Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cookie666
    • By cookie666 5th Aug 16, 6:30 PM
    • 182Posts
    • 966Thanks
    cookie666
    Motor Home Insurance (CDW) Query
    • 5th Aug 16, 6:30 PM
    Motor Home Insurance (CDW) Query 5th Aug 16 at 6:30 PM
    I recently rented a motor home and instead of taking out the companies CDW waiver insurance (£20 per day) I opted for a policy for around £70 as per comments I'd read.

On the final day we managed to damage the vehicle with no 3rd party involved, I returned the vehicle and was expecting to get hit with the £1000 excess charge, however they've sent me an invoice for the damage which is around £340.

My question is what should I do, can I claim on the CDW policy or do I go back to the hire company and ask them to charge me a grand so I can claim it back? Or just pay the £340 and be done with it?
Page 2
    • dauphin
    • By dauphin 8th Aug 16, 10:59 AM
    • 155 Posts
    • 81 Thanks
    dauphin
    I didn't claim to be quoting you! You said these policies contained a big catch and were a waste of money. I paraphrased that as meaning useless.
    I don't think that was much of a leap but I'm sorry if you find it unforgivable.
    Anyway, let's hope that OP now gets his claim paid, which is all that matters.
    • cookie666
    • By cookie666 19th Sep 16, 4:08 PM
    • 182 Posts
    • 966 Thanks
    cookie666
    Just an update, claim submitted and they paid out minus the £100 excess fee which was a nice treat to get some money back when I'd pretty much thought the claim would fail!
    • takman
    • By takman 19th Sep 16, 5:05 PM
    • 1,296 Posts
    • 987 Thanks
    takman
    Just an update, claim submitted and they paid out minus the £100 excess fee which was a nice treat to get some money back when I'd pretty much thought the claim would fail!
    Originally posted by cookie666
    I thought it would go through ok!. It would be a pretty rubbish policy that cost £70 and only paid out on claims over £1000.
    • cookie666
    • By cookie666 22nd Sep 16, 3:59 PM
    • 182 Posts
    • 966 Thanks
    cookie666
    I know, especially as it was recommended via the site! Was just panicking for nothing in the end ;-)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,100Posts Today

7,195Users online

Martin's Twitter