts
    • 241 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    • 26th Sep 16, 4:54 PM
    • 26th Sep 16, 4:54 PM
    Not sure if this is the same as any of those already listed, but there is another Collective Auction by ichooser here:

https://biglondonenergyswitch.ichoosr.com/Product/index.rails?actionId=504

Its on behalf of London boroughs but you don't have to live in London to register.

Again auction takes place on 11th October, with personal offers going out from 24th October, so it may just be the same as all the other ichooser collectives.
    Rhondda Cynon Taff, 4kw West Facing PV, 16 x 8.33 Eternity 250w E+10 panels, Solar Edge SE4000-16A Inverter + P300 Optimisers & REUK Diverter
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 1st Oct 16, 3:52 PM
    • 187 Posts
    • 241 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    There is another Collective Auction via Quidco. Details can be found here:

http://www.quidco.com/discover/news/quidcos-cut-price-energy-club-register-now/

Registration deadline Monday 3rd October
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 2nd Oct 16, 11:36 AM
    • 187 Posts
    • 241 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer

I'm still waiting for Peoples Power as they offer £10 cashback per fuel, too.
    Originally posted by fredandwilma
    Just registered for the Peoples Power Collective. Did not see any dates though for when it happens.
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 15th Oct 16, 8:46 AM
    • 187 Posts
    • 241 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    The Radio Times Collective Auction is now available for signing up.

https://radiotimesenergyswitch.com/
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 16th Oct 16, 7:46 AM
    • 596 Posts
    • 951 Thanks
    fredandwilma
    The Radio Times Collective Auction is now available for signing up.

https://radiotimesenergyswitch.com/
    Originally posted by ASavvyBuyer

Already done, thanks.

With the results of the Big Community Switch on the 24th October, I'm expecting to see E.on Saver v4 win, in it's next form.

With petrol prices also increasing for the first time in 6 years this autumn, it looks 100% likely i will stay with my E.on 2 year fix for it's remaining 21 months.

https://www.petrolprices.com/autumn-petrol-prices-go-up/

http://www.fuelprotest.com/news.php

I'm so glad i made the decision to leave the remaining 7 months of my E.on v19 fix, for what was, pence.

I don't think we will see the deals we have seen in recent years, for some time.
    yabba dabba don't
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 1st Nov 16, 3:45 PM
    • 596 Posts
    • 951 Thanks
    fredandwilma
    Results are now available.

The winner of the Big Noddle Energy Switch for me, was EDF Energy Simply Fixed November 2017.

Saving £13 per year, although there don't appear to be any additional discounts available, nor do they offer the WHD.

In short, way more expensive for me, (£177 per year, more expensive.)

f&w
    yabba dabba don't
    • firsttimemover
    • By firsttimemover 1st Nov 16, 4:01 PM
    • 71 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    firsttimemover
    The Collective EDF tariff is 19% dearer than Iresa who I have just switched to (no penalty for leaving so thought it was worth a look), 14th on the list for me (elec only, low user).

I can't see these Collectives being around for much longer if they can't generate competitive prices. It all seems like a big waste of time for everyone involved!
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 1st Nov 16, 4:04 PM
    • 4,023 Posts
    • 1,602 Thanks
    brewerdave

I can't see these Collectives being around for much longer if they can't generate competitive prices. It all seems like a big waste of time for everyone involved!
    Originally posted by firsttimemover
    ...have to agree ;the last couple of collectives have been real duffers unless you were on a standard tariff already!
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 2nd Nov 16, 7:18 AM
    • 596 Posts
    • 951 Thanks
    fredandwilma
    The Collective EDF tariff is 19% dearer than Iresa who I have just switched to (no penalty for leaving so thought it was worth a look), 14th on the list for me (elec only, low user).

Originally posted by firsttimemover
    ...have to agree ;the last couple of collectives have been real duffers unless you were on a standard tariff already!
    Originally posted by brewerdave

The way forward is obviously to switch, the same as other services, but as energy prices start to rise? competitive deals have all but disappeared, (except for those on Standard Tariffs.)

I haven't even received quotes from some of the collectives i signed for.

It's notable E.on seem to have hibernated. No changes to their website as yet, still only two tariffs available.

None of the "Big 6" appear in my energy comparisons. They are all the smaller companies which on paper may save £20 per year, but don't offer discounts or the WHD, so in reality, work out far more expensive.

At this rate, it makes me wonder how long it will be before E.on stop offering "loyalty" discounts?
    Last edited by fredandwilma; 02-11-2016 at 7:21 AM.
    yabba dabba don't
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 14th Nov 16, 7:11 PM
    • 596 Posts
    • 951 Thanks
    fredandwilma
    https://www.noddle.co.uk/big-noddle-energy-switch

If you missed out last time, registration now open.

Next collective will open for switching on 20th February 2017
    yabba dabba don't
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,433Posts Today

7,831Users online

Martin's Twitter