Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • AdviceSought
    • By AdviceSought 5th Aug 16, 11:26 AM
    • 133Posts
    • 11Thanks
    AdviceSought
    DPP proposal issued - just one query for folk!
    • 5th Aug 16, 11:26 AM
    DPP proposal issued - just one query for folk! 5th Aug 16 at 11:26 AM
    Well, it's now been issued, so just waiting on responses from creditors.

Assuming all goes well, despite it being hard, it should see everything cleared well before I'd have managed the way I was going.

Just one thing I'm unsure on, and I know every case is different, but they obviously have 21 days to respond to the proposal, is this normally a quick process, or do most drag on towards the end of that timeframe?
Page 1
  • National Debtline
    • 5th Aug 16, 12:26 PM
    • 5th Aug 16, 12:26 PM
    Hi

I don’t have personal experience of administering a DAS but I think the timeframe will vary depending on who your creditors are, so it’s difficult to say.

If a creditor hasn’t responded by the 21 day limit your DAS Administrator will treat them as if they have agreed the payment proposal and they will be bound by it.

James
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 5th Aug 16, 2:07 PM
    • 8,397 Posts
    • 8,220 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 5th Aug 16, 2:07 PM
    • 5th Aug 16, 2:07 PM
    Slightly different I know, but as an example, one of my creditors in my IVA failed to respond to the IP's letter, so therefore lost out on there claim of over 10k !!!!

Bizarre is not the word !!!

For free debt advice please call National Debtline on
    0808 808 4000
    Monday to Friday
    9am to 9pm
    Saturday 9.30am to 1pm
    • AdviceSought
    • By AdviceSought 9th Aug 16, 8:54 AM
    • 133 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    AdviceSought
    • 9th Aug 16, 8:54 AM
    • 9th Aug 16, 8:54 AM
    Well, it seems one of the creditors are rejecting the proposal as it was taken out relatively shortly before I started this process.

I guess that at best, slows things down, or at worst, sees the whole thing fall apart and me back to square one and in real trouble.

Anyone had any experience of this kind of thing happening?
    • AdviceSought
    • By AdviceSought 24th Aug 16, 10:33 AM
    • 133 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    AdviceSought
    • 24th Aug 16, 10:33 AM
    • 24th Aug 16, 10:33 AM
    Well, guess I'll know soon.

Today is the final day for creditors to accept or reject the proposals StepChange issued.

Still only the one rejection, which, annoyingly is a tiny % of the total debts involved in this.

Really hope the DAS administrator approves it as it will get me out of this mess I've been struggling with for ages a lot quicker than if things continued as they had done.
  • National Debtline
    • 24th Aug 16, 12:35 PM
    • 24th Aug 16, 12:35 PM
    Fingers crossed. Let us know how you get on.

James
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
    • AdviceSought
    • By AdviceSought 24th Aug 16, 2:18 PM
    • 133 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    AdviceSought
    • 24th Aug 16, 2:18 PM
    • 24th Aug 16, 2:18 PM
    I will do.

Will be pretty gutted if a rejection from a creditor owed £174 (out of approx 11.7k) sees it fail, as the proposal is for it to be 16 months, which gets me sorted and back of my feet much quicker than I'd have though.
    • AdviceSought
    • By AdviceSought 7th Sep 16, 10:25 AM
    • 133 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    AdviceSought
    • 7th Sep 16, 10:25 AM
    • 7th Sep 16, 10:25 AM
    DAS administrator has ruled in my favour!
    • Muttipops
    • By Muttipops 7th Sep 16, 11:34 AM
    • 267 Posts
    • 270 Thanks
    Muttipops
    • 7th Sep 16, 11:34 AM
    • 7th Sep 16, 11:34 AM
    DAS administrator has ruled in my favour!
    Originally posted by AdviceSought

Yippee!
  • National Debtline
    Glad to hear it. Now you can relax.

James
    @natdebtline
    • Donury236
    • By Donury236 11th Oct 16, 8:26 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Donury236
    Well, it's now been issued, so just waiting on responses from creditors.

Assuming all goes well, despite it being hard, it should see everything cleared well before I'd have managed the way I was going.

Just one thing I'm unsure on, and I know every case is different, but they obviously have 21 days to respond to the proposal, is this normally a quick process, or do most drag on towards the end of that timeframe?
    Originally posted by AdviceSought
    How have you found the process? We contacted stpe change on teh 30th September and had progressed to starting off a DPP during the call. They emailed through all the info and we got the wheels in motion getting a basic bank account (applied on the 1st October and STILL have not got the terms signed as the building society forgot to send them out - so we wont have a bank account for another week : ( ). We sent back the Mandate of Authority and the Moratorium form, which their info states starts off the process, but they have contacted us saying they need ALL the information and the deirect debate manadate before they can submit anything. SO now I am freaking out as that has been coming up 2 weeks. We have done what they asked re cancelling Direct debits and contacting creditors, but if we are not protected as they state, what can they do? I am worried now.

Did they put in your moratorium before you had to provide all debt and outgoings?
  • National Debtline
    Hi Donury

There is a general ‘hold action’ letter here which you could for now, just to let your creditors know that you are seeking advice and asking them for 30 days breathing space.

www.nationaldebtline.org/S/sampleletters/Pages/Hold-action-on-your-account-(sole-name).aspx

I can’t comment on Stepchange’s application process but the AIB website suggests that you can apply for a 6 week moratorium yourself prior to a DPP if necessary. You can only have one moratorium within 12 months though, so it’s best to discuss the situation with Stepchange as you would want to make sure the timing of your application is going to cover you up to the DPP actually starting.

www.aib.gov.uk/debt/deal-debt/what-moratorium

James
    @natdebtline
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

480Posts Today

2,532Users online

Martin's Twitter