Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 3
    • spook
    • By spook 8th Dec 16, 1:54 PM
    • 230 Posts
    • 131 Thanks
    spook
    From MSE:

As a bonus, if you sign up now, until 15 January 2017 you can get an extra 100 Clubcard points each of the first five times you use the app (minimum £1 spend). The bonus points will be added to your account within two weeks of making a transaction.

I work for Tesco and whenever I use Clubcard I find it takes two-three days (depending on when I've made a purchase) for any points to filter through.
    Originally posted by 20aday
    Whoops, not sure how I missed that line. I'll look out for the points appearing later. Just thought it was odd that I couldn't find any mention of the offer on the site!

How do you find the app out of interest?
    Setup was pretty easy, I registered on the website and then got the app. I only used it to pay the one time so far and it worked ok. I used a self checkout, the barcode took a bot of effort to scan but once that happened it only took a couple of seconds for the payment to register. But still, it was more hassle than contactless so I doubt I'll keep using it.
    • jon81uk
    • By jon81uk 8th Dec 16, 4:43 PM
    • 735 Posts
    • 467 Thanks
    jon81uk
    Setup was pretty easy, I registered on the website and then got the app. I only used it to pay the one time so far and it worked ok. I used a self checkout, the barcode took a bot of effort to scan but once that happened it only took a couple of seconds for the payment to register. But still, it was more hassle than contactless so I doubt I'll keep using it.
    Originally posted by spook
    Given that I no longer carry my physical clubcard any more, I still need to scan my phone as well as using contactless, therefore PayQwiq means I only need to scan once to pay and clubcard so its a lot less hassle than contactless.
    • spook
    • By spook 8th Dec 16, 4:46 PM
    • 230 Posts
    • 131 Thanks
    spook
    Given that I no longer carry my physical clubcard any more, I still need to scan my phone as well as using contactless, therefore PayQwiq means I only need to scan once to pay and clubcard so its a lot less hassle than contactless.
    Originally posted by jon81uk
    Good point, if you scan your phone anyway for Clubcard then this is definitely easier.
    • Voyager2002
    • By Voyager2002 9th Dec 16, 12:14 AM
    • 11,476 Posts
    • 7,771 Thanks
    Voyager2002
    A daft question, but how do you add your Clubcard details to your PayKwik account?
    • jon81uk
    • By jon81uk 9th Dec 16, 9:12 AM
    • 735 Posts
    • 467 Thanks
    jon81uk
    A daft question, but how do you add your Clubcard details to your PayKwik account?
    Originally posted by Voyager2002
    It should prompt you to enter the details on sign up I think. But if you already set up the app then go to settings then clubcard and there is an option to change the clubcard number.
    • spook
    • By spook 9th Dec 16, 11:13 AM
    • 230 Posts
    • 131 Thanks
    spook
    Originally posted by Voyager2002
    You can also update it on the main Tesco website. It uses the same number as Tesco Groceries and Direct.
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 9th Dec 16, 4:26 PM
    • 2,015 Posts
    • 840 Thanks
    20aday
    Before I merged my Clubcard accounts I used my phone to scan my loyalty card using the app's QR code at my nearest Extra a couple of times.

Now I've got my discount card I'm unable to do so and whilst it's a shame Tesco haven't added the ability to present Clubcard in Wallet (iOS) using TouchID at least I won't need my Clubcard when PayQwik launches in my store next year.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
    • jon81uk
    • By jon81uk 12th Dec 16, 9:49 AM
    • 735 Posts
    • 467 Thanks
    jon81uk
    Tesco haven't added the ability to present Clubcard in Wallet (iOS).
    Download the Clubcard App and there is the option to add the clubcard to Wallet.
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 12th Dec 16, 3:07 PM
    • 2,015 Posts
    • 840 Thanks
    20aday
    Download the Clubcard App and there is the option to add the clubcard to Wallet.
    Yes it's possible to now add Clubcard to Pass Book/Wallet with the latest app in iOS 8/9/10 (unless you have a staff discount card/Clubcard Plus account) however Walgreen's in the U.S. allow customers to authorise their rewards cards with TouchID:

https://www.walgreens.com/topic/promotion/applepay.jsp
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
    • ikka_dukka
    • By ikka_dukka 21st Dec 16, 1:35 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ikka_dukka
    It doesn't yet work in the nearest Tesco extra.
    • austonic
    • By austonic 21st Dec 16, 4:03 AM
    • 90 Posts
    • 66 Thanks
    austonic
    You've misunderstood. Its not the provider having access that concerns me, its having to rely on the providers services for access to the app in the first place. No phone service no access.
    Originally posted by harz99
    Tesco stores usually have a decent WiFi service these days, so doesn't matter if mobile network provider service is not available in the store.

(Use a VPN as well, obviously.)
    A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but ignorance is lethal.
    • jon81uk
    • By jon81uk 22nd Dec 16, 9:55 AM
    • 735 Posts
    • 467 Thanks
    jon81uk
    Yes it's possible to now add Clubcard to Pass Book/Wallet with the latest app in iOS 8/9/10 (unless you have a staff discount card/Clubcard Plus account) however Walgreen's in the U.S. allow customers to authorise their rewards cards with TouchID:

https://www.walgreens.com/topic/promotion/applepay.jsp
    Why do you need to authorise Clubcard though? I have a plastic physical Clubcard, the cashier just scans it, what is the difference if they just scan my phone?
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 28th Dec 16, 1:12 PM
    • 2,015 Posts
    • 840 Thanks
    20aday
    Why do you need to authorise Clubcard though? I have a plastic physical Clubcard, the cashier just scans it, what is the difference if they just scan my phone?
    When it was announced earlier on in the year about the closure of Clubcard Boost MSE seemed to suggest they were going to copy Sainsbury's and allow customers to redeem points instead of waiting for vouchers every quarter.

Although that's yet to happen it adds a layer of security-if someone found your plastic card on the street they could fraudulently clear your earnings.
    • Doubtful
    • By Doubtful 26th Jan 17, 1:38 PM
    • 154 Posts
    • 397 Thanks
    Doubtful
    payqwik still not accepting Tesco Clubcard Plus bank cards!!??? Been a loyal customer for many many years and have found their attitude over this to be appalling. Rang them to query this over 2 weeks ago and they promised to look into and call me back. No-one did. I've just rung them again to be told they are looking into it. Find it hard to believe they are having problems getting their own app to accept their own bank account cards! I notice that someone on this chat was "fobbed" off by them last September. nice way to treat your loyal customers Tesco! Sainsbury's Nectar points are the way to go in future. Maybe Martin Lewis can highlight this on his next programme?
    • gyption
    • By gyption 28th Jan 17, 8:26 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    gyption
    Malware or Rooted
    anyone else getting an error message from Payqwiq: 'won't work on a device that has malware or is rooted'? I'm pretty sure my device isn't rooted and two different apps find no malware. But not sure what to do next now
    Originally posted by thebigbosh
    I'm having this problem too.

Any fix?
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 28th Jan 17, 8:41 PM
    • 2,015 Posts
    • 840 Thanks
    20aday
    payqwik still not accepting Tesco Clubcard Plus bank cards!!??? Been a loyal customer for many many years and have found their attitude over this to be appalling. Rang them to query this over 2 weeks ago and they promised to look into and call me back. No-one did. I've just rung them again to be told they are looking into it. Find it hard to believe they are having problems getting their own app to accept their own bank account cards! I notice that someone on this chat was "fobbed" off by them last September. nice way to treat your loyal customers Tesco! Sainsbury's Nectar points are the way to go in future. Maybe Martin Lewis can highlight this on his next programme?
    Originally posted by Doubtful
    From the FAQs on PayQwiq.com:

You can use Visa, Visa Debit, Visa Electron, MasterCard, MasterCard Debit, Maestro and American Express.

That'd be why you're having trouble adding Clubcard Plus.
    • allanmc
    • By allanmc 9th Jul 17, 9:56 AM
    • 98 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    allanmc
    From the FAQs on PayQwiq.com:

You can use Visa, Visa Debit, Visa Electron, MasterCard, MasterCard Debit, Maestro and American Express.

That'd be why you're having trouble adding Clubcard Plus.
    I think the Tesco Clubcard Plus is actually just a Maestro debit card and that's why it works at the till when used to pay for groceries. That being the case it should be relatively easy to enable these Plus accounts for use with PayQwiq. I suspect that the will simply isn't there to resolve this issue.

I've contacted PayQwiq multiple times via telephone, email and Facebook Messenger since it was launched and get the same "it's coming" story. That must be at least a year now. I've even offered to be a guinea-pig if they wanted an actual customer to try it out with.
    No reliance should be placed on the above.

• Kim_13
    • By Kim_13 17th Jul 17, 6:35 PM
    • 1,184 Posts
    • 1,577 Thanks
    Kim_13
    I had a nice email from them today because I haven't used PayQwik for a while (almost as soon as I'd amassed the 500 point bonus.) 100 points for another transaction before 30th July. It does state that it's by invitation only, so check your emails.
    Sealed Pot 10 #520 ~ ~£66.55/£100
    VSP 2017 #9 ~ £41.40/£250.00
    CCCC 2017 #1 ~ £179.71/£120.00
    EF #170 ~ £500
    Xmas 2017 #25 ~ £5/£365
    365 Day Penny Challenge #4 ~ £17.31/£667.95
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,173Posts Today

4,892Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin