Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stevenJcarroll
    • By stevenJcarroll 4th Aug 16, 8:46 PM
    • 122Posts
    • 7,918Thanks
    stevenJcarroll
    Selling your soul to the devil
    • 4th Aug 16, 8:46 PM
    Selling your soul to the devil 4th Aug 16 at 8:46 PM
    I've noticed over the last few months that comments on Facebook competitions seems to be getting quite intense. What I mean is the sob stories. e.g. Comment to win a toilet roll, I have only got six months to live and I've never won anything, thanks this awesome prize so generous of you and good luck everybody. Let's not forget the photos and the emojis.

On a serious note does any of these comments make a difference in whether you win or not???
Page 35
    • frenchfancy89
    • By frenchfancy89 26th Sep 17, 7:46 PM
    • 161 Posts
    • 11,251 Thanks
    frenchfancy89
    lol. Don't feel bad. Pet pics are perfectly acceptable ('cos I do it) Not often, mainly when it is asked, but it beats some of the pics that are posted (especially by you-know-who, and the one who puts her kids on at Christmas)
    BTW, saw one the other day, think it was for sauce, and it said something like....
    'my dad would love these, but he passed away last month'
    Sorry for your loss but, was that really necessary? .........
    Be Lucky.
    Originally posted by dontone
    people really are either oversharing or desperate for ANY kind of win, quite worrying... i thought i had a comping addiction!
    Winnings 2017 - adventure outdoors book, £25 cheque, Aden & Anais muslins, Dinner at La Bonne Auberge, £5.70 TCB
    Wish List - Mobile Phone, TV, Laptop, Family Holiday, ££££, Weekend Getaway

• carriebradshaw
    • By carriebradshaw 6th Oct 17, 12:12 PM
    • 1,304 Posts
    • 3,479 Thanks
    carriebradshaw
    I think the sob stories are getting worse but then so is the gushing.Saw this one today, please please stop it!

What an Awesome prize guys! Really want to win! I will cross my fingers🤞, look for a 4 leaf clover🍀, Pray 🙏 to the stars above⭐️✨, Look into my Crystal Ball🔮, Wear my lucky underwear👙, and rub my Magic 8 ball🎱, all in the hope of winning!😁 Liked & Shared with pleasure!
    • Blueyez
    • By Blueyez 6th Oct 17, 6:25 PM
    • 2,401 Posts
    • 17,392 Thanks
    Blueyez
    Emoji heavy & diet success comments to win some sweets...when the question is "what would you eat first?"
    • mansey
    • By mansey 6th Oct 17, 6:30 PM
    • 3,399 Posts
    • 11,780 Thanks
    mansey
    Emoji heavy & diet success comments to win some sweets...when the question is "what would you eat first?"
    Originally posted by Blueyez
    Oxymoron or just moron?
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.”
    ― Billy Joel
    • hdh74
    • By hdh74 6th Oct 17, 6:58 PM
    • 1,902 Posts
    • 58,559 Thanks
    hdh74
    I think the sob stories are getting worse but then so is the gushing.Saw this one today, please please stop it!

What an Awesome prize guys! Really want to win! I will cross my fingers🤞, look for a 4 leaf clover🍀, Pray 🙏 to the stars above⭐️✨, Look into my Crystal Ball🔮, Wear my lucky underwear👙, and rub my Magic 8 ball🎱, all in the hope of winning!😁 Liked & Shared with pleasure!
    Originally posted by carriebradshaw
    Barf - if I was running the comp I'd have to disqualify them
    • Enigmatic Me
    • By Enigmatic Me 6th Oct 17, 7:10 PM
    • 1,387 Posts
    • 13,725 Thanks
    Enigmatic Me

Originally posted by carriebradshaw
    The poster is a guy and I saw the exact same comment on Lindy Bops Facebook page today to win a dress
    The best things in life are free.....
    • Blueyez
    • By Blueyez 6th Oct 17, 7:53 PM
    • 2,401 Posts
    • 17,392 Thanks
    Blueyez
    some of the sob stories on the boden comp that closed today! i'm seeing far more comments like "This person deserves to win!" "Pick this person as the winner, they deserve it!"
    Last edited by Blueyez; 06-10-2017 at 8:27 PM.
    • dontone
    • By dontone 6th Oct 17, 8:59 PM
    • 3,884 Posts
    • 11,798 Thanks
    dontone
    The poster is a guy and I saw the exact same comment on Lindy Bops Facebook page today to win a dress
    Originally posted by Enigmatic Me
    He seems to be a bit obsessed with balls doesn't he?

And I have noticed more of this - 'This post deserves to win' cobblers. It is beyond annoying.
    There was a spate of 'I'll give this prize to ............ if I won 'cos they deserve it' But I haven't noticed it as much lately. Time yet, the advents will not be long.
    Be Lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin'
    • Blueyez
    • By Blueyez 6th Oct 17, 9:27 PM
    • 2,401 Posts
    • 17,392 Thanks
    Blueyez
    He seems to be a bit obsessed with balls doesn't he?

And I have noticed more of this - 'This post deserves to win' cobblers. It is beyond annoying.
    There was a spate of 'I'll give this prize to ............ if I won 'cos they deserve it' But I haven't noticed it as much lately. Time yet, the advents will not be long.
    Be Lucky
    Yep. Also every time there is a major incident "If I win this this I wil donate it to XXX"or trying to shame the company to make donations! Grrr
    • Jenna Appleseed
    • By Jenna Appleseed 7th Oct 17, 10:26 PM
    • 2,084 Posts
    • 7,348 Thanks
    Jenna Appleseed
    Lots of confused people over on magicfreebies post linking to their site's plug for Zoflor's voucher giveaway

Post says "Enter below! <hands pointing in direction to link>
    Like & comment if you love this stuff!"

Some people seem to have got it and are just commenting on liking/using the product; others just haven't.

" I would love to try some please"
    " I cant find Lemon zing i have looked everywhere..... so please cheer me up and let me win a spray bottle... thank you!!!"
    "Zoflora, is so refreshin. Would love the chance to try the lemon.
    Loved and shared x"
    "I would love to win this fingers crossed 😊 liked n shared"
    "Love Zoflora Disinfectant Amazing giveaway would love to win liked and shared fingers and toes crossed thanks for the amazing chance to win"
    "Omg love and need!!!"
    "I would love to win this for my zoflora obsessed pregnant friend. Zoflora smells are her craving lol"

"<tags in 5 people> KIEBFJSNEJDJSJS WE NEED"
    person tagged in " Bye I don't need zoflora"
    other person tagged in
    "I need this so I can actually use Zoflora to appease <person above who tagged them in>, since nowhere near me god damn sells any flavours. Please PLEASE do me this kindness?"

TMI alert: "Like it...I love it!! We have the dreaded d&v bug in the house 4 out of 5 of us have had it. Everything is being Zoflora'd! Could do with a top up! Xxx"

"Would love to win this! Need it for my collection! X"

"Can't really comment as I have never used it, don't remember actually seeing it anywhere for sale either?! Maybe, if I were given a freebie, I could make a valid comment and possibly be converted like all these people above?! <sad face> lol"

"FFS click the bloody link! Commenting isn't entering."
    "And suddenly I find myself listening to a man I've never known before,
    Telling me about the sea..."
    • Gigervamp
    • By Gigervamp 8th Oct 17, 3:00 AM
    • 6,243 Posts
    • 19,901 Thanks
    Gigervamp
    Haha, well at least they won't be winning anything!
    • Blueyez
    • By Blueyez 8th Oct 17, 5:50 PM
    • 2,401 Posts
    • 17,392 Thanks
    Blueyez
    Oxymoron or just moron?
    Originally posted by mansey
    The latter I imagine
    • Blueyez
    • By Blueyez 8th Oct 17, 10:06 PM
    • 2,401 Posts
    • 17,392 Thanks
    Blueyez
    I've just noticed one half of the "Married in Michigan" duo as struck again! this time with the son&wife's wedding photo. To win a sponge cake.
    • Blueyez
    • By Blueyez 8th Oct 17, 10:18 PM
    • 2,401 Posts
    • 17,392 Thanks
    Blueyez
    I've just noticed one half of the "Married in Michigan" duo as struck again! this time with the son&wife's wedding photo. To win a sponge cake.
    I stand corrected. The husband (of the mother) would like to win the sponge cake for his & his lovely wife's 35th wedding anniversary on the 27th!
    • hdh74
    • By hdh74 9th Oct 17, 5:20 PM
    • 1,902 Posts
    • 58,559 Thanks
    hdh74
    Cue the pictures of dirty laundry sigh...

https://www.facebook.com/EuronicsUK/photos/a.149491241767321.27894.149485681767877/1436402693076163/?type=3&theater
    • dontone
    • By dontone 9th Oct 17, 8:59 PM
    • 3,884 Posts
    • 11,798 Thanks
    dontone
    Dunno why, but this made me giggle more than it should have done.
    I think it's because for all the effort they put in to win a cake, you can go to the shop and buy a Victoria Sponge for a quid.
    It's beyond pathetic
    Be Lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

• dontone
    • By dontone 9th Oct 17, 9:02 PM
    • 3,884 Posts
    • 11,798 Thanks
    dontone
    Seen the stacked up washing '4 kids and a husband' post.
    I dare one of you lot to post a photo of a rather nasty pair of skid marked undies*. (you don't have to own the pair, just a piccy found on google will do) I'd even post a reply underneath that 'this post deserves to win!!'
    Be Lucky.

*I am surprised, unless I have missed it, that someone hasn't done that already.

• Blueyez
    • By Blueyez 9th Oct 17, 10:24 PM
    • 2,401 Posts
    • 17,392 Thanks
    Blueyez
    Dunno why, but this made me giggle more than it should have done.
    I think it's because for all the effort they put in to win a cake, you can go to the shop and buy a Victoria Sponge for a quid.
    It's beyond pathetic
    Be Lucky
    Same. I feel like an intruder on their lives-I know rather a bit about them now, everytime they post, woo! family update!
    I get the "woo! I've won" feeling- even for small prizes, but there is a limit! revealing personal info for a cake? no thanks.
    • strawberri_shortcake
    • By strawberri_shortcake 13th Oct 17, 4:15 PM
    • 198 Posts
    • 2,336 Thanks
    strawberri_shortcake
    I thought I'd seen it all.

Mentioning a brain tumor to win a gift pack including:

A cleanse
    A water bottle
    A nature adult coloring book
    A hip Hop Abs Workout
    A pumpkin Spice Latte Foam Hand Soap
    A workout Journal
    An agility Ball
    Nail Polish
    Why do mice have such small balls?
    Because so few of them can dance.

• Sunny Saver
    • By Sunny Saver 13th Oct 17, 10:20 PM
    • 2,822 Posts
    • 95,737 Thanks
    Sunny Saver
    I stand corrected. The husband (of the mother) would like to win the sponge cake for his & his lovely wife's 35th wedding anniversary on the 27th!
    And a bottle of gin. Plus there are photos of the whole family just for you lot.
    “It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.”

F. Scott Fitzgerald
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,359Posts Today

7,582Users online

Martin's Twitter