Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    jamesd
    P2P: MoneyThing
    • 2nd Aug 16, 7:29 PM
    P2P: MoneyThing 2nd Aug 16 at 7:29 PM
    This is a discussion for things specific to the MoneyThing peer to peer lending platform, to make it easier to find those as distinct from more general P2P discussions. More discussion is available at the P2P Independent Forum MoneyThing section.

MoneyThing does a range of lending types that often avoid the ubiquitous property development loans seen in the P2P world at the moment but still does many of those. Interest rates are typically 12% but have ranged from 10-15%. All loans are secured on some sort of physical asset.

The platform received full FCA approval in March 2017, replacing its former interim approval.

As of 1 April 2017 there have been no defaults but eventually this is sure to change since it's a fact of life with lending.

TOPICS: generic P2P, Ablrate, Lendy (formerly Saving Stream), MoneyThing.
    Last edited by jamesd; 16-04-2017 at 11:22 PM.
Page 6
    • Trentenders
    • By Trentenders 14th Jun 17, 7:48 PM
    • 1,104 Posts
    • 671 Thanks
    Trentenders
    I could tell you that it's legit, but you don't know who I am, so why would you trust me?

You could check Companies House and the FCA Register for starters...

P.S. They are legit
    • Flobberchops
    • By Flobberchops 14th Jun 17, 8:07 PM
    • 518 Posts
    • 357 Thanks
    Flobberchops
    Very quick question - I can see from just this forum post that quite a few people have signed up for this but can people just confirm that it is legit. I have signed up but it is asking for a certified copy of documents so I want to make sure this is the case before I upload anything.
    Originally posted by Zosa
    I had to do the same. This is a fairly standard request for financial providers. Please do your own research into MoneyThing but I think you'll find they are a popular and trusted platform with overwhelmingly positive reviews.
    I work for a UK bank, but any comments made on this forum are solely my personal opinion. Caveat Emptor!
    • anselld
    • By anselld 14th Jun 17, 10:20 PM
    • 5,206 Posts
    • 4,749 Thanks
    anselld
    Very quick question - I can see from just this forum post that quite a few people have signed up for this but can people just confirm that it is legit. I have signed up but it is asking for a certified copy of documents so I want to make sure this is the case before I upload anything.
    Presumably when you signed up you were expecting to upload money. Why are you suddenly more troubled by uploading documents?
  • jamesd
    can people just confirm that it is legit. I have signed up but it is asking for a certified copy of documents so I want to make sure this is the case before I upload anything.
    It's legitimate and one of the firms that has full rather than interim permission from the FCA so they survived that scrutiny. I have many tens of thousands invested there and have paid in and withdrawn may tens of thousands.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,461Posts Today

8,402Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin